• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Laurel Fuel Consumption

Ian Chan

Thanks for replying.. What about the Price of spares ? Are they expensive or cheap and freely available ? :unsure:

that i dunno mate. this was my ex's dad's car. all i can say is i hope it's in spare part shops by now! in a million little pieces! lmao!

but in general nissan parts shouldn't be a problem

hmmmmm.. Some say since there is a limited amount of Laurels in the county the spares may be expensive and a bit hard to find unlike normal nissan's.. I really like this car but it's the spares i'm worried about. I better check some more before i buy it.. Thanks for ur help anyway !! :action-smiley-060:

I would love something like the Mark 2 but a bit expensive to me... I'm looking for something around 15-16 lks which should be luxury and spars should be freely available, Should also do atleast 7km per ltr in colombo.. I don't think i could find one as such though !!! :action-smiley-060:

You can look at a Cefiro you can get between 6-9km/l. Good cars, if you get the right one but you might need to stretch your budget by about a couple of 100k.

A few of my friends use them & have had no complaints so far for about 3 years. I've seen a couple of them for sale on AL & they look in quite good condition judging by the pics. And some state that they are maintained by the Agents, which at the end of the day would mean that there is a good service record.

I would love something like the Mark 2 but a bit expensive to me... I'm looking for something around 15-16 lks which should be luxury and spars should be freely available, Should also do atleast 7km per ltr in colombo.. I don't think i could find one as such though !!! :action-smiley-060:

Save on fuel and visit Spa's is it ??? ;)

I don't mind a Cefiro but in 99% of the cefiro's for sale the Dashboard is cracked in the middle... Also most of it has one headlight replaced and i have no idea why.. If i get i Perfect one with non of these diffects for a reasonable price i'll buy but the prob is i never get one !!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Go to the Spa?? Nt a bad idea if i'm able to save on petrol.. lol :alc:

I don't mind a Cefiro but in 99% of the cefiro's for sale the Dashboard is cracked in the middle... Also most of it has one headlight replaced and i have no idea why.. If i get i Perfect one with non of these diffects for a reasonable price i'll buy but the prob is i never get one !!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Go to the Spa?? Nt a bad idea if i'm able to save on petrol.. lol :alc:

Ahh if you love spas you are going to love this :P

Try the 6th gen Honda accord, damn comfy car and i fell in love with it the moment i got into it. Exterior wise i say the looks are a matter of opinion, some like it some dont. But i dont think there is a single person in this planet who wouldn't love the interior of that car, sure as hell gives the German saloons a run for their money. One of my relatives had one sometime ago and he said it did around 7-9 in city and 10-12 outstation so doesn't hurt the pocket too much either. Stafford and the usual places for honda have ample spares, the only issue you have to worry about is the resale value you know cause its not a TOYOTA which is apparently is a big deal in SL :rolleyes:

If you need to ask what a 6 cylinder engine will do on fuel consumption, you are looking at the wrong type of car .

look around - people who have te silky 6 s normally dont sell them till they cross 100K , and a new model comes out.

Stop agonising and buy a 4 pot diesel, and smile all the way !

A good 406 will actually go above your price range, usually a well maintained one will easily top the 1.6 mil mark so might be a bit over budget. Also you have to consider the fact that these will need more attention and maintenance and cant be abused like japs so you will have to a spend a hefty amount for maintaining such a car as well.For a person on tight budget i wouldn't suggest that buying such a car is advisable.

Ok then, how about the Hyundai Sonata H-Matic 2001 or above? I don't know much about this car coz i'm not a Hyundai fan but i heard it's cheap and luxury.. How's maintenance, spares availability and price of spares ? Also any idea how much it'll to on fuel in Colombo? Any other car suggestions ? :action-smiley-060:

Ok then, how about the Hyundai Sonata H-Matic 2001 or above? I don't know much about this car coz i'm not a Hyundai fan but i heard it's cheap and luxury.. How's maintenance, spares availability and price of spares ? Also any idea how much it'll to on fuel in Colombo? Any other car suggestions ? :action-smiley-060:

look at these link you can find what you are looking for

I am still not sure coz the budget i have is shitt!! Anyway thanks alot guys for all ur help!! See ya.. :alc:

The problem isnt the budget, the problem is your requirements :)

you can easily go for a mainstream car like an ek3 for that budget but that big,comfyness and exclusivity wont be there.