• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Airconditioned Bike

whmsujith

Imagine these fellows sneak through traffic just like other bikers and when they have to stop, their guard wheels come down banging on your doors :angry-smiley-024:

'E L N I N O',

You are correct, they have guard wheels as the rider cannot put the legs down,

Rider will have to be careful to be within correct space when he stop so that their guard wheels will not interrupt any vehicles on the two sides.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

ewww! no "biker" would like that horrid little contraption. biking aint for sissies and if you can't take a bit of heat, dust and what not...you really shouldn't be a "biker" imho :)

on another note...larger cruisers had introduced air conditioners before and that works when the ride wears speacial riding gear that gets cooled air pumped into from the ac system. also there are ac units you can buy seperately that can be fixed on and then works with a special riding suit.

anyways...the way i see it...although sl is tropical country... our riding distances are generally not that long. so you really don't need an ac unit.

we rode from puttalam to jaffna in may taking the A32...even at those distances, in blazing hot sun... you really dont need an ac :) of course i was sunburnt like crazy and needed few litres of water for the ride but that's it

• Like 4

ewww! no "biker" would like that horrid little contraption. biking aint for sissies and if you can't take a bit of heat, dust and what not...you really shouldn't be a "biker" imho :)

on another note...larger cruisers had introduced air conditioners before and that works when the ride wears speacial riding gear that gets cooled air pumped into from the ac system. also there are ac units you can buy seperately that can be fixed on and then works with a special riding suit.

anyways...the way i see it...although sl is tropical country... our riding distances are generally not that long. so you really don't need an ac unit.

we rode from puttalam to jaffna in may taking the A32...even at those distances, in blazing hot sun... you really dont need an ac :) of course i was sunburnt like crazy and needed few litres of water for the ride but that's it

Exactly it takes all the fun away from riding a bike, besides that training wheels things are not very practical in tight spaces and since they go up and down all the time in stop and go situations i doubt they will last very long either.

If someone wants an ac ride for a low price i say the best thing is to buy one of those ac three wheelers, is saw a couple of them going around.Even if you buy a normal bajaj three wheeler and fix a set of doors and fit an ac unit i bet it would still cost less than that contraption.

But on a positive note this thing actually looks more solid and safe than a conventional bike, it would actually give the passengers a higher chance of survival in a collusion.

Exactly it takes all the fun away from riding a bike, besides that training wheels things are not very practical in tight spaces and since they go up and down all the time in stop and go situations i doubt they will last very long either.

If someone wants an ac ride for a low price i say the best thing is to buy one of those ac three wheelers, is saw a couple of them going around.Even if you buy a normal bajaj three wheeler and fix a set of doors and fit an ac unit i bet it would still cost less than that contraption.

But on a positive note this thing actually looks more solid and safe than a conventional bike, it would actually give the passengers a higher chance of survival in a collusion.

Stig,

Your idea was tried by a Srilankan Engineer some time back but 150cc engine did not give enough power for three wheeler and A/C compressor. Three wheeler was fully covered fiber glass body with A/C. This three wheeler had to fix another small petrol engine fitted rear with the A/C compressor I made the self starter for that engine.Tried another project to convert a three wheeler to a four wheeler never completed.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Stig,

Your idea was tried by a Srilankan Engineer some time back but 150cc engine did not give enough power for three wheeler and A/C compressor. Three wheeler was fully covered fiber glass body with A/C. This three wheeler had to fix another small petrol engine fitted rear with the A/C compressor I made the self starter for that engine.Tried another project to convert a three wheeler to a four wheeler never completed.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I think the ones i saw were imported, they were not the standard bajaj three wheels. im pretty sure i have seen some three wheels which are fully enclosed with doors, haven't seen the ac vent on these but the rear has fixed glasses so the only logical inference is that its air conditioned. And no they are not used to transport goods cause there ware some people in the back. I believe the one i saw was from taj hotels i think :unsure: must have been used to transport foreigners.

I think the ones i saw were imported, they were not the standard bajaj three wheels. im pretty sure i have seen some three wheels which are fully enclosed with doors, haven't seen the ac vent on these but the rear has fixed glasses so the only logical inference is that its air conditioned. And no they are not used to transport goods cause there ware some people in the back. I believe the one i saw was from taj hotels i think :unsure: must have been used to transport foreigners.

Stig',

What you are referring on your post I have seen them. I don't think that have A/C.I remember driving close to one of them they are not Bajaj. That was a Diesel body completely changed to look like Thailand three wheeler. The modified three wheeler I saw was I think Ape built in India with a Diesel engine.

As I wrote in my previous post if you want to A/C have to have a small separate engine with a lambretta Dynamo-motor in one unit to take A/C cooler fans condenser fans DC load and to drive the compressor.It can be done cost will be today around 250000.00 rupees or more with enclosing the body with Fiber glass and have one door for the passenger one door for the driver.To find a small Dynamo-motor will be very difficult.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

how is the condition of the A32 road can cars go in it and arrive at their destination with all parts intact? :rolleyes:

btw,what about eating joints on the way? are there any coz driving/riding on such roads which had not been used for ages is tiresome and will at least a stop or two on the way

how is the condition of the A32 road can cars go in it and arrive at their destination with all parts intact? :rolleyes:

btw,what about eating joints on the way? are there any coz driving/riding on such roads which had not been used for ages is tiresome and will at least a stop or two on the way

'carboy2011',

We went to Jaffna about two months back I spoke to army personal there about coming back on that road they said some areas are not advisable to go due to bad road conditions so we came back on the same A9 instead of taking that road.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

when we went during vesak holidays...the only 4 wheeler we saw a navy buffel :P other than that it was just us and a tuk tuk we met somewhere in vilpattu. I dont think a car can go in that road machang. double cabs, jeeps and suv's yes.

you do get small eateries but nothing fancy. you should be able to grab a coke and some rotties and stuff but that's about it.

But if anybody likes an adventure bike trip...it's an awesome trail :) just take plenty water and a patch repair kit.