• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ever Seen A Wp Ea Number Plate?

Donnie Brasco

yep i too saw a 1997 model maroon sahara with the EA plate parked on the side of the road at kandana!!!! was wondering how it got tat number!!!!

May be they are opening a new series of plates for motorists who wants to get English plates like "F" series ?

The reason the numbering system started from G series and not from A was to move the "all numeric" palates to the modern format, so it makes sense if they are converting old plates from E and onwards.

• Like 1

EA is given for army/navy/air force auctioned vehicles. RMV charges additional 20000 to issue an EA plate, otherwise you get the "325" number. for those who own Ex-forces vehicle with a 325 number you can ask for an EA plate.. after paying 20000/=............

saw a really nice white defender puma on an EA plate ... that was definitely not an ex military vehicle...

yes.. it has to be an ex military one.. what people do is they will fix a new body to the old chassis bought from the auction...

this new EA plate came very recently.. about 2 months back... after a court order or something if i can remember

If theE series is for ex-military vehicles, surely the series will not move to EL or EN series in this millennium.

MINIACE

The Police has bought TATAs which were crippling by 4yrs

Then they went to mahendras

Recently I saw an Actyon cab which was used by the army

which such choice of vehicles, given to those reckless drivers who can't maintain a bus or defender means the EL plate could come in the near future

First, Police vehicles are local departmental registered hence no E series will be issued.

Second every lettering got 9456 vehicles registered. In that case EA to EL got 122,928 vehicles. (9456X12=122,928). Dont think SL military got morethan a total of 20,000 vehicles.Food for thought mate!rolleyes.gif

MINIACE

• Like 1

First, Police vehicles are local departmental registered hence no E series will be issued.

Second every lettering got 9456 vehicles registered. In that case EA to EL got 122,928 vehicles. (9456X12=122,928). Dont think SL military got morethan a total of 20,000 vehicles.Food for thought mate!rolleyes.gif

MINIACE

Hey Mini,

How come there's only 9456 number's per letter? I thought it'd be 0001 to 9999, hence 9999 in total. What's the exception?

Yes , numbers with a total 13 are not issued .

MINIACE

I've heard this story, and we made a game of it during a downsouth trip once (keep them math skills sharp ;) ) but we did come across a couple of vehicles that totaled 13. Of course, it might have been vehicles running illegal plates, or rusty math skills, but still.

I've heard this story, and we made a game of it during a downsouth trip once (keep them math skills sharp ;) ) but we did come across a couple of vehicles that totaled 13. Of course, it might have been vehicles running illegal plates, or rusty math skills, but still.

Guess thats a combination of bad Math skills n illegal platestongue.gif

MINIACE