• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Shop/guy Who Can Ship Parts From Us?

67Dodge

hi guys,

is there anyone you know of that can bring down specific parts from the US if you tell them the exact product?

exg:- im looking for a specific set of 4x4 wheels only available in the US. is there a shop u can point be out to that can have it bought/shipped here if i tell them the specific website from which to order it?

Thanks,

Kevin

i think Aramex has some sorta service like that though i could never get my head around it.

they say that you can biuy stuff online and get them shipped to the aramex warehouse in states and then they will ship to your addy in SL.. I couldn't get enought info off their site and waws too lazy to call :)

http://www.aramex.com/ and if you do figure it out...please share it here :)

• Like 1

i think Aramex has some sorta service like that though i could never get my head around it.

they say that you can biuy stuff online and get them shipped to the aramex warehouse in states and then they will ship to your addy in SL.. I couldn't get enought info off their site and waws too lazy to call :)

http://www.aramex.com/ and if you do figure it out...please share it here :)

think they open a PO Box for you in the states to which you can direct all your shipping items. From there they pick it up and drop it off at ur door step here in SL

what about customs? are they able to bypass that aswell?

haha! Arent you a wishful thinker! ARAMEX is a legitimate business, they wont go around illegally bypassing customs to save you few bucks. Like most courier services, they'll pay the full tax and make you pay them back upon goods collection.

• Like 1

has anyone tried the whole aramex thing here?

just wondering how safe and practical their service is...especially if you were to buy stuff on ebay etc cos there is a certain timeline at play for paypal protection and stuff

Here is my recommendation. Buy it online and ship it to a Sri Lankan Shipping company in the US. They will put it on a cargo ship bound for SL. Once in Colombo, you will have to get it cleared from customs. I have only used their service myself to ship my belongings to SL. But I know people who used their service from SL. I'm sure they will be able to entertain your request.

I think they have an office in Colombo, where you can get more info about where your items need to be shipped in the US.

http://www.srilak.com/

Edited by madmax

haha! Arent you a wishful thinker! ARAMEX is a legitimate business, they wont go around illegally bypassing customs to save you few bucks. Like most courier services, they'll pay the full tax and make you pay them back upon goods collection.

If you use a cargo carrier like I mentioned, you can go and clear your items from customs yourself. So if you have the right "connections" you always can work something out.

just wondering how safe and practical their service is...especially if you were to buy stuff on ebay etc cos there is a certain timeline at play for paypal protection and stuff

our family uses the aramex po box facility all the time. its pretty simple to set up. just give them call. they'll sort you out. you have to rent out a po box tho. i don't think they do one time services.

some ebay sellers don't ship to po boxes. but amazon sends all their stuff

• Like 1

i use a shipping company based in UK to ship stuff meant for personal use. collection from the sri lankan joint (ceylon shipping lines) is not as much a trouble as one might think (half a day). besdies if the customs fellows realise that it is for personal use then you can get away with a small tax paid even without the "right connections".

Check with a trico agent in the U.S. You might be able to have the stuff shipped directly to them and have it reshipped here. Basically how I get everything I want shipped. Do a google search for Nawalanka shipping. They are the agents in New York it's worth tossing em an email and seeing if they can work it out for you.

• Like 1

I'm using the Aramex shopnship service. there's a one time payment of 45$ and you get addresses in USA,UK & China. I've bought automotive items from all those countries and got down to Sri Lanka without any trouble. usually you get your items to Sri Lanka within a week.

• Like 1

hi guys,

is there anyone you know of that can bring down specific parts from the US if you tell them the exact product?

exg:- im looking for a specific set of 4x4 wheels only available in the US. is there a shop u can point be out to that can have it bought/shipped here if i tell them the specific website from which to order it?

Machang, try http://www.lankandelight.com/. They ship pretty much anything and charge for space.

I'm using the Aramex shopnship service. there's a one time payment of 45$ and you get addresses in USA,UK & China. I've bought automotive items from all those countries and got down to Sri Lanka without any trouble. usually you get your items to Sri Lanka within a week.

Is this cheaper than using USPS? I mean if you compare the shipping costs from US to SL? And what is the average tax rates you have paid for automotive stuff?

Ship it to me and I'll hand it over to my friend who is the local rep for Trico. You'll be responsible for customs and picking it up from paliyagoda. I'll let you know what the shipping was and you can reimburse my mum in SL

Only issue is it's sea, not air, so it takes a while.

Edited by MeanGreenZ28
  • Like 1