• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Digital Milage Meter!

TaSh

Question

there is a fb15 car 1998 YOM wit 96000KM milage! most f fb15 1998 yom cars milage z up to 110000.can anyone change the digital milage meter as his/her choice???? and im seeking a fb15 to buy immidietly I checked a car.t z having 155000 milege! car price is 1.8 MILLION

i want to know your ideas about the milage and price of this car!

14 answers to this question

Of cause ODO meter figures can be changed mate, actually speaking ODO meter reading should be the last thing you should consider when buying a car.. do a search and you will find some past treads related to ODO meter tampering…

• Like 1

since it shows 155000 on the clock i guess it hasnt been tamperd.

before buying the car. go a quick search through its service records and also check for condition of the car.

IMO 1.8 M is too much for a 98 Fb15.

but i guess it will be a bit hard to find another for that price as well

just check other cars first.

there is a fb15 car 1998 YOM wit 96000KM milage! most f fb15 1998 yom cars milage z up to 110000.can anyone change the digital milage meter as his/her choice???? and im seeking a fb15 to buy immidietly I checked a car.t z having 155000 milege! car price is 1.8 MILLION

i want to know your ideas about the milage and price of this car!

'TaSh',

All used car unregistered or registered dealers reset odometers according to their wish to enhance the selling cost to impress buyers they deal only with low odometer cars.This is a common practice in srilanka for more than a decade in digital. Before that cable driven odometers were too adjusted from the time I can remember.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

since it shows 155000 on the clock i guess it hasnt been tamperd.

before buying the car. go a quick search through its service records and also check for condition of the car.

IMO 1.8 M is too much for a 98 Fb15.

but i guess it will be a bit hard to find another for that price as well

just check other cars first.

ya i was checking a FB15 since a month ago for dat price.bt i cudnt find!

:( :(

'TaSh',

All used car unregistered or registered dealers reset odometers according to their wish to enhance the selling cost to impress buyers they deal only with low odometer cars.This is a common practice in srilanka for more than a decade in digital. Before that cable driven odometers were too adjusted from the time I can remember.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

hmmmm thak you silvy!

:)

Having purchased a car just 3 days ago, I would suggest you look at the service history and import documents if available. I was lucky enough to receive a binder with the complete service history up to 4000kms ago, and they all tally with the import documents, so if the odometer was tampered with, it would have happened before it ever reached SL.

TaSh if you forgot about fb15 there are nicer cars for that price range than fb15 this is just my two cents. :)

Edited by nexus
  • Like 2

Trust me it'll be worth the wait. Just don't rush it.

We flipped through classifieds and autolanka listings for 6 months to find a vehicle of our liking. In the end it was worth the wait.

Good things take time mate. The more you rush the higher the chances of ending up with a "Lemon"