• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fastening Of Seat Belts Compulsory From Tomorrow

Sha7

i dunno abt u , whtr u wear em or not , mayb u mus b takin a bus to whr evr u go , reason i raised a question like tat , cos our typical cops they only care abt hw deep they can fill thr pockets .

FYI I always hv the habbit of wearin seat belts whn ever i drive . plus the part i dont get is why u wanna dig into deep mechanism part in seat belts , is it sumthin u fancy " appa loku wedak kiyala if u knw hw to wear a seat belt "

again my mere raised intrest is not to get harrased by these cops when you travel in specialy colombo - negombo roads and specialy in galle road. in short... what i meant was '' sri lankan laws are very very temporary'' simple enuf?

nyways no hard feelings :) n nuthin to fight abt it.

PEACE !!!!

First, learn to write proper English. This aint some sms language area. Keep that shit for the idiots who follow your twitter.

And like I said, law or not, temporary or not, no one cares about the cops pockets, just buckle up or take the bus. You shouldn't need to law to do it. You shouldn't do it coz you think the cops will "harass" you. Just do it. "simple enuf"?

well on my way to work today...i saw a lot of van, canter truck type of truck drivers wearing seat belts. Upto now, i don't think i've ever seen truck drivers wearing seat belts. So i'd say this is a great thing and about bloody time :)

and it's shocking to see naysayers here... i hope the authorities slowly take this to non english plated vehicles as well.

well on my way to work today...i saw a lot of van, canter truck type of truck drivers wearing seat belts. Upto now, i don't think i've ever seen truck drivers wearing seat belts. So i'd say this is a great thing and about bloody time :)

and it's shocking to see naysayers here... i hope the authorities slowly take this to non english plated vehicles as well.

You know the classics issue. Also, how the heck do you fit it a belt in a J44?

• Like 1

First, learn to write proper English. This aint some sms language area. Keep that shit for the idiots who follow your twitter.

And like I said, law or not, temporary or not, no one cares about the cops pockets, just buckle up or take the bus. You shouldn't need to law to do it. You shouldn't do it coz you think the cops will "harass" you. Just do it. "simple enuf"?

Here MR, whoever you are , you dont have to give me the lecture in how to write english . firstly you too check your own messy sms typos in you own conversation , after all remember you are in sri lanka , you dont have to give ass to english, if you know english you keep it your self, no need to boast about your own tail.

truly i dont know what is your problem exactly is, if i wanna take a bus i will take a bus, you really dont have to worry about my mode of transport.

btw mr Perfect , dont b such a pompous douchebag

Here MR, whoever you are , you dont have to give me the lecture in how to write english . firstly you too check your own messy sms typos in you own conversation , after all remember you are in sri lanka , you dont have to give ass to english, if you know english you keep it your self, no need to boast about your own tail.

truly i dont know what is your problem exactly is, if i wanna take a bus i will take a bus, you really dont have to worry about my mode of transport.

Who am I? I'm the moderator, kid. So can the attitude, and do as I say. Learn the rules of forum use, or depart.

Dude.. Having grammatical errors is totally different to use of SMS language in a web forum. Doing grammar mistakes in not some thing we should be shamed of as English is not our mother tongue. However using SMS language in a public forum shows your lack of common sense and how ignorant you are.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I dont see why this topic is even needed or even a damn rule is needed, for God sakes they are trying to ensure safety of the general public.

Just wear the damn seat belt irregardless of if you have a English numbered car or not :angry-smiley-024:

I don’t think safety of the general public is the case here. Government just wants more money from car owners. If that the case they should fine motor bicycles owners who take about 4 people at once. Generally I see this a lot when coming to work.

Son, stop being a j***a$$... No one here is gonna applaud your attitude so pipe down.

I don’t think safety of the general public is the case here. Government just wants more money from car owners. If that the case they should fine motor bicycles owners who take about 4 people at once. Generally I see this a lot when coming to work.

Like i said seat belts are there for a reason, what the government is doing is irrelevant.

Just wear the damn seat belt <_<

FYI out of all admitted to the I.C.U in hospitals the highest number is from road accidents, and when smart asses dont wear seat belts and crash the government has to pay for their stupidity. This is an attempt to reduce the road accident and casualties not to rip us off, if they wanted to rip us off trust me they have a billion other better ways to do it.

Edited by The Stig

You know the classics issue. Also, how the heck do you fit it a belt in a J44?

fair enough! maybe if a cop pulls you over for a routine check or some other offence...if you're not wearing belts on a belt equipped vehicle...irespective of the plate they should be able to fine you.

There are millions of non-english plate vehicles in the country that are equipped with seat belts.

• Like 2

I see a lot of cops along the way to Colombo from Katunayake, yet to see anyone being stopped for not belting up. They must be making use of the 'Grace Period'.

Are they given spot fines or do people need to go to courts? I am hoping the latter, then hopefully it would get through their thick skulls. But if doesn't then less morons on the road after their license is revoked :action-smiley-060:

fair enough! maybe if a cop pulls you over for a routine check or some other offence...if you're not wearing belts on a belt equipped vehicle...irespective of the plate they should be able to fine you.

There are millions of non-english plate vehicles in the country that are equipped with seat belts.

Agreed.

+1

The law should be rewritten so that any car with seat belts can be fined, irregardless of the number plate. I doubt if our guys will go to the extent of removing the seat belt just to save their asses from the cops.

+1 all persons using a vehicle equipped with a seat belt must use those.

I think their could be a legal aspect for not having for all cars. They did try to bring it for all vehicles. Suddenly they stop it.

Not sure.

Like i said seat belts are there for a reason, what the government is doing is irrelevant.

Just wear the damn seat belt <_<

FYI out of all admitted to the I.C.U in hospitals the highest number is from road accidents, and when smart asses dont wear seat belts and crash the government has to pay for their stupidity. This is an attempt to reduce the road accident and casualties not to rip us off, if they wanted to rip us off trust me they have a billion other better ways to do it.

I’m not disputing the seat belt issue. What I’m saying government is doing this for money. Not because they care about its citizen.

I’m not disputing the seat belt issue. What I’m saying government is doing this for money. Not because they care about its citizen.

And at some point there will be no one left who hasn't learned his lesson and everyone will buckle up, then how will the government generate revenue ?

If they wanted to generate revenue they could have done simpler things like increase the tax on cars or even increase the petrol prices. Even a 1Rs increase in petrol will generate more revenue than this, simple logic :rolleyes:

Yes this is a government tactic but no its not to generate revenue but to save the money that's being wasted on public health due to accidents.

And at some point there will be no one left who hasn't learned his lesson and everyone will buckle up, then how will the government generate revenue ?

presumably this will be occurring sometime after everybody learns a lesson re. overtaking on single/double lines, speeding, drunk driving, etc (given that those laws have been around longer) :action-smiley-060:

If they wanted to generate revenue they could have done simpler things like increase the tax on cars or even increase the petrol prices. Even a 1Rs increase in petrol will generate more revenue than this, simple logic :rolleyes:

but generating revenue by raising prices / taxes makes governments less popular, because everyone has to pay the higher rates :)

but generating revenue by raising prices / taxes makes governments less popular, because everyone has to pay the higher rates :)

Yes machan but a 1Rs increase in fuel wont feel like much, im saying if the government increased the fuel price by 1Rs it would generate more revenue in one day than the revenue generated from seat-belt law violators in an entire lifetime.

Dont get me wrong im not pro government or anything, im just trying to prove a point to some idiots who are making a huge fuss about a law that was implemented for their own safety :)