• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shop For Tool Kits

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello Friends,

I was looking for a toolkit at panchikawaththa last week and I got stuck with many of those available at the market. I wanted to buy a good toolkit which can be used for general purpose (which I use it for a 4DR5 J44 Jeep) but ended up visiting few shops without buying anything. I went to ACP**ls and they had separate tools but not as single kits. Its always good to spend little extra (not too much :)) and get something better that is durable and can be used some time long. So I hope any of you have bought a general purpose good quality toolkit from somewhere around panchikawattha. Please post good shops and the brands if there are any. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

You might be better off buying some chinese crap from here. The head of the ratchet in those sets would break after a month or so. Sockets seem to strip pretty easily. Actually you can find the same set (in a different name) for less than 20 bucks at walmart.

i bought a second set of sockets a couple of months back for 5k from the hardware shop near my home. chinese stuff i think but surprisingly of pretty good quality.

so far the ratchet and the sockets have held up the abuse :D I'm more worried of breaking the bolts off than breaking the tools!

As for keeping things organized...arpico supermarkets have that red color tool chest things :)

i keep some of my stuff in that....sockets and wrench sets have their own storage.

Although there are awesome deals sometime on ebay, not many are willing to ship to SL...and even after if you coax the odd seller...due to the weight of items shipping rates are quite high. Unless you find a way to crate it down here vis sea shipping

Hey guys so since we are on the topic what do you think of these 1 2 ?

I wont be doing much heavy duty stuff anyways and most probably will only change a couple of bolts and remove the spark plugs once in a while. Most of these tools i do have at home but its nice to have them all in a nice case instead of carrying them on bag like a plumber.

Also any idea how much it will cost me to get them shipped to a friend in US and get it shipped here ?

Did you notice that the hinges on the box in the 2nd link is already broken during shipping (as per the description) and so are the locks.

So so you STILL wanna go for it?

Did you notice that the hinges on the box in the 2nd link is already broken during shipping (as per the description) and so are the locks.

So so you STILL wanna go for it?

Yeah i noticed that, actually i posted the wrong link my bad. The same set is sold by a different vendor at 65$ i think. The whole point was the cheapness, but thy dont ship to SL cause of some U.S policy ( i contacted the vendor).

Anyway im not in a rush so ill wait a bit till a good set pops up.

Yeah i noticed that, actually i posted the wrong link my bad. The same set is sold by a different vendor at 65$ i think. The whole point was the cheapness, but thy dont ship to SL cause of some U.S policy ( i contacted the vendor).

Hi Stig. Its great that we could share so much information on this post and we expect more. But do you think that buying a toolkit from ebay is a good idea instead of visiting the seller in locally and see the item physically? I normally buy electronic related stuff from ebay & haven't bought this kind of item ever. So I am bit not ok with it. Anyway you may have some experience on that. So what is your and all others idea about that? Thanks.

Considering the weight, its hard to imagine shipping from anywhere overseas to be cheap either. And you dont want to get a damaged item and then have to spend again on return-posting it to the seller.

Also places like Hunters have clearance sales every now and again, so you might get a good deal on some branded stuff there too.