• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Buy For 3 - 3.5 Milion

Messi

Well i m new here. I m hoping to buy a car and my budget is around 3-3.5 million. Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market must be a major concern. Could you suggest the best buy for me? Prius, Corolla 121 ?? <_<

Well i m new here. I m hoping to buy a car and my budget is around 3-3.5 million. Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market must be a major concern. Could you suggest the best buy for me? Prius, Corolla 121 ?? <_<

Well if those are your priorities there really is only one answer: Corolla 121 all the way!

Find a late reg car with full service history and you're good to go. A Manual gearbox will give you the ultimate economy naturally but they are usually mostly available with the sparsely equipped, 1.3 Liter brand new versions, although you MAY be able to pick up a 1.5L brand new with the Manual box if you search.

If you want something bigger and comfier the NZT240 Allion and Premio can also easily be found in that budget. They too do 10-11 KM/l in the city (Reportedly)

• Like 1

You could for a corolla 121G, and also Corolla luxel(122,1.8), Highest grade, is also available within your budget.

• Like 1

true! i really dont understand why people choose the Prius over the civic :unsure:

yeap, prius is not the only hybrid.

a small fact(that i heard) : if something happens to the electric motor of the priass, you cannot start it. But the insight and the civic can be started by its petrol engine.

true! i really dont understand why people choose the Prius over the civic :unsure:

I might not be a hybrid fan boy or an expert but even i understand that's a dumb question.

The civic is a mild hybrid and the prius is a full hybrid which gives much better fuel figures i.e is the main point of buying a hybrid in the first place. Other than a honda fanboy who is dead set on getting a civic irregardless of whether its a conventional or hybrid model will not go for the civic over the prius.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

If the Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market are the major concerns, go for a Toyota 121G , Luxel (122) or for an Allion 240.

Although the Toyota Luxel(122) has a 1.8 engine (you feel a great difference when driving the car), it does fuel well(10-11 in city and 15-16 outside) and is the highest grade that comes in the Corolla series.

Toyota Belta 1.3cc will also be another option, but it goes in a different flavour comparing with the above cars smile.gif

Edited by SLA

You can buy a yaris with in that budjet.MOY-2008,30000km done one.normaly yaris are brandnew ones & most of them has been imported by permit holders.2008 ones can be tranfered now.It is very economical car.over 16.8km per liter in outstains & 14+ in city limits.1300cc engine.

Most of 121 are done over 60000km & below 2005 MOF.so think about that fact!!!!!

You can buy a yaris with in that budjet.MOY-2008,30000km done one.normaly yaris are brandnew ones & most of them has been imported by permit holders.2008 ones can be tranfered now.It is very economical car.maual is doing over 16.8km per liter in outstains & 14.5 in city limits.1300cc engine.

Most of 121 are done over 60000km & below 2005 MOF.so think about that fact!!!!!

Well i m new here. I m hoping to buy a car and my budget is around 3-3.5 million. Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market must be a major concern. Could you suggest the best buy for me? Prius, Corolla 121 ?? dry.gif

well for a family use best option is to go for a corolla 121 or yaris/vios. these cars in very good in fuel consumption if you got a manual one.

also Vits RS also thre but i dont no much about the fuel consumption on it. if you planned to go for a Hybrid. better to go for a honda insight.

its in the top of this level.

good luck friend .....

How about Corolla 141, you could get a excellent company maintained 2007/2008 for around 3.5 M.

Fuel will be 8-9 Colombo 12-15 Outstation (personal experiance) a bit light footer might be able to get bit more.

There are cars which have done around 30-50K, however most of them are with the car dealers so you have to be careful about the history.

If you can find one still with the fist owner with full service history this is nice A-B ride.

Upto date I have not reard of any reliability issues with 141, and I konow of few which has clocked over 100k (correct me if I'm wrong)

121 and the Allion 240 are excellent cars however they are aging around 8 years and that is the time generally they start giving trouble. (Electric/ Suspension/ Transmission/ Cooling) besides you will not know the milage it could be 60K, 160K, 260K, 360K cause they were very popular rent a car models.

• Like 2

Thank you all very much I really appreciate.

I see Allion 240 and Corolla 121 are good options.

And i just saw about Axio X grade 2007 in another thread.

How about Axio X grade 2007 in terms of Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market? Can i get it between 3-3.5 mil?

Edited by Messi

Hi Brother,

If you want driving pleasure & stylish go for Mazda Axela even if you compare with Axio or other competence you will have only 1 or 2 km less in fuel efficiency.

My one, I bought on last year it is doing around 10kmpl colombo running office hours,

Outstations (Colombo - Trincomale) it is doing around 14kmpl.

Thank you all very much I really appreciate.

I see Allion 240 and Corolla 121 are good options.

And i just saw about Axio X grade 2007 in another thread.

How about Axio X grade 2007 in terms of Fuel efficiency and good secondhand market? Can i get it between 3-3.5 mil?

It's better to go for the brand new bought(2008) 141 rather than the axio x

because the brand new one has more space,(as much as the allion),

has an rpm meter

and will be more reliable because of the japan tsunami problem, odometer problems ect....

and rather than a basic belta 1.0L could go for a brand new bought(2008) yaris as it's 1.3L and has a rpm.and the millage is un reliable.

Don't go for the 121 allion cause they are too old

and if u'r going for an old car there is always great 2000-2001 TDi diesel A4s Passats at your reach they are great comfortable and economicals cars now at your reach

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 1

It's better to go for the brand new bought(2008) 141 rather than the axio x

because the brand new one has more space,(as much as the allion),

has an rpm meter

and will be more reliable because of the japan tsunami problem, odometer problems ect....

and rather than a basic belta 1.0L could go for a brand new bought(2008) yaris as it's 1.3L and has a rpm.and the millage is un reliable.

Don't go for the 121 allion cause they are too old

and if u'r going for an old car there is always great 2000-2001 TDi diesel A4s Passats at your reach they are great comfortable and economicals cars now at your reach

Brand new 141 is said to be under powered (at least to some people). That 1.6L motor doesn't seem to have enough guts to pull the heavy car. And the rpm meter won't be much of a use unless its a manual transmission.

Very simple...ask Prius owners few basic automobile questions..including hybrid technology, test their knowledge..you can find the answersmile.gif

MINIACE

Yeah ask them stuff like if the Prius comes with alloys or hubcaps, he would be surprised about the knowledge of Prius owners :lol:

• Like 1

Brand new 141 is said to be under powered (at least to some people). That 1.6L motor doesn't seem to have enough guts to pull the heavy car. And the rpm meter won't be much of a use unless its a manual transmission.

The 1.6 brand new one comes with a 110hp (3ZZ-FE)

and the axio,allion 1NZ-FE with 107hp 1.5L

so it is more powerful than the 141 and weighs less than the allion so should have better pickup.

The fuel economy as i experienced is the same with the allion(premio NZT 260) only better.

BTW he could go for a tida great looking car but no experience on it.

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 1

so it is more powerful than the 141 and weighs less than the allion so should have better pickup.

The fuel economy as i experienced is the same with the allion(premio NZT 260) only better.

Off wiki:

Corolla 141 brand new import (3ZZ-FE)

109 hp (81 kW) @ 6000 rpm. Max. torque is 110 lb/ft. of torque (150 Nm) @ 3800 rpm.

Weight: 1255-1300kg and It has a normal automatic trans rather than CVT.

Corolla axio (japanese domestic) (1NZ-FE)

80 kW (107 hp) at 6000 rpm with 141 Nm (103 ft·lbf) of torque at 4200 rpm.

Weight : 1140-1150kg and it comes with CVT

SEE?

As far as I heard Axio is a far better car than brand new 141 in fuel consumption.

http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/possible-causes-why-the-sri-lankan-corolla-141-is-not-fuel-efficient-axio-excempted/

This is the first time I heard someone saying Tiida is great looking :D