• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transferring A Permit Vehicle???

Sha7

unless you are from a different province there is no need to change the plates, when transferring the car

Went to RMV. I have to get new plates :(

I was under the impression you cannot transfer a permit vehicle for several years? Someone please clarify?

You can transfer a permit car after 3 years of first registartion

Guys I just transferred my new car :)

For your information...

If your buying a permit vehicle remember to get a letter from the previous owner stating that he sold the car to you and he has no problem with removing the CONDITIONS stated in Certification of Registration.

also u have to get a photocopy of the previous owners national ID card.

These 2 additional documents will be needed to transfer a permit vehicle.

Guys I just transferred my new car :)

For your information...

If your buying a permit vehicle remember to get a letter from the previous owner stating that he sold the car to you and he has no problem with removing the CONDITIONS stated in Certification of Registration.

also u have to get a photocopy of the previous owners national ID card.

These 2 additional documents will be needed to transfer a permit vehicle.

You mean transferring the vehicle immediately or after 3 years. Also I have one more question, say I bought a permit and importing a car in this case; can I do the registration with my name rather-than permit owner?

Edited by mazda axela

what are the conditions?

In a Certification of Registration of a permit vehicle there is a condition written telling "Vehicle cannot be transferred for several years bla.. bla.."

You mean transferring the vehicle immediately or after 3 years. Also I have one more question, say I bought a permit and importing a car in this case; can I do the registration with my name rather-than permit owner?

Nah, I don't think that's possible. U'll have to wait 3 years to transfer that to your name.

Can it be done immediately or only after 3 years? Also, is that red dash under the D/P in the number plate indicating permit or is this no longer issued?

1. After 3 years only

2. Red dash boards are issued for permit cars. But once the car is sold to another person they are issuing new plates with black dash.

In a Certification of Registration of a permit vehicle there is a condition written telling "Vehicle cannot be transferred for several years bla.. bla.."

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but those conditions aren't laid out by the owner. Its the customs/rmv who does that; So a letter from the owner saying he's removing the condition wouldnt mean sh!t. It's like me getting a bank loan and writing myself a letter saying 'I hereby remove myself from repaying the loan'.

Even in a situation where the 3 years of ownership is completed by the permit holder, I dont see why a letter would be needed int e 1st place.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but those conditions aren't laid out by the owner. Its the customs/rmv who does that; So a letter from the owner saying he's removing the condition wouldnt mean sh!t. It's like me getting a bank loan and writing myself a letter saying 'I hereby remove myself from repaying the loan'.

Even in a situation where the 3 years of ownership is completed by the permit holder, I dont see why a letter would be needed int e 1st place.

Yah 100% correct..

Another useless process to waste time of people...

Nah, I don't think that's possible. U'll have to wait 3 years to transfer that to your name.

1. After 3 years only

2. Red dash boards are issued for permit cars. But once the car is sold to another person they are issuing new plates with black dash.

I know of a guy who has a permit vehicle, brought down on someone else's permit. Vehicle is in his (current owner's) name. Black dash. How is this possible? Can he purchase the permit off that guy?

• 7 months later...

Guys, is it true a permit vehicle can be transferred "3 months" prior to completing the mentioned ownership years?

Called up a particular gentleman who was selling a permit vehicle and he mentioned the above. Was wondering if there is any truth to this.

Guys, is it true a permit vehicle can be transferred "3 months" prior to completing the mentioned ownership years?

Called up a particular gentleman who was selling a permit vehicle and he mentioned the above. Was wondering if there is any truth to this.

The nice gentleman says u can transfer the vehicle in 2 years and 9 months (three months prior to completing ownership years)

The Certificate of registration, in its computer printed letters says "Ownership cannot be transferred for 3 years from the date of first registration".

Now which one would you believe?

1. After 3 years only

Now you dont get that red color P/D right?

Hi all,

now there is no red dash on the plates for permit vehicle.there are hundreds of permit vehicles been sold so far without any problem even before the 3 years period.Mainly they give a poer of attorney to the new owner,then he has no problem can change the name byhimself after 3 years.

Even most of our law makers have sold their permit vehicle like this.