• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Help On Painting :-(

osanda19

Question

i have a ce110 2000 brand new car with metallic pearl paint with its original paint.but unfortunately i have got a scratch on the top of the roof(its like straight line.. 2 inch long,2mm width) :-(so i show this to a painter & he said that i have to paint whole of the roof.because of metallic paint .is that true?is there no any touch-up methods for this kind of paint?

pls guys help me..

13 answers to this question

osanda 19,

The painter may be correct, I can give you a contact number if you want he will come home and do your paint job with his equipment.

Sarath / contact number mobile 0719297574. Contact him and find out all details.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

@MKX

yep i think so.i dont like to paint whole roof...your correct.its better to leave it as it than painting the whole roof.:-( bt now i hate metallic paints because of this prob.no way to touch-up a small scratch

that's not entirely accurate mate. I had a metallic silver car sometime ago and have done a few touch ups. If you have coded paint color, it's just a matter of using the same code to paint it over. Only hitch is if you have custom colors or the pain has faded then getting an accurate match completely depends on the skill of the paint mixer

• Like 1

@Ripper- where did u done ur touch ups?

kleenpark! recently a friend did some paintwork at autoforce and they too matched colors perfectly. but in both cases, the colors were not faded on cars and it was a stock color coded color.

• Like 1

If the scratch has not gone down to the metal work or the primer layer you might be able to either use fine water sand paper or compound (please get this done by a professional as the effects can be disastrous if you get it wrong) and rub down the scratch as much as possible and then apply a layer of clear laquer which might give you a good enough finish. All depends on how deep the scratch is.

• Like 1