• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

English Numbers For Old Vehicles

Uditha88

apparently from what i heard was that this is offered to allow older cars to travel on the southern expressway.. as only english numbers are allowed to...

i dont know how far its true.. correct me if im wrong..

CE to EN allowed in that case MINIACE

• Like 1

apparently from what i heard was that this is offered to allow older cars to travel on the southern expressway.. as only english numbers are allowed to...

WTF ! ! ! ! you got to be kidding me :angry-smiley-005:

• 2 weeks later...

YES, RMV is issuing new numbers from EA series for registered numbers between 18 to 302 series, case by case, regardless of the old number.

(let,s say EA-0001 assigned for 301 number, then EA-0002 can obtain even 19 or 18 car. So just looking at the Number we can’t determine whether it’s a new or old one.) :speechless-smiley-004:

Only reference is the vehicle’s book. (They include the old number within that)

i heard the same thing. because if the condition of the vehicle is good,there will be no problem if a 18,19 & 300,301 car goes in 100kmph on expressway :)

and also heard that there will be an inspection of the vehicle prior to the number change.

I got the point,  but remember Old Format doesn't has a dash (-)  between English letters and the 4digit number and also there's a special registration category defined in RMV for those numbers.

So I don't think there's any requirement for skip those  EL, EN.

Further if those Old English number fellows want New English number, they can take one from AA series.

Further if those Old English number fellows want New English number, they can take one from AA series.

No it is not mate.I checked with RMV regarding the same. No directive received on this they mentioned.only 18- onwards vehicles are entertained after thorough screening as of now.

MINIACE

Ya U R right dude, @ d moment they do not  issue AA series, but gradually they start those series as well.

clue: they'll start for Vans within next 2 months.

;) 

The way things are going, That will take ages dude. They are seriously struggling with 18- onwards thing.

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here who have already changed it? Coz I sent my 301 car to Rmv with my secretary and he came back saying that Rmv is awaiting on cabinet approval and they have still not started issuing English number plates..

Could some1 help me out here on AL??

You are right. RMV is struggling with that scheme and not issuing.

MINIACE