• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sound From Ac Compressor

kumaras

Hi all,

I am experiencing some creasing sound when AC compressor is on in my car(charade/1997 ).When Checked by AC technician,who advised to replace the compressor which costs me around 7-8 K and it can not be repaired as per him??? Pls share your advises on this as I want to fix the issue at lowest cost ! Is there any place to repair this ?

Thanks in advance

I had this issue recently. when ac on, it feels like some one pulling the car from back. :D. Then ac guy took out it and checked, when it is roatating by hand, it was not smoothly runs. So he said I have to replace it. then I replaced with reconditioned one cost me 9500. And I replaced the small condenser with the big one. (Hope this is done in most of ek3s). Total cost was 29000. :(

But now ac works perfectly.

Does the creaking stop when you rev the engine?

I have this issue, the compressor doesn't work when its idle and makes an unbearable noise which inclines with the revs.

What the heck does it mean ? im about to replace my compressor, the a/c guy said its due to not using the a/c often (The issue is with the beemer, we rarely run it now)