• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Non-Vtec Or Vtec?

Altair

Is there any difference between vtec fuel consumption and non-vtec fuel consumption? If so which does better?

I would also appreciate if anybody can tell me which is better?

main differences in the price range and vehicle differences etc. would help me a lot.

My budget is 1.5m

P.S. I was going for a Lancer CK2 but after i test drove a civic ek3 i just fell in love with it!:D

Thanks

there is a difference between fuel consumption but not by much the vtec do better on fuel

vtec is better it have more power and more acceleration

take a look at the AL classifieds you can take a idea of price range here is the link http://www.autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=10&search=civic+ek3

i don't think finding ek3 vtec for 1.5mill is very easy job but if you add another 100k or 200k it's possible.

good luck dude.

Edited by nexus

Thanks a lot man!

Since this is my first Honda, I've got loads of questions about fuel and performance!:)

Do you by any chance know the fuel range for both types? for vtec and non-vtec?

Moreover, I've heard that there is the 3 stage vtec which does better on fuel; do you know if it's true? If so what do you think the range is?

Problem is I can't afford to put in even 5k more. Well, in that case I guess it's better for me to wait a week or so because they have increased the price of fuel and I'm guessing the vehicle prices might go down. Besides the budget's almost there so that could have an effect too.

P.S. I actually thought i could get an ek3 vtec for around 14/50 and reserve the balance 50k to spend on the vehicle because 99% of the time you've got to do repairs right after buying. :/

vtec manual gear vi one do 10-11 in city and 14+ in outstatins

yes 3 stage vtec one do better on fuel above i have given the fuel figures of 3 stage vtec one

i don't know what will happen to car prices after fuel price increase and budget but very recently all most all of vtec ek3's goes 1.5mill+

EK3 non v-tec does 10 km /Lt in modarate traffic in the city. I am little hard on the paddle but my one never did less than 10 km/Lt, I have closely monitored everytime when tank was being topped up.

When I go to Kandy once in a month It had done only 11km/Lt but Dambulla road once it did 14 km/Lt.

EK3 non v-tec does 10 km /Lt in modarate traffic in the city. I am little hard on the paddle but my one never did less than 10 km/Lt, I have closely monitored everytime when tank was being topped up.

When I go to Kandy once in a month It had done only 11km/Lt but Dambulla road once it did 14 km/Lt.

Same figures for my one.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, how much does the starter motor for an ek3 1996 model cost? and if anyone knows any shops within city limits where i can get good spares for ek3, please let me know. AL seems to have a lot of Honda lovers so I'm pretty sure most of you have your favorite spots, so it'll be much appreciated if you guys could lemme know!

Thanks

Guys, how much does the starter motor for an ek3 1996 model cost? and if anyone knows any shops within city limits where i can get good spares for ek3, please let me know. AL seems to have a lot of Honda lovers so I'm pretty sure most of you have your favorite spots, so it'll be much appreciated if you guys could lemme know!

Thanks

last time i checked it's around 5k in kandy

btw what is wrong with starter motor may be it need to replace brush plates before changing check that out to.

last time i checked it's around 5k in kandy

btw what is wrong with starter motor may be it need to replace brush plates before changing check that out to.

well, the prob is in a car that i just saw. Thats what the owner said, so im not sure what the prob is. BTW is it ok to use already used starter motor? coz 5k means it has to be used right?(im not sure of the prices of honda parts so im just guessing...therfore if anyone could lemme know abt if the spares are expensive compared to other japanese parts it would be nice)...also like i asked before is there any good shops around colombo which deals with civic parts??

guys this is an out of topic...coz its related to Ek3...how is ur guys ek3 runs with five people (avg wight 60-65)...mine is scraping ...my previous car was a marino..looks like a very low profile car...but it never scraped with 5 people and pull the load better than ek3..what u guys think..is this is a common prob in ek3 or am i only having it??

well, the prob is in a car that i just saw. Thats what the owner said, so im not sure what the prob is. BTW is it ok to use already used starter motor? coz 5k means it has to be used right?(im not sure of the prices of honda parts so im just guessing...therfore if anyone could lemme know abt if the spares are expensive compared to other japanese parts it would be nice)...also like i asked before is there any good shops around colombo which deals with civic parts??

yes they are recondition(used)ones and no honda spare parts ain't expensive compare to others jap brands

for good spare parts shops try

tech motors panchikawatte-0112441419 0112430837

access motors panchikawatta-0714019925

guys this is an out of topic...coz its related to Ek3...how is ur guys ek3 runs with five people (avg wight 60-65)...mine is scraping ...my previous car was a marino..looks like a very low profile car...but it never scraped with 5 people and pull the load better than ek3..what u guys think..is this is a common prob in ek3 or am i only having it??

my one don't have the problem you speak of it's a vi-rs so it have a bodykit to and i have travel on bad road with potholes but my car never have the scraping problem maybe your suspensions are worn out.

your are right about pulling power compared to other cars i have drive my civic have a low pulling power with when 4 or more people are in the car and when going on uphill's it's have a low pulling power than others.

Yes, had the same problem in my 96 EK3, but its not all the time you travel with 5 people.

Also on the topic of repairs and spare parts, I had the EK3 for 3 years and did not have a single mechanical problem, except for the ac. So even if the spares were expensive it did not matter much. So whats important is getting a well maintained vehicle.

Also try to find a manual if your concern is on fuel economy, more than V-tec or Non V-tec. A manual V-tec would be the best.

Yup, rear springs loose stiffness overtime..

does the auto ek3 have any problems??because i've read somewhere in AL that the auto version or multimatic has some problem i guess. So if there are any auto ek3 owners please let me know if its good!

guys how much fuel does an auto ek3 do? and what would the price range be for a 1997 b/n ek3, 110000 on the odo meter, 3 owners and auto??

thanks

P.S. I know i've said that auto is just not my thing but im in need of a car really fast and i love the ek3 so i figured what the hell let's just check this vehicle out too!:D And the manuals ive checked till now have had either vehicle problems or paperwork probs (which would turn out to be a huge hassle if it isn't right).

does the auto ek3 have any problems??because i've read somewhere in AL that the auto version or multimatic has some problem i guess. So if there are any auto ek3 owners please let me know if its good!

guys how much fuel does an auto ek3 do? and what would the price range be for a 1997 b/n ek3, 110000 on the odo meter, 3 owners and auto??

thanks

P.S. I know i've said that auto is just not my thing but im in need of a car really fast and i love the ek3 so i figured what the hell let's just check this vehicle out too!:D And the manuals ive checked till now have had either vehicle problems or paperwork probs (which would turn out to be a huge hassle if it isn't right).