• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride

Z.u.L

At around 184ps (according to wiki) the 520d is nowhere near as powerful as the crown isn't it? Does it make up for it in terms of drive and steering feel? I always wanted to compare the 520d to the popular smaller brother in terms of driving feel but haven’t driven a 520d yet. Have you driven a F30 320d as well and if so your thoughts on it?

• Like 1

Congrats on your new ride

and thanks for the brutal honesty about the Crown Hybrid's fuel consumption

I've heard a couple of folks bragging that their Crown Hybrid does like 10-12.

Anyway that's the car I was contemplating to buy for some time (before I got the Focus) but the sheer cost kept me away. Also there's not much info about Crown Hybrid in the forum. Could you please give some pros, cons, maintenance issues etc. of the car?

The car is very comfortable. Very powerful, almost 300+ bhp. Radar guided cruise control. Collision warning and automatic braking. Night vision camera. Memory seats with seat heaters and coolers. Suction doors. Rwd. These are some of the pros. (Those options normally come in a merc s class if I'm not mistaken. in this case in a 2008 model and a car worth around the 7million. That's y I put them as pros)

Cons would be, for some reason the tyres in the crown get wasted really quickly. It's not a problem with the tyre brand. Cuz I've used Dunlop and birdgestone. Maximu it can service is 15,000km. I had to change the tyre 3 times. Even though a toyota, a service use to cost at a range of 30k at the agent. Even out side it was similar when I checked. It's very hard for 3 people to fit in the back. The handling is too soft. For a large car u only get a very small boot as the battery takes half the boot to fit.

Those are some of the points I can think right now.

Z.u.L, congrats on your new ride.

Looks like u'll upgrade to drilled discs like in your prof pic.

Keep us posted on your car. Is it with 19" rims?

No it's with the usual 17" wheels. Right now Il just use these wheels. Will consider 19" later may be, not now. He he.
At around 184ps (according to wiki) the 520d is nowhere near as powerful as the crown isn't it? Does it make up for it in terms of drive and steering feel? I always wanted to compare the 520d to the popular smaller brother in terms of driving feel but havent driven a 520d yet. Have you driven a F30 320d as well and if so your thoughts on it?
I love the way the Beemer handles. The crown was too soft when it comes to handling. Definitely I can't compare the power of this and the crown. This does have a good acceleration for a diesel. But it takes time to get to speed.

Sorry, haven't driven a 320d. Reason is, Never could fit into it. Lol.

I love the way the Beemer handles. The crown was too soft when it comes to handling. Definitely I can't compare the power of this and the crown. This does have a good acceleration for a diesel. But it takes time to get to speed.

Sorry, haven't driven a 320d. Reason is, Never could fit into it. Lol.

ah ok, fair enough. :D

Awesome, Huge Bimmer fan here.

coz power aside i know the bimmers main point is its handling, just how it drives

although the F10 is bit of like a downgrade compared to the crown you had

How is it as a daily driver compared to the crown? as in you regret it or happy about it?

Awesome, Huge Bimmer fan here.

coz power aside i know the bimmers main point is its handling, just how it drives

although the F10 is bit of like a downgrade compared to the crown you had

How is it as a daily driver compared to the crown? as in you regret it or happy about it?

Well seats aside, I don't see any difference between the Beemer and the crown when I'm using it daily. Sometimes the crown feels alittle bit fragile, like at certain roads, it feels like the wheels might fall off any moment,lol. Never had that feeling with the Beemer though.

Out of the subject, I just hate the combination of new car and ruts in the road! Some times even the most perfect road has a rut somewhere!!

Well seats aside, I don't see any difference between the Beemer and the crown when I'm using it daily. Sometimes the crown feels alittle bit fragile, like at certain roads, it feels like the wheels might fall off any moment,lol. Never had that feeling with the Beemer though. Out of the subject, I just hate the combination of new car and ruts in the road! Some times even the most perfect road has a rut somewhere!!

Well thats nice to hear. Gotta love the germans :D