• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb15 Super Saloon - Attacked By Rats

iPrabhath

Hello friends

After servicing my car on last Sunday, A/C blower fan (close to cubbyhole) made a rattling noise. After some inspection I found few baby rats on the blower fan. They had used the air cleaner as their bed and bought some paper from outside for more comfort. :violent-smiley-009:

Anyhow after removing them, everything worked fine. But from today morning there is a problem again.

When I turn on the car (move key from acc to on position ) a bad sound comes from engine compartment. Please help me to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

IPrabath, if you read your own post you will realise why there hasn't been many response. A bad noise can be a million and a half other things and without listening to it, its a little difficult to help you in any meaningful way. Usually the best idea is not to try to start the car, but get a mechanic to come and investigate the problem straight away. It could be something simple like a slipping belt etc but could also be more serious so the less things you do the better, just in case!

• Like 2

Rats battling for their squatter's rights! More info Prabath!

Thanks for the replies

Let me clarify my situation little better.

Before this problem,

When I turn on (not start but turn it on) the car I could hear sound of an opening some thing by a motor.(similar sound from power mirrors)

When I turn the car off, same sound is coming which assumed to be closing something by a motor.

After the attack , A "kata kata sound" is coming associated with the sounds I mentioned above.

I want to locate the place where that opening/closing occur so that I can find some solution.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies

Let me clarify my situation little better.

Before this problem,

When I turn on (not start but turn it on) the car I could hear sound of an opening some thing by a motor.(similar sound from power mirrors)

When I turn the car off, same sound is coming which assumed to be closing something by a motor.

After the attack , A "kata kata sound" is coming associated with the sounds I mentioned above.

I want to locate the place where that opening/closing occur so that I can find some solution.

Thanks

Does the car still run? The noise you hear when you move the key to the on position is the electronic fuel pump starting.

Yes it is running.

Could this be coming from the blower if you have the AC on? Often rats take pieces of paper up the ventilation tunnels and they often end up in the blower chamber. My suggestion is get it checked out professionally! No point doing DIY or posting on this forum since the symptoms are too obscure to guess the problem.