• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift Zc71S

Devapriya Bandara

PET*CO Lanka has a small unit there can insert in to your existing system and then you can get the higher frequencies. But since your dial will only show up to 90, they will give you a separate chart to cross refer whats indicated on your dial to whats actually playing.

Its quite cheap and I had one installed but its a bit of a pain since the reception was not very clear so I scraped the whole thing and upgraded the entire unit.

If you are not going for a different audio system due to cosmetic issues (you like to keep your original factory fitted unit), then I suggest you could always look for same unit with international band receiver. You probably could exchange your old unit with the vendors as well.

• Like 1

Yes, the gadget which increases the tuning range will not be very successful. besides it will be a real pain to tune to a known frequency cross referencing a chart. I'll ask around and let you know. I guess Thilanga knows a place which you can exchange the existing sound system.

Hi Friends,

Good day for all of you. I recently bought a suzuki swift ZC71S model. It has factory fitted CD receiver unit. But this CD receiver only tunes between FM 87-90 frequency. Does anyone has idea a way to convert this to support FM 87-108 frequency range.

Thanks in advance.

Bandara

Bandara,

I have done this conversion for number of years it is not good as a factory made system.

As other member had mentioned you try to exchange with a vender for a Newer version of FM receiver.

Or go in for a new set from Pet#o La#ka which will be 10000.00 Rupees with remote and CD player.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Bandara,

I have done this conversion for number of years it is not good as a factory made system.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I disagree here. I used one and had no complaints.Cost me Rs 300 only.Bought the converter from Jayanthi Radio Negombo.All the rest -just DIY.

MINIACE

Hi Bandara, I've asked from Thilanga, and he said he was planning to swap his audio system at P*tco Lan*a. But had not got it done. He has changed his mind and decided on an aftermarket model from elsewhere.

Bandara,

As other member had mentioned you try to exchange with a vender for a Newer version of FM receiver.

Or go in for a new set from Pet#o La#ka which will be 10000.00 Rupees with remote and CD player.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Sylvi. I got the same response from few other friends about this conversion unit. I think its worth see other options.

Thanks again. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Best solution is to use your head units aux port cable in the dash storage compartment.

Connect it to a mobile phone or a radio cassete player and tune into what you like listening to.

The gadget is available from audio vendors and is known as a RF modulator, It is pretty useless since allot of distortion in your audio signal is created.

Worst case is to switch your head unit or to buy an external tuner with a fm transmitter.

Best solution is to use your head units aux port cable in the dash storage compartment.

Connect it to a mobile phone or a radio cassete player and tune into what you like listening to.

The gadget is available from audio vendors and is known as a RF modulator, It is pretty useless since allot of distortion in your audio signal is created.

Worst case is to switch your head unit or to buy an external tuner with a fm transmitter.

original stereo doesnt have a AUX port tight ? coz i dont see any

Strange, Mine came witht the wire and a small sign saying aux ipod port in japanese. Maybe depends on model? Mines Cvt 2008 swift.

I suggest get a fm transmitter like the ones used on ipods or available with some newer mobiles.

Changing the head unit is expensive and if money is a constraint get the phone over the head unit.

Strange, Mine came witht the wire and a small sign saying aux ipod port in japanese. Maybe depends on model? Mines Cvt 2008 swift.

I suggest get a fm transmitter like the ones used on ipods or available with some newer mobiles.

Changing the head unit is expensive and if money is a constraint get the phone over the head unit.

Could be an aftermarket unit fixed in Japan? mine also a 2008 Swift (CVT), but doesn’t have such thing.. Stereo with only audio CD (no MP3)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Peeps!

I was wondering if you can install a after market stereo in a Suzuki Swift 2010(Beetle)? I have given the picture of the unit below. Its a decent deck but I rather install after market and fix the tunning problem.

2009-suzuki-swift-le-003.jpg

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi All

Is there anyplace where i can purchase the Volume up and Down and Track Change Buttons Only to be replaced with the Horn Buttons?

Are you asking whether you can buy a multi function steering wheel or convert yours to a multi function with the volume buttons?

Hi Don..

I was looking for a COnverted one . But pls advice if there is much of a differance Value ( Rs) wise between the two options?

Any idea about the Prices?

I have no idea about prices. But you should be able to buy a multi function steering wheel. I don't think you can concert your existing as it probably does not have the holes for the buttons.

Before you do anything you need to make sure that the wiring harness has the connections to connect to the controls in the steering wheel. Usually it will since the manufacturers would use the same harness for multiple trim levels, but say if you have the Made in India version, you might not as I don't think it ever came with that option.