• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Efi Tuning - Home Visiting Person

tilvin

Hi Friends,

My car is Hindustan ambassador - petrol - MPFI(multi point fuel injection model). It was running OK, but there was a strong smell of petrol from the exhaust, so I brought the car to an EFI tuning centre some where around AtulKotte. He removed the injectors, throttle body and did something. Replaced 4 new spark plugs, new petrol filter. After the tuneup done, when I bring the car back home, it started to accelerate when press the accelerator pedal and did not get release. So drove back to him. He again removed the throttle body and told that throttle spring tension is not good and it could not release properly. He suggested that the throttle spring and throttle plate needs to be replaced and asked to import these spares from India, since not available here.... And did some temporary adjustments to the spring and gave. Now when A/C is put on and runninng around 3KM, the car starting to accelarate...... After running for some time with A/C and when switch off the A/C, the car is accelarating high and rough idling. There coming a strong burning odor from engine bay.

It would be really helpful, if you could suggest me a good home visiting technician who have knowledge in EFI repairs and idle air control issues?

Thanks in advance,

Titus

Hey, i have a proton savvy, and i got a tuneup done wit Lal Alawatta, crazy man drove my car in high revs at the test then gave the guy who does this tune up at his garage, they didnt even had a proper tools to remove my spark plugs, it requires 16/9 box tool, and they didnt clean it, and still he charged me the same amount as regular some 6000 odd,

after this my car gets acceleration for no reason, when i drive in the traffic when i press clutch to put a gear down my engine rev goes up to 3000 and stays there... seriously i dont knw what to do...

please advice some one

Hey, i have a proton savvy, and i got a tuneup done wit Lal Alawatta, crazy man drove my car in high revs at the test then gave the guy who does this tune up at his garage, they didnt even had a proper tools to remove my spark plugs, it requires 16/9 box tool, and they didnt clean it, and still he charged me the same amount as regular some 6000 odd,

after this my car gets acceleration for no reason, when i drive in the traffic when i press clutch to put a gear down my engine rev goes up to 3000 and stays there... seriously i dont knw what to do...

please advice some one

'Shiran K',

Mr. lal Allawatta is a very well respected Automobile engineer, he had served few reputed motor vehicle agents as an engineer.

He depends on his staff, this is the problem in Srilanka. You start a automobile related service station. Then when business expands have to have many workers, some are dedicated workers some come to work only for 8 hours. They are interested only how much money they get at the end of the day doing minimum amount of work.

For example You take what happened to Kleen Park. Originally he started 23 years ago. "first and foremost" Professional Auto detailing station in Srilanka. Few years after he added normal service station. Later he added Accident repairs Auto painting.

With a loan of 100 Million Rupees. at Navinna. that was the end of kleen park name. He later sold that station to Toyata Lanka for 55 Million Rupees He did not have proper supervisors and qualified workers. Today he is doing only Auto detailing. with another station on colombo north.

I too do a service for automobiles but strict supervision by me, only with three workers.

I do not want to expand also then quality of work will definetly deteriorate.

I am not advertising my self or any others on my post. Above is my opinion and view of different automobile services.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I can advice you to take your vehicle to Mr. Mario Dias at Narhenpita / Nawala road next to Coconut development board on the opposite side of Milk Board. He personally attend to jobs have only few workers which he can manage.First of all contact him and go there. 2581342/ 0777 380771.Mr.'Shiran K' Please inform him the work done and the problems you are facing now.

Members Please note. I am not advertising the above persons service, Because a member had requested after visiting a reputed Engineers service and he has had bad experience with that pace. I thought I will direct this member there. With no financial gains to me. As my Motto is to help the motoring community.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1