• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Fix New Power Shutter Unit

nels@autolanka

Dude you cant find replacement doors or panels for Indian cars here.

MINIACE

Miniace,

Agents in their work shop have new doors and all parts for Indian cars. Friend of mine had a accident on his driving side two doors. Bus crashed to his car so agents charged two doors and other things with paint work 165000,00 Within 18 days they returend the car. All doors and fittings of doors were new.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

S*n L*nka 13800/= only for rear doors, but no control option for driver. as they mentioned this is a promotional offer. otherwise it will be around 15,500/=. there are few shops adjoining to the S*n L*nka they will probablty do the same with lower cost.

Edited by anjulau78

This was recommended by Ripper sometimes back. I never visit this guy as I have done by the other way. But many A/L members has recommended him

Darley road Ruwan near the fire brigade. Rexton motors is the name.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?/topic/10688-security-system/page__p__154160__hl__+fire%20+brigade__fromsearch__1#entry154160

if this is corolla AE110 or AE100 you can change all 4 doors for around 22,000/-

Is it exchange current doors (without power shutters) to 4 doors with power shutters for 22k or can we just buy 4 p/s doors for 22k without giving them the current doors ?

Btw I think normally doors with power shutters have power mirrors too right ? So if I changed doors of my CE110 I'll get power shutters + power mirrors right :D Or am I missing something ?

Mine is a DX trim and I desperately need power shutters but hate the aftermarket units. I need the original look with all the upholstery of the doors etc...

One more thing, Are these power shutters/mirrors wired independently of the electrical/electronic items ? So fitting it to car which was not designed for power shutters wouldn't mess up anything right ?

Edited by Amila G

Is it exchange current doors (without power shutters) to 4 doors with power shutters for 22k or can we just buy 4 p/s doors for 22k without giving them the current doors ?

Btw I think normally doors with power shutters have power mirrors too right ? So if I changed doors of my CE110 I'll get power shutters + power mirrors right :D Or am I missing something ?

Mine is a DX trim and I desperately need power shutters but hate the aftermarket units. I need the original look with all the upholstery of the doors etc...

One more thing, Are these power shutters/mirrors wired independently of the electrical/electronic items ? So fitting it to car which was not designed for power shutters wouldn't mess up anything right ?

Amila, if you are lucky the wiring for the power shutters will already be there for your car. You can check near the wire loom connector on the a pillar the door is connected to (it will be blanked out with a plastic plate but on cars with power shutters a wire loom goes into this) and see if the connector is there. I suspect it is so swapping normal doors for power doors should be fairly easy.

Now power mirrors are a different proposition. Here again the connectors and the wiring is probably there but you need a power mirror control unit, certain relays etc which probably aren't there. So this will require an electrician to complete the job I think but its certainly not impossible.

The Don has given almost a complete answer.

The designing of inner door panels are different between SE saloon (and some brand new versions) and other versions like XE.

It should ideally match the colour/texture of the seats and original floor mats.

I think the CE110 DX version does not have rear head rests as well ; you might have to change all these if you wanna get the real original looking. (I know you only ask for PS yet I just wanna add this just to guide you)

Do not forget to buy the power mirror switch (+/- with retract switch) if you are planning to fix PM as well.

You may redo the inner upholstery if they are not matching.

Regarding the price, I recently saw a complete driver side door with PM at Rs15000/= at Delkanda

Edited by nano31

normally one complete power door was 5,000/- power mirrors you have to buy seperatly. Normally driver side door is bit expencive. but you can buy it maximum 8,000/-

Edited by Nilantha

@Nilantha,

Are u sure about the prices of those used units?

I saw a fully complete XE trim driver side door with power mirror at price of 15,000/=, separate dual power power mirror unit was Rs 5000 X 2; May be their price is too high!

@Nilantha,

Are u sure about the prices of those used units?

I saw a fully complete XE trim driver side door with power mirror at price of 15,000/=, separate dual power power mirror unit was Rs 5000 X 2; May be their price is too high!

don't check only one place. all ppl teling prices looking the man who asking the price. if they think they can grab money they try to take more

don't check only one place. all ppl teling prices looking the man who asking the price. if they think they can grab money they try to take more

Errr...... so what you mean is when buying something go dressed like a beggar, then you will get a better price.... :laughing-smiley-002: