• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking To Mod My Civic

autolankaist

Hey guys,

I bought my civic last year and I have wanted to mod it since then but I have not been able to find a proper place who can mod it for performance. I am not in to looks, I'd rather own an ugly car that is fast than a good looking car that is slow. Basically I signed up at autolanka for advice on what sort of performance mods to do and where to get it done from.

I am new at this and therefore would like some advice from the pros out there.

It is a 1.6L ES5 according to the chassis (I randomly bought it because I wanted a civic with a manual gear box and when I found one I bought it) and a Civic RS according to the papers.The YOM is 2003 and it has done 77k KMs now (I have no idea if this was fiddled with when purchasing, was at 68k when purchasing it)

The engine is a d16w7 according to the papers.

Here are some pictures,

cc96b3165873347.jpg 88663f165873371.jpg 6b91db165873397.jpg 156a31165873405.jpg 38e59c165873418.jpg 498bee165873443.jpg0cf675165874836.jpg

Please tell me where to start and a rough estimate of what it will cost me.

Thanks!

Edited by autolankaist

How about you start with cleaning that engine bay dude? :D

Me no expert but that motor is not well known as a base for performance mods since it`s a 3stage vtec-e designed for economy. There are some info on Turboing this engine on the net but IMHO that`s a waste and asking for trouble. It i were you I would invest on other stuff (light weight alloys with good rubber, suspension tune to improve handling, etc.. ), leave that engine as it is an be happy.

If you are really serious and got the money, do a "K" series motor swap (there are high output "B" series motors as well, these are mainly DOHC, but this series is quite old, not sure about availability of a good specimen).

P.S. Whatever you do, don't just throw in high flow filters and performance exhausts and shit without doing a proper ECU remap. Without a remap, chances are that you`ll might even get less performance with those.

Edited by MrCat

Hey guys,

I bought my civic last year and I have wanted to mod it since then but I have not been able to find a proper place who can mod it for performance. I am not in to looks, I'd rather own an ugly car that is fast than a good looking car that is slow. Basically I signed up at autolanka for advice on what sort of performance mods to do and where to get it done from.

I am new at this and therefore would like some advice from the pros out there.

It is a 1.6L ES5 according to the chassis (I randomly bought it because I wanted a civic with a manual gear box and when I found one I bought it) and a Civic RS according to the papers.The YOM is 2003 and it has done 77k KMs now (I have no idea if this was fiddled with when purchasing, was at 68k when purchasing it)

The engine is a d16w7 according to the papers.

Here are some pictures,

cc96b3165873347.jpg 88663f165873371.jpg 6b91db165873397.jpg 156a31165873405.jpg 38e59c165873418.jpg 498bee165873443.jpg0cf675165874836.jpg

Please tell me where to start and a rough estimate of what it will cost me.

Thanks!

first of all your car is not a civic RS if it's a civic RS it's come with 1.7l D17A engine and chassis number is ES3 your one is ES5 1.6 and have D16W7 engine right so it's a japan made export model

as Peri have mentioned try to contact those guys they are expert in that field

@MrCat are you sure it's a 3 stage vtec afaik it's not a 3 stage vtec.

Thanks for your replies guys. It sucks that I can not do much with the current engine, I am willing to spend about 50-100k currently. Should I sell this car and get something else? I got this for 2.5M and have replaced the front suspension, alternator, battery and the clutch. Had some small issues like an engine knock etc, no one was able to figure it out and finally stafford fixed it by doing a tuneup (replaced sparks etc). I might go to Zackie's this weekend and ask for advice.

@Nexus: I thought so too because the chassis cant be wrong xD

@kelum_wj: Zackie said that this car can not be chipped or something, I will go to him and get it verified once again. Will look at the rest of the mods you mentioned too, where do you think I should get these from and where do I go to get it fixed? Thanks!

Then you'll have to use a stand alone ECU. Fixing the K&N is DIY. Try importing the other stuff and you can get them fixed at Technodrome,Drag and Drift or else Zakie's garage :)

Edited by kelum_wj

Thanks for your replies guys. It sucks that I can not do much with the current engine, I am willing to spend about 50-100k currently. Should I sell this car and get something else? I got this for 2.5M

Nexus is right, that's definitely not a RS, You can say by the rear light also quite clearly the RS badge is missing. You said yourself you randomly bought it, nobody randomly buys cars and you need to do some background check on what you are buying.. quite surprising this was registered as a RS ? unless the entire front and rear had been replaced due to a accident ? Also do you have rear disk brakes ?

But I think there are lots of other stuff you could do with that car, like mentioned by Kelum. Turbo charging a NA car is not that simple as a lot of other stuff many need to be done like the pistons, rods etc to handle the additional boost, in the end it will cost lot of money.

@kelum_wj: Okay I will take a look in to it, thanks!

@CARBON B4: Yes, it isnt a RS, somehow the papers have it listed as a RS xD. I randomly bought it because I knew the guy I got it from and I wasnt planning on modding it for racing. I do not have rear disk brakes. I am looking at all the options, I might sell this and get something different if nothing else works. Thanks!

Edited by autolankaist

Bro, first tell me why you wanna mod this car ? Bro, i think ur plates are goes as KF series aite ? this is the 1st manual ES5 to hit SL and there is another Wine Red car...only 2 ES5 cars in SL we have on Manual trannys ... this car earlier had 17inch nice rims bro...and also it had all around body kit.... and the millege is pretty ok...do not mod this bro..bcz in SL ..we can hardly find a good honda conversions...and D16W7(this is a single stage - Vtec-E engine) wot u got under the hood is quite decent engine...stock comes with 118 Bhp and u can take it up to 125 if ur lucky enough to tune it with some basic stuff...since urs is a manual u really dont have to worry....get some Denso IK20L, K&N OEM replacement filter and do a full system clean up on intake manifolder as well as on exhaust...u'll see a drastic change in pull !

Lol macvud stylling thats a joke he will make you paint your car pink....

Mate dont be in a hurry to criticize. Surely you have not seen majority of macvud work and conclusion attained by looking at few anomalous mods and paint work.I am not a macvud customer but I have seen very decent bodywork done by them as well .Its the customer who needs to guide the bodyshop people.

MINIACE

Bro, first tell me why you wanna mod this car ?

I guess for better acceleration.

Bro, i think ur plates are goes as KF series aite ? this is the 1st manual ES5 to hit SL and there is another Wine Red car...only 2 ES5 cars in SL we have on Manual trannys ...

Is it? I did not know that, I have seen a couple of cars looking like mine but I didnt know that only 2 ES5 cars in SL had a manual tranny.

and the millege is pretty ok...

What was the milage on it when you saw it last and when was that?

do not mod this bro..bcz in SL ..we can hardly find a good honda conversions...and D16W7(this is a single stage - Vtec-E engine) wot u got under the hood is quite decent engine...stock comes with 118 Bhp

I was thinking of selling this and getting an older civic, then do a motor swap (B Series) and turbo charge it, do you think it is worth it?

get some Denso IK20L, K&N OEM replacement filter and do a full system clean up on intake manifolder as well as on exhaust...u'll see a drastic change in pull !

Where can I get these? I can import it but going to the customs to clear it is a bitch.

dude,,if you love ur civic please dont take it to M*****ods cus he has an art of destroying cars.. for an example check dis link.. u'll understand... :speechless-smiley-004:http://aut*lanka.com/ad.asp?ID=55195 .. :sport-smiley-004:

Do these Mclav*ds guys work with carbon fibre ? I am sure if the customer guides them on exactly what is required by giving the correct images they maybe able to turn out something quite nice...

Mate dont be in a hurry to criticize. Surely you have not seen majority of macvud work and conclusion attained by looking at few anomalous mods and paint work.I am not a macvud customer but I have seen very decent bodywork done by them as well .Its the customer who needs to guide the bodyshop people.

MINIACE

you have a point there, ace. their work, garish as it is, is highly detailed. if the owner could camp out at the workshop and guide them step by step, they might just end up making a gem...

• Like 1