• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Or Prius

sagu

For 5 million bucks you should NOT be confused... :)

For that you can get a nice 2002-2003 E39 525i, a Jaguar S or a X, depending on your mood, or even a good Merc C or a E.

Why waste your money trying to buy either of cars that only will make you look like a Taxi driver... :)

• Like 7

Most people who drive Axio's & Allion's on our streets think they are in some fancy supercar :sport-smiley-003:

I agree with VVTi, for that kind of dosh. I'd go Euro or buy myself a permit & open up more options.

depends on what you are after. if resale and fuel consumption is all you are looking for, then i guess prius, axio will do.

if driving pleasure, comfort and luxury is what you require, VVTI's options are good. or if you insist on going for a newer japanese car which has good performance, comfort and luxury, you can get yourself a 2005-2007 mark X or 2006,07 Skyline V36.

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd buy a face lifted E46 320D in a heart beat and use the rest of the money on a world tour and might still have money left for maintenance :)

But from the 2 you mentioned, I'd get the Axio. I don't like prius and hate the people who think prius is "the new thing in motoring".

lol @ vvti

well ur name suggests ur a vvti fan so y this dissing of toyotas

so bro if you wana opt for one of these 2 i think you are on the right track

well when it comes to the axio the only factor i would rate high on my list is axio's have a reputation and a class of their own after all it is 30 years for the corolla to rule the auto motive industry

no wonder i baught my self an axio

so if you want one you always have mine which i would highly recomend its brand new 2400 km driven silver x grade its in the axio sec at auto lanka if u need recomendation ill share the link

so back to the topic

Prius

well a strong contender to the axio

specialy being in srilanka, in 2010 modern tech age

considering a prius is a higher valued car, almost 60 % higher in the value of japanese yen

so basicly it is much more loaded with features, which means more bang for the buck

where as you pay the same amount for the axio,but in the axio you pay a higher duty for the car to the goverment.

so i hope you got it a prius is a much better vehicle to the logical and practical sense

lets see

u ll save a lot on the prius

in terms of fuel twice the mileage of an axio if u drive economical(More on Electric Mode)

when you need more power the prius is a lot more power full cuz it holds a nice 1.8 along with the electric motor so consider it will give you the engine power almost close to a 2.4 camry or as

@ RWD mentioned a mark X or skyline

so basicly your getting a brand new more practical car witha higher yeild for money when you go for resale and not to forget ease of selling too

so y use a 2004

well the guyz above mentioned the the E's,the C's the Jag's and the mark x's there all gr8 options too

but i think the practicality of the prius out weigh all the others

but yea i would say you cant drive with the attitude that you can do on an axio and feel realy happy every morning with the beautifull look of it

• Like 6

@ vvti

u got me wrong offer was not for u its for sagu who started the thread so keep seated

and considering axios atleast i stand in the majority

and not an alpha i think u realy need to get your selections right

and well yea axios

I got one phrase for ya

"Let the public do the talking"

• Like 1

ok this is garilla marketing now.. and im with VVTI on this

if you have that kind of money, why go for same all japaese stuff when u could go for a bimmer or a benz or a jag..

the hell

isnt 5M way too much for an axio

my dad sold his couple of months ago for 3.8M

and as a previous axio owner (well sort of).. IT LOOK LIKE A FREAKING BOX ON WHEELS... atleast the prius have 'some' curves

but still from both of them

i too suggest the prius. but still you have way more other options..

might i suggest a new Mazda Axela or a Civic Hybrid

@ vvti

Well bro thats cuz i have sold one,one is in my use and the one i am reffering to is up for grabs

heres the link

hehe

http://www.autolanka...ad.asp?ID=65352

So, you're in the business of selling Axios, and you go around advising people to buy Axios. Riiiiight.

See, that doesn't make you the most reliable person whose advise should be followed. It means you're a salesman, not a normal person offering advise.

• Like 4

From the 2 you've shortlisted, I'll get the Axio, Here's my theory on why you shouldn't get a prius (If you think Prius is NOT a boring cheap looking car).

Buying a hybrid is like a buying a computer. Technology is not that matured and changing rapidly. What's hot now will be a piece of history in a few years. So in a 7 or so years, your prius will be 10 years old (assuming you buy a 2008 model) and would you like to buy a 10 year old hybrid ?

Due to the fear of high repair costs not many people will be interested in buying an aging hybrid. So the money you saved on fuel + more, will be wasted as the depreciation of the car. So at the end of the day, your hybrid will be a terrible choice if you are after (fuel) economy.

Let's not forget the corolla is among the cars with highest demands here in SL. So your axio will possibly fetch a higher price than 5mil in 7 years from now. (btw 121 s are going for 3+ mil).

So according to my thoery :) you'll need to sell it in 2 - 3 years and get the new model if you're going for the hybrid...

Well at least it's my theory... but think it's something you'll need to think of :)

• Like 2

5 mil is waaaay too much for an axio. you can get a nice allion for that kinda money with more options. but the problem with both of these cars is they'll be replaced within the next 2 years. the prius it won't be. but you seem like a safe conservative guy who's new to this car business so the unconventional-ness of the prius might put you off.

my advice is get an allion. 5 mil will get you a nice used example with multifunction and hids or a little more and and you can get a mint unregistered one. I'm guessing the next gen version won't arrive in our shores till end of 2013. so your investment is safe. as for the axio expect to see an all new model here within the next 12 months

@ vvti

u got me wrong offer was not for u its for sagu who started the thread so keep seated

and considering axios atleast i stand in the majority

and not an alpha i think u realy need to get your selections right

and well yea axios

I got one phrase for ya

"Let the public do the talking"

let the public do the talking.. yeah right.... SL public with herd mentality.. i dont think so.. axio might be a reliable toyota.. but thats just about it for it... for 5 million he can do much better...and in SL the axio is way overpriced..

• Like 3

lol @ vvti

well ur name suggests ur a vvti fan so y this dissing of toyotas

so bro if you wana opt for one of these 2 i think you are on the right track

well when it comes to the axio the only factor i would rate high on my list is axio's have a reputation and a class of their own after all it is 30 years for the corolla to rule the auto motive industry

no wonder i baught my self an axio

so if you want one you always have mine which i would highly recomend its brand new 2400 km driven silver x grade its in the axio sec at auto lanka if u need recomendation ill share the link

so back to the topic

Prius

well a strong contender to the axio

specialy being in srilanka, in 2010 modern tech age

considering a prius is a higher valued car, almost 60 % higher in the value of japanese yen

so basicly it is much more loaded with features, which means more bang for the buck

where as you pay the same amount for the axio,but in the axio you pay a higher duty for the car to the goverment.

so i hope you got it a prius is a much better vehicle to the logical and practical sense

lets see

u ll save a lot on the prius

in terms of fuel twice the mileage of an axio if u drive economical(More on Electric Mode)

when you need more power the prius is a lot more power full cuz it holds a nice 1.8 along with the electric motor so consider it will give you the engine power almost close to a 2.4 camry or as

@ RWD mentioned a mark X or skyline

so basicly your getting a brand new more practical car witha higher yeild for money when you go for resale and not to forget ease of selling too

so y use a 2004

well the guyz above mentioned the the E's,the C's the Jag's and the mark x's there all gr8 options too

but i think the practicality of the prius out weigh all the others

but yea i would say you cant drive with the attitude that you can do on an axio and feel realy happy every morning with the beautifull look of it

a class of its own.. really... ha ha ha.. what class man... it might be a lot of things.. but class aint one of them.. this is why u axio lovers piss other people off.. why cant u actually say the right things about the axio and try to push it to people rather than telling what its not.. what its not mate is a class of its own...

beautiful look of it... really... ok then...

axio is a reliable 4 seater made by toyota.. and thats it.. overpriced in SL... period...

Edited by charitha19
  • Like 2