• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Leaking To Radiater

LancerL

Dear all, went to Edirisinhe brothers today and sadly they said that a water line of my head has been damaged and couldn’t repair and has to replace the head :speechless-smiley-004:

I don't know what to do.. Where can I buy a head? How much it will be?

Please help me guys. I'm in a big trouble..

My engine is Lancer Saturn A75

I also think can get from panchikawatha or delkanda.

But I think how good if you put a new diesel engine. :sport-smiley-004:

Dear all, went to Edirisinhe brothers today and sadly they said that a water line of my head has been damaged and couldn’t repair and has to replace the head :speechless-smiley-004:

I don't know what to do.. Where can I buy a head? How much it will be?

There is an area called Watte in Panchikawatte close to the bridge. Anybody in Panchikawatte will point you to this place. The place is full of engines of all types and I am fairly sure you will find what you are looking for there. It's a pity that the existing head could not be salvaged.

name='LancerL' timestamp='1325675671' post='190356']

[/qu

;LancerL,

Did you take the car there or removed the head and wanted them to reface same.

By looking at a problem no one can come to a conclusion without removing the engine head. Who said at Edrisinghe that the water line is damaged.

Some time back they used to do metal-lock on engine heads and stop water leaks, request them to do same they have the technology. Refer following link.

http://www.locknstitch.com/metal_stitching.htm

Above system charges are high. as it is a specialized job.

There are plenty of engine heads you can buy at Delkanda or try at Kurunagala old spare parts shops.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi, Thanks for your reply. Actually I removed the head and went there. I went inside of the workshop and they show me the place where it corrosion. it's an inside wall of a head mounting bolt hole and the wall of the hole has damaged and leaking water from it (According to them). I called my mechanic same time and told the story. He asked me to tell them that to grind the hole bit and fix some metal tube on it which he hope solve the problem. But unfortunately Edirisinhe people refuse to do that and told me it will not successful and they charged me 1,290/- for the "pressure testing".

So left the place and went to the place call "Watta" @ Panchikawatta by looking for a head, there were couple of heads, most of them were had tiny differences than mine and there was one suits for me which also fully corrosion.

After all I went to my mechanic with the head, after seeing it he told me that what he suggest might work and will give a try on tomorrow by giving it to a lath workshop nearby.

Will update you'll once I got the feedback from him.

Please feel free to share your ideas on this.

Thanks,

LancerL

Dear Sylvi, Thanks for your reply. Actually I removed the head and went there. I went inside of the workshop and they show me the place where it corrosion. it's an inside wall of a head mounting bolt hole and the wall of the hole has damaged and leaking water from it (According to them). I called my mechanic same time and told the story. He asked me to tell them that to grind the hole bit and fix some metal tube on it which he hope solve the problem. But unfortunately Edirisinhe people refuse to do that and told me it will not successful and they charged me 1,290/- for the "pressure testing".

So left the place and went to the place call "Watta" @ Panchikawatta by looking for a head, there were couple of heads, most of them were had tiny differences than mine and there was one suits for me which also fully corrosion.

After all I went to my mechanic with the head, after seeing it he told me that what he suggest might work and will give a try on tomorrow by giving it to a lath workshop nearby.

Will update you'll once I got the feedback from him.

Please feel free to share your ideas on this.

Thanks,

LancerL

LancerL,

There are epoxy fillers they can be used on different conditions.

I dont think that canbe used on a compression area as your head is cast iron it is very difficult to do correct a welding.

Welding cast iron has a different prosess. If there is space you can drill a bigger hole and fix a bolt which will fit in tight.

Must examin personally and advice you for your head problem.

Try to get a complete engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 years later...