• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Idea About Honda Civic Hybrid

fadill

My Girlfriend has one but not it Sri Lanka. She have done 80k miles and very happy with it. if you buy one please do some regular CVT flushes with Honda CVT fluid to keep the system clean because they are very sensitive and tend to give problems down the line if not maintained well.

My Girlfriend has one but not it Sri Lanka. She have done 80k miles and very happy with it. if you buy one please do some regular CVT flushes with Honda CVT fluid to keep the system clean because they are very sensitive and tend to give problems down the line if not maintained well.

Thanks brother for your reply

Hey Bro

Im also willing to buy one...its a real good looking and comfortable car

you can buy unregistered 2008 for 3.7-3.9mil

2009 up 4.0-5.5m

watch out for gear box....one of my friend recently bought one (2008 Dec) and within 2 months the gear box had to be replced.

All the best

AVE

Hey Bro

Im also willing to buy one...its a real good looking and comfortable car

you can buy unregistered 2008 for 3.7-3.9mil

2009 up 4.0-5.5m

watch out for gear box....one of my friend recently bought one (2008 Dec) and within 2 months the gear box had to be replced.

All the best

AVE

Thanks brother

It depends on the area ur living

Colombo u can find few place where "hybrid repairs " are done

Yes brother I am in Colombo but once a month I will go to Trincomale so if anything happen when I was there, I mean lets say if I couldn't start the vehicle due to IMA battery dead or something how can start the car and bring back to Colombo

If the IMA battery is not reliable Honda won't be selling Hybrid cars for this long. Also there is a battery level indicator in dash. But watch out for the regular battery. If you're not using the car more often that battery might go weak. Same thing happen to one of my friends Civic Hybrid. The car was fully dead and even central locking was not working. We have to jump start the car to make it work again.

Also don't expect very good fuel economy from a Civic hybrid as a Toyota prius.

But I can say it's a very good looking very comfortable and a fast car.

If the IMA battery is not reliable Honda won't be selling Hybrid cars for this long. Also there is a battery level indicator in dash. But watch out for the regular battery. If you're not using the car more often that battery might go weak. Same thing happen to one of my friends Civic Hybrid. The car was fully dead and even central locking was not working. We have to jump start the car to make it work again.

Also don't expect very good fuel economy from a Civic hybrid as a Toyota prius.

But I can say it's a very good looking very comfortable and a fast car.

Thanks brother yes as you said the car is good looking & very comfortable, in my case everyday I will be using around 40km (up & down to office) so I don't think I have to worry about the regular usage.

BTW as you told your friend had the issue and he used jump start, so after the jump start how long we can use the car? do we need to replace the battery? will it recharge again?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks brother yes as you said the car is good looking & very comfortable, in my case everyday I will be using around 40km (up & down to office) so I don't think I have to worry about the regular usage.

BTW as you told your friend had the issue and he used jump start, so after the jump start how long we can use the car? do we need to replace the battery? will it recharge again?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Dude

If you got it broken in Trinco....better consult the agents and get one mechanic to the place.Dont let makabass to handle...

Macho..Dont think that much of Negative things.Its a good car

Pas maha balum balanda giyoth ...u will end up in hell

Select a good one and buy

Its ur call

AVE

Thanks in advance.

You don't have to do any thing. Battery got recharged automatically. The problem was the car is on the garage without using for long time. No need of a replacement.

Don't think about the fuel economy on short trips like going to your office daily. Civic is alright with that. I don't think you can expect much from a prius either. But long run surely there will be a difference.

Yes brother I am in Colombo but once a month I will go to Trincomale so if anything happen when I was there, I mean lets say if I couldn't start the vehicle due to IMA battery dead or something how can start the car and bring back to Colombo

Fadill, I think you should seriously consider the implications of your purchase on your life style. There was a gentleman on this forums before trying to get help on a problamatic Tata Indica in Batticoloa, because he could not find a competent mechanic to fix the issue over there. Now Trincomalee is a more built up town but you won't find the same expertise as you find in Colombo.

I have also considered some of these consideration as we're in the process of buying a car for my sister who works in Mannar.

The second one, (and please note I'm only providing you some perspective, in the end it's your money, your call) are the arguments the fellow members are using to urge you to buy a Civic Hybrid. I think you have to realise that most of these models have not been in existence for long enough to conclude the long term prognosis, and the assertion that Honda won't put components into their cars which won't give you problems later on is a bit silly. For all intensive purposes the sophisticated electronics in Hybrids will last a life time, or it might not. Clearly the Honda CVT system has issues and is not as hardy as the certain other systems.

So the bottom line is it's your call, but I have enough problems finding a good mechanic to take care of my EFI system in Sri Lanka :)

• Like 1

Hey Dude

If you got it broken in Trinco....better consult the agents and get one mechanic to the place.Dont let makabass to handle...

Macho..Dont think that much of Negative things.Its a good car

Pas maha balum balanda giyoth ...u will end up in hell

Select a good one and buy

Its ur call

AVE

Thanks brother

You don't have to do any thing. Battery got recharged automatically. The problem was the car is on the garage without using for long time. No need of a replacement.

Don't think about the fuel economy on short trips like going to your office daily. Civic is alright with that. I don't think you can expect much from a prius either. But long run surely there will be a difference.

Thanks for your reply brother

Thanks for your reply brother

Fadill, I think you should seriously consider the implications of your purchase on your life style. There was a gentleman on this forums before trying to get help on a problamatic Tata Indica in Batticoloa, because he could not find a competent mechanic to fix the issue over there. Now Trincomalee is a more built up town but you won't find the same expertise as you find in Colombo.

I have also considered some of these consideration as we're in the process of buying a car for my sister who works in Mannar.

The second one, (and please note I'm only providing you some perspective, in the end it's your money, your call) are the arguments the fellow members are using to urge you to buy a Civic Hybrid. I think you have to realise that most of these models have not been in existence for long enough to conclude the long term prognosis, and the assertion that Honda won't put components into their cars which won't give you problems later on is a bit silly. For all intensive purposes the sophisticated electronics in Hybrids will last a life time, or it might not. Clearly the Honda CVT system has issues and is not as hardy as the certain other systems.

So the bottom line is it's your call, but I have enough problems finding a good mechanic to take care of my EFI system in Sri Lanka :)

Thanks brother I will consider your comment :)

100% ...its your call....be a wise buyer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I m driving a 2008 FD 3. Fantastic car nothing to complain. Makesure to change CVT Fluid with CVT-F only.

The service manual says if you are drive in high rpm often, may need to change the CVT oil every 10k km. or it's good to go for 30k km. So it's always safe if you change it every 15k km's.

Happy hunting!!

Dude,

In Trincomalee you won't find a place to repair the hybrid because here in Trincomalee few of them are driving Hybrid. This was my concern to whenever i think of buying hybrid this is the first question popping out of my mind that if anything happen how can i repair it. because you know it might be minor repair but we don't know what to do in this case if we use carrier it might cost you...... as far as i know even in kurunegala no place to fix it...