• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Galant 4D68 Engine

s_ampath

Question

Hi all, I have a Mitsubishi Galant year 2000 diesel car. I have replace the turbo unit 3 weeks ago, then 2 days after engine became too hot, then told the mechanic the gas-cut is leaking, then I had replace the gas-cut. then 3 days later its began to over heat again...then their was a water leak from a water jacket.. replaced it..but problem is over heating..then discovered again the gas-cut is leaking.. for the 2nd time within one week replaced the gas-cut. now it is one week I have using the car. and yesterday its over heating again. I had changed the mechanic, then the new one telling me, its leaking the gas-cut. :sport-smiley-027:PLEASE HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. :speechless-smiley-004:

6 answers to this question

Hi all, I have a Mitsubishi Galant year 2000 diesel car. I have replace the turbo unit 3 weeks ago, then 2 days after engine became too hot, then told the mechanic the gas-cut is leaking, then I had replace the gas-cut. then 3 days later its began to over heat again...then their was a water leak from a water jacket.. replaced it..but problem is over heating..then discovered again the gas-cut is leaking.. for the 2nd time within one week replaced the gas-cut. now it is one week I have using the car. and yesterday its over heating again. I had changed the mechanic, then the new one telling me, its leaking the gas-cut. :sport-smiley-027:PLEASE HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. :speechless-smiley-004:

's_ampath',

There are so many possibilities for gasket to leak,(1) when the radiator is blocked(2) Water is leaking to engine head through a crack on the head. (3) Water line block,can be due to faulty thermostat valve. (4) head is not seating properly on the engine block.

Did you check your engine oil. there is no milky color on the oil.

Get a good mechanic to examine the head properly or take same to M/s, EDIRISINGHE BROTHERS and request them to examine the head for any cracks tell them that you had changed number of gaskets.

After examination let them reface the head. At the same time remove the radiator get it cleaned at a good radiator cleaner by removing the bottom tank of the radiator. If there is no problem in the radiator then definitely problem is the head.

Give the feed backs of your problem

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

Hi all, I have a Mitsubishi Galant year 2000 diesel car. I have replace the turbo unit 3 weeks ago, then 2 days after engine became too hot, then told the mechanic the gas-cut is leaking, then I had replace the gas-cut. then 3 days later its began to over heat again...then their was a water leak from a water jacket.. replaced it..but problem is over heating..then discovered again the gas-cut is leaking.. for the 2nd time within one week replaced the gas-cut. now it is one week I have using the car. and yesterday its over heating again. I had changed the mechanic, then the new one telling me, its leaking the gas-cut. :sport-smiley-027: PLEASE HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. :speechless-smiley-004:

S_ampath, I feel for you man! It is very annoying that you have to keep spending money on the same problem over and over again. As slyvi already mentioned the underlying issue might be that the car is overheating the the head gasket problem and the water jacket leaking is merely a result of this rather than the cause.

So you first have to figure out why the car is overheating and resolve that before spending more money fixing the head gasket. I suspect something like a thermostat valve malfunction, a blocked coolant line, a water leak, faulty water pump or blocked radiator cores. I will ask the mechanic to inspect and rule them out as problem before moving further.

Also it's possible than when the head gasket was re installed they didn't properly reface the head and seat the head properly leading to a gasket leak.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 2

Thanks for your advises and support, finally found the problem, at the very first I had done a repair of the radiator fans. This :violent-smiley-027: electrician mix up the wires of the one of two radiator fans and its turning the opposition way. I had came to Sri Lanka for vacation and spend 3 weeks at garages and waste money for nothing and I got fixed my car on last 3 days of my vacation. :speechless-smiley-004:

Thanks for your advises and support, finally found the problem, at the very first I had done a repair of the radiator fans. This :violent-smiley-027: electrician mix up the wires of the one of two radiator fans and its turning the opposition way. I had came to Sri Lanka for vacation and spend 3 weeks at garages and waste money for nothing and I got fixed my car on last 3 days of my vacation. :speechless-smiley-004:

's_ampath',

At last you have found the fault that radiator fan was working otherway. Your experience is a very good lesson for other members too. Unfortunatly your holiday you spend on garages.When are you leaving are you from chilaw side.

With best wishes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Thanks Sylvi, now I'm at Italy, yes I'm from chilaw side. So 42days of vacation and spend 25days at garages...I'm :speechless-smiley-004: .

thank u again

Funny enough man, the same happens to me nearly every year. My car doesn't get much use when I am away so when I'm back there is always a few things to sort out mostly from the car not being used.