• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replaced The Rear Windshield From Stafford :(

kushan

Kushan, personally what I would have done is ask them to remove the glass from the car then and there, if they were not able to provide the replacement part you wanted. Since this is not a road side shop they should be able to do this and you could have made the deal sweeter by offering to pay for consumables but not labour.

See if this still works. Tell them you are not happy with the replacement as it does not match the rest of the car, say you had a reasonable expectation that they will replace the wind shied with a part in line with the rest of the goods fitted to the car, and give them two options.

1. Replace the wind-shield with the correct version at no extra cost to you.

2. Remove the wind-shield and make a refund. The wind-shield should still be in brand new condition and can be re sold.

This is probably what you should have done in the first place, even before making us aware of Stafford's handing of your problem.

I think the key thing to get out of this is, you should resolve any issues with a purchase at the point of purchase as it becomes a lot more complicated after, and you have to stand up for yourself and be bold because nobody else is going to do it for you.

I have asked them to remove the windshield at that instant, and also asked to import me a tinted one, but what they have told me was, that they cannot import because of the government regulations, I wanted a brand new genuine Honda windshield, otherwise I could have gone to samarasinghe. So I came up with no options, and asked to keep the glass as it is. But now I feels i could have gone to samarasinghe, though its not genuine, but at least I get a tinted glass.

Or... park the car under a coconut tree.... :) Let nature and insurance sort you out.

That is an idea :)

I have asked them to remove the windshield at that instant, and also asked to import me a tinted one, but what they have told me was, that they cannot import because of the government regulations, I wanted a brand new genuine Honda windshield, otherwise I could have gone to samarasinghe. So I came up with no options, and asked to keep the glass as it is. But now I feels i could have gone to samarasinghe, though its not genuine, but at least I get a tinted glass.

Well you could have found an original from Delkanda second hand part shops. Also Samarasinghe also carry a combination of second hand and brand new parts and some brand new parts are original I believe and they give you the option of which you want to use. When it comes to wind shields and side glass there is probably no difference between brand new and second hand if the windscreen is not damaged in any way (chipped or cracked).

But hindsight is a wonderful thing. Be polite and speak to Stafford and see what solution they can offer you. Try to be reasonable and see it from their perspective as well.

Why do you need a tinted glass at the back, exactly? Isn't it a safety issue when your rear view hampered, especially in the night?

This is a case of vanity over substance, but I guess it's his car, his money. I personally prefer my rear windscreen not to be tinted beyond a UV cut layer.

Why do you need a tinted glass at the back, exactly? Isn't it a safety issue when your rear view hampered, especially in the night?

Well.. Its not a sticker tint I had, It was a tint glass, from outside it was all black, anyone can hardly see inside, but from inside its plain view. can see the outside without a problem, like you seeing through front windshield.

This is a case of vanity over substance, but I guess it's his car, his money. I personally prefer my rear windscreen not to be tinted beyond a UV cut layer.

Same here. I have tinted both my cars within the allowed limit. But only the windows. I need the front and back clear. Besides I dont strip in the car of jack off so I am not that worried about who sees it the inside of my car of the 'privacy' it offers... :)

Wasn't there someone in AL who was worried about people peeping into the car while his wife breast fed the baby in Nugegoda junction in broad daylighT?

Ah.. AL.... they keep coimng out of the wooodwork!

Edited by VVTi

haiyo haiyo...it's the lack of balls and brain that's put the OP in the situation he is right now.

And I think you should just rent a hourly room rather than park along marine drive. It'll be a lot more comfortable and roomy than being jerked off in the boot of your HR-V and you wont stain your carpets :)

Same here. I have tinted both my cars within the allowed limit. But only the windows. I need the front and back clear. Besides I dont strip in the car of jack off so I am not that worried about who sees it the inside of my car of the 'privacy' it offers... :)

Wasn't there someone in AL who was worried about people peeping into the car while his wife breast fed the baby in Nugegoda junction in broad daylighT?

Ah.. AL.... they keep coimng out of the wooodwork!

This is not a concern with my privacy dude, Its just the look of the vehicle, and the way I explained how the original tinted glass works. by tinting (pasting a sticker wont do, what I wanted.) hope you can understand.

Kushan,

Your first post says you had some minor scratches. Did Stafford return your old glass.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

No, had some minor scratches at the tail gate, glass completely shattered on the spot where accident happened (tempered glass)

This will not be covered under insurance unless you specifically ad on a windscreen cover...

CARBON B4,

You are correct have to pay 10% of the cost of front W/S, cost extra to the premium.

I do not know how that will apply on other glasses of the vehicle.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Different strokes man. Live and let live. Leave the bugger be.

Its the look of the vehicle that im much interested , I think most of the people too, that's why they go for the cheap tints, (because its cheap, by knowing that they could only get the look, maybe some wht heat reduction) whereas 3M tint comes with 99% UV cut, 97% heat reduction etc... even 3M tint doesn't match with outer area of the glass, as I have explained before. And the effect of the tinted glass is not the same as sticker tint. hope you have experienced both of the original tinted glass and the sticker tint.

Edited by kushan

are these numbers measurabale by the onsumer? Or is it one of those numbers that we take at face value? And pay good money for?

Why pay more moeny for facts and figures we cannot verify?

Of course we cannot verify (I think) , only way we can satisfy ourselves is by blindly accepting wht 3M says ( I think we can keep somewht confidence on them), and heard they guarantee it for 5 years. (probably within 5 years of time we may have forgotten the fact or we could have been sold the car :D )

by the way, have found out that, domestic Honda has used Nippon windshield for rear and Asahi for all the other glasses. (What I have thought initially was its because of the Nippon why it was not a tinted glass, so I was wrong there.)

So stafford is not importing from Japan it seems.

by the way, have found out that, domestic Honda has used Nippon windshield for rear and Asahi for all the other glasses. (What I have thought initially was its because of the Nippon why it was not a tinted glass, so I was wrong there.)

So stafford is not importing from Japan it seems.

Kushan, Stafford is probably importing from Japan. Remember Nippon makes windshields for both the domestic model HRV as well as the Export in as many trims as Honda requires them to. You have simply got a windshield of a slightly different spec than the one which was originally fitted.