• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb 14 Rpm Gauge Problem

chamilka

Question

In my uncle's Nissan FB 14 Super Saloon 1996 car RPM Gauge shows some strange behaviors. Before start it shows RPM as 0. But after engine starts it goes to around 5 (5000 rmp in engine idle speed) and the needle shakes on that position. When the engine is accelarated is shows little difference but still shakes.

Has anyone experience this problem? Could it be a problem with the RPM Gauge or the ECU?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

In my uncle's Nissan FB 14 Super Saloon 1996 car RPM Gauge shows some strange behaviors. Before start it shows RPM as 0. But after engine starts it goes to around 5 (5000 rmp in engine idle speed) and the needle shakes on that position. When the engine is accelarated is shows little difference but still shakes.

Has anyone experience this problem? Could it be a problem with the RPM Gauge or the ECU?

Thanks

If the engine is idling and racing properly the ECU is probably ok. RPM meters are powered using different mechanisms, sometimes the signal is extracted from the ECU and other times it's via a separate sensor or electronic mechanism. You are best going to an auto electrician and asking him to investigate the problem. I suspect the issue is probably not too serious.