• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trad Sunny Different Versions

carboy2011

carboy2011 !!

yes, here we can see few versions of TRAD sunny.

1.Half light version

2.Full ight version

Half light version

1.4FWD version with semi optioin ( A/C P/S ) black carburator model. came with 1300cc engine

2.5FWD version with full option Ex Saloon 1500CC carburator model.

3.5FWD version with full option Ex SaloonGII vertion

4.5FWD version with full option Super Saloon

5.5FWD version with full option Super Saloon Velvet interior 1500cc EFI engine which called highest grade on Half light vertion.

Full Light Version

1.4FWD version with semi optioin ( A/C P/S ) black carburator model. came with 1300cc engine (B12)

2.5FWD version with semi optioin ( A/C P/S ) Electric carburator model. came with 1500cc engine

(a) one came with semi option luxary interior (FB12)

(B) other one came with normal interior ( may be B12)

3.5FWD Ex saloon vertion Full option Electric carburator model. came with 1500cc

4.5FWD Super saloon vertion Full option Electric carburator model. came with 1500cc

5.5FWD version with full option Super Saloon Velvet interior 1500cc EFI engine which called highest grade on Half light vertion. chk the ad #

Full light 5fwd vertions are having a good market than other ones.

fuel consumption is between 12-15kmpl.

these i have leared when i was hunting for a trad sunny few years back. i may be wrong on some informations. if so pls correct me.

Good Luck !!!!!

• Like 5

maheshw's list is pretty much complete. I like to add B12 California/wagon and the diesel ones to it.

afaik prices range from 7.50 to 9 laks. We had a FB12 halflight 5FWD back in the days. it only had PS and AC but was a very reliable car with good pulling power. Like mahesh said it did about 11-12kmpl in city and about 14kmpl out station.

Edited by Reckless

16(in 1996) years back we had a trad sunny(half light model) 17-XXXX full option super saloon, silver color car.it came with four wheel drive option too..(4WD)..trad sunny is a good comfortable car.still its a nice car(if it well maintained one)interior is also very good.it seems like luxuary car.still i like that model.it did 11-14 km per 1ltr in outstation as i can remember..hw ever check that is it a 4WD car.the market value is bit low than the normal one.in 1996 we got it for 3.20/=

Edited by osanda19

• 9 years later...
19 hours ago, FazalFariz said:

Can anyone explain how the term TRAD came up? I couldn't find details online as the term TRAD always show results from Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankans are known for making up wierd names for cars...but TRAD Sunny came straight out of Japan.

In Japan it was marketed as the TRAD Sunny...TRAD being the wierd Japanese-cool abbreviation for TRADITIONAL.

The tradition of the Sunny was to be a mid-sized family sedan that offered best in class features and comfort that was on the edge of contemporary technology. If you look at B210/211, B310 Sunny you will realise that they are much more engaging, had far better technical advances and features than that of its competitiors such as the Corolla and the Lancer.  However, with the B11 series Sunny, the tradition of Sunny was felt to be lost. It was small, did not look beautiful, felt cheap. In fact it felt more like an entry level sedan and people drew similarities with the Datsun Cherry. With the B12 Sunny Nissan wanted to go back to the old tradition of the sunny...so they started a PR campaign titles TRAD Sunny.

Phonecard: Trad Sunny (NTT, Japan) (110-011-Cars) Col:JP-110-011-car-0250

Showa era 60 year #B12 Nissan trad Sunny catalog ^ Nissan HB12 HNB12 WSB12  DX GL SGL super saloon 1500 1300 1.5 L California : Real Yahoo auction  sallingSunny [B12 previous term Showa era 60 year simple catalog 19 page ] sedan /  hatchback / California trad Sunny : Real Yahoo auction salling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1