• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car Owned

The Annoying Guy

Well, Mokie made it back to France from the UK after works were 95% completed, in time for the IMMM (International Mini Moke Meet) which I organised in the Pyrenees, where we live.
A few minor things left to do, big oil leak sorted, and refurbished unleaded cylinder head ordered, to be licked up next week (hand luggage on plane). Next plans are to change the 8.4" front disc brakes back to the original drums and then fit 10" steel wheels as she would have had back in the day. Currently the wiring loom is half Mk1 and half later to make it work. Will fit Dynator and Dummy control box to replace alternator - get looks right and be able to use the rest of Mk1 wiring loom, fit Mk1 steering column with green light on indicator stalk - although I will keep the twin wipers instead of that pretty but useless single FW2😆 - I do want Moke to stay practical and usable. Finally, driving in the mountains does make Moke run v hot. I will fit a Mini heater core behind the front grill. I have opted for heater hose tappings on the head so will effectively have a 2nd radiator and will fit wire controlled heater valve to be able to inject a few liters of cold water into the system. 2 weeks ago we saw 42 degrees C. Keep you posted.

Mokie1.jpeg

Mokie2.jpeg

Mokie3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1