• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

Audi re-wrote the history books by becoming the first manufacturer to win Le Mans with hybrid technology.

Hats off to Audi mechanics who repaired Mcnish's car from potential race ending damages and got the car running in 5 mins.

MINIACE

Nice to see how the repair work was done at the Audi garages and they set some almost retirements back into the track,

And the way that the drivers didn't give up,

Even Dumans was also saved by the crew.

Wait till our own CALI hears about the E-tron victory.

At least they haven't used an ugly hybrid badge on it like toyota had done.

Worst race ever :( Both Vettel AND Hamilton non-finishers. I bet there will be some heavy drinking tonight by them. Maldonado needs to be penalized for that, he was still overtaking once he was off the track. And this is not the first time he has deliberately crashed into Hami either. Alonso had a ton of luck this race, considering how he didn't even make it to Q2. Schumacher was just in the right place at the right time.

Edited by terrabytetango

What an eventful race that was.... I wont face Hamilton for the rest of the week if i was Maldonado :) .. surely Maldonado should be penalized.. But on the other hand, awesome driving by Alonso.... and not to mention Schumi, it been ages since he was in the podium....

Still trying to figure out WTF has happened to Button!

Hell yeah!...Alonso,A class apart...Luck has nothing to do with it,Although he was P11(due to poor judgement by the team) the car was competitive and he paced himself in the race brilliantly.The retirements,the shoddy pit stops,the crashes are nothing but short comings of other teams.The only thing remotely lucky was the safety car and he took that to full advantage and jumped Grosjean.

Great to see the old guard,Schumi,Alonso and Kimi back together on the podium.Valencia finally delivers an exciting race.

01. Alonso Ferrari 1h44:16.449

02. Raikkonen Lotus-Renault + 6.421

03. Schumacher Mercedes + 12.639

04. Webber R*D B*LL-Renault + 13.628

05. Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes + 19.993

06. Rosberg Mercedes + 21.176

07. Di Resta Force India-Mercedes + 22.886

08. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 24.653

09. Perez Sauber-Ferrari + 27.777

10. Maldonado Williams-Renault + 34.630

11. Senna Williams-Renault + 35.900

12. Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 37.000

13. Petrov Caterham-Renault + 1:15.871

14. Kovalainen Caterham-Renault + 1:34.654

15. Pic Marussia-Cosworth + 1:36.565

16. Massa Ferrari + 1 lap

17. De la Rosa HRT-Cosworth + 1 lap

18. Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth + 1 lap

19. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 2 laps

Did Not FinishGrosjean Lotus-Renault 41

Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault 34

Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 34

Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 27

Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1

Here is the quote

Pastor Maldonado : "Lewis Hamilton tried to push me out of the track, and he didn't leave any room to stay and do the corner side by side. I jump over the kerb and couldn't avoid him. I don't know why he drove like that. He was completely lost, at that moment, I was getting very good pace. It's difficult to say but he tried a very aggressive movement on me."

I get the feeling this guy is a very "ME, ME, ME" chap. A real prima donna.

Alonso had a ton of luck this race, considering how he didn't even make it to Q2.

Luck had nothing to do with it - he just mows through the field - time and again - and paces the race brilliantly. He never over-committed the car and the tires, except for that one time where he had to expand the gap with Grosjean. The race shows how much he has settled down and how much Ferrari has improved the car from March.

It was fantastic to see those 3 up at the podium although the Hamilton-Maldanaldo incident was unfortunate.

Wonder what happened to the # 1 car ....

No doubt Alonso would have placed podium, but the only reason he placed 1st was because Grosjean's car crapped out. Had it not, I believe he would have taken it all the way home.

Recanted

Edited by terrabytetango

No doubt Alonso would have placed podium, but the only reason he placed 1st was because Grosjean's car crapped out. Had it not, I believe he would have taken it all the way home.

err didn't you see Alonso pass Grosjean on turn 1 after after the safety car?...way before his retirement.

Fantastic race. Nando deserved the victory. I used to dislike him before when he seemed quite arrogant. Now he seems the captain of calmness and very mature. I would say there was an element of luck with the safety car incident and Seb's car packing up. However give the guy half a chance and he grabs it with both hands. :grinning-smiley-003:

Must have been a nice warm feeling on the podium for Nando flanked by two former Scuderia world champs. What really Ferrari needs is qualifying pace.

Maldo needs a good spanking but I think Lewis should have just given way given his lack of grip at that point, something a driver like Nando would have done.

Massa - What bad luck.....

Maldo needs a good spanking but I think Lewis should have just given way given his lack of grip at that point, something a driver like Nando would have done.

Hamilton has been behaving much more civilised this season. He allowed Grosjean to pass without any fuss. Last year, he would have banged tires been way more aggressive. Maldonado was already off the track, I don't think Hamilton should have given him any space, it was up to Pasta to enter the track behind him. Also Pasta has been handed a 20 second penalty for the whole incident. But honestly, too little too late :(

Edited by terrabytetango

Fantastic race. Nando deserved the victory. I used to dislike him before when he seemed quite arrogant. Now he seems the captain of calmness and very mature. I would say there was an element of luck with the safety car incident and Seb's car packing up. However give the guy half a chance and he grabs it with both hands. :grinning-smiley-003:

I don't think he'll ever lose the arrogance, but then, I'm sure you don't become a double World Champ by being a wimp. Too much of a drama queen and prima donna to cheer for him, and part of it probably the Spanish in him, but I think there is no denying he is one of the best drivers in the field today in terms of sheer ability. I still dislike him, but can't help but respect him.

In team sports, you get those teams that perform at a level that is greater than the sum of the parts due to team work. Alonso in a car is like that, performs above what the sum of the parts would seem to indicate.

I don't think he'll ever lose the arrogance, but then, I'm sure you don't become a double World Champ by being a wimp. Too much of a drama queen and prima donna to cheer for him, and part of it probably the Spanish in him, but I think there is no denying he is one of the best drivers in the field today in terms of sheer ability. I still dislike him, but can't help but respect him.

In team sports, you get those teams that perform at a level that is greater than the sum of the parts due to team work. Alonso in a car is like that, performs above what the sum of the parts would seem to indicate.

Agree with everything except your first sentence Peri. I definitely think his arrogance has toned down a lot although his arrogance was no wehere near some other drivers past and present. And I think almost anyone would have got cocky at that age taking on and beating MS. Not being arrogant does not make one a wimp imo and arrogance isn't a neccessity to win a world title as many many past world champions have proved.

Anyway interesting rumours flying around about Ferrari's future line-up, with Stefano saying that Alo and Vettel can "work together". :unsure: .

Anyway interesting rumours flying around about Ferrari's future line-up, with Stefano saying that Alo and Vettel can "work together". :unsure: .

Yeah and there are rumours of Hamilton joining the Scuderia aswell,Lewis' camp must be spreading these rumours themselves cos he's up for contract negotians later this year with Dennis.,.So I don't think either will happen.Most likely they'll sign Webber or keep Massa for 2013 untill Perez,Jules Bianchi or Kubica takes over for 2014...I don't mind seeing Grosjean in a Ferrari too.

Sad news http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/9376473/Marussia-test-driver-Maria-de-Villota-loses-right-eye-after-surgery-to-address-serious-head-and-facial-injuries.html

There goes any chance of a women driving an F1 car in the near future.Almost 20 years since the last one I think.

On a more happier note Roman Grosjean got married to F1 journalist Marian Jolles earlier this week...lucky guy!shes super hot.

Silverstone this weekend.

Team Lotus is all geared up for Silverstone with Dark knight rises :)

http://www.f1fanatic...tu-silv-2012-4/

Lotus really is putting a lot of effort into connecting with fans and using social media. They constantly update on G+. Heck they even have a custom Angry Birds game out.

BTW, G+ is a really good way to follow F1. They are in it in a big way. The official page constantly puts out updates, especially during race weekends, and a whole pile of stuff during races. Good way to follow if you aren't near a TV, and have a smart phone/tab. The official F1 app for Android (which was pretty good) went into paid mode, so its no longer an option.

Managed to catch the last part of the GP.Alonso,Webber,Grosjean were great.Welcome back to the old Felipe Massa we love.Stupid ESPN cut to commercials on the worst possible times.

BTW they've started airing these 'toons before the GPs on Sky Sports,apparently all the animating are done by McLaren themselves.

Kobeyashi was fined Euro 25,000 by Silverstone FIA stewards despite his apologising to Sauber team .Heard all three mechanics suffered only minor injuries. Maldonado was also fined by stewards after investigating the accident involved Perez. Maldonado was adjusted to have caused the collision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPDUcOW7Lk

MINIACE

Kobeyashi was fined Euro 25,000 by Silverstone FIA stewards despite his apologising to Sauber team .Heard all three mechanics suffered only minor injuries. Maldonado was also fined by stewards after investigating the accident involved Perez. Maldonado was adjusted to have caused the collision.

I think Kobeyashi's fine is justified as it's a serious safety issue irrespective of injuries. What's with Pasta though? Good talent wasted by not having a rational head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPDUcOW7Lk

MINIACE

I cannot seems to understand the penalty criteria of FIA, see last time when Pasta & Hamilton crashed in Valencia no one was fined, but this time Pasta was fined for Euro 10k... kind of inconsistency don’t you think?