• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

No Qualifying/repeat, race day or chequered flag on telly for us :( Only olympics.

Since they hv 3 general sports channels one can hope that they could manage to find space - but not to be!

It's mainly because the bloody Indians want to see their archers shoot repeat 7's :P

My blood is at 99 degrees and about to boil,

I'm referring the bad language dictionary to post on gr*dz*ne of e*pn. if they leave behind the race.

I got late for an appointment yesterday only to see some cyclists waging their a*ses on the road in the Olympics.

some one should run them over to make watching cycling fun.

I don't watch TV that much and the main reason for subscribing satellite is to watch F1,

BTW we should all complain about this on the st*r sp*rt site.

@ stig

thank you very much. Is this for live streaming,

Well at least they showed the race. Hamilton fans should be happy that he's back, Lotus should be very happy indeed that the car seems to be delivering and both the drivers making a point.

I didn't watch the entire race; just the first 10 laps and the last 15 or so (due to some family nonsense)... but from what I saw, relatively less excitement compared to early season - was it?

yey Hami ^_^ And I was hoping Grosjean would come in 2nd. Were their roles switched around, Kimmy would have rammed Grosjean where Grosjean gave way to Kimmy. And in other news, Pasta was once again sent to the principal's office.

Edited by terrabytetango

Well at least they showed the race. Hamilton fans should be happy that he's back, Lotus should be very happy indeed that the car seems to be delivering and both the drivers making a point.

I didn't watch the entire race; just the first 10 laps and the last 15 or so (due to some family nonsense)... but from what I saw, relatively less excitement compared to early season - was it?

It was all tire strategy this time around. By the last 20 laps, all the pitstops were done with. I miss making fun of McLaren's pit stop strategies though :/

It was quite a boring race for me, but wasn’t until Kimi came to the action and moved up to the 2nd place and boy! That pit exit he did while his team mate Grosjean was trying to take his place was simply awesome! Iceman showed that he will never give up on his place not even to his team mate…. Hats off to the Iceman! Superb stuff!

Edited by Simplelife

yey Hami ^_^ And I was hoping Grosjean would come in 2nd. Were their roles switched around, Kimmy would have rammed Grosjean where Grosjean gave way to Kimmy. And in other news, Pasta was once again sent to the principal's office.

They say Pasta has now got a loyalty card with the stewards :D

Yes i also found it some what less exciting,

a reason may be that I'm an alonso fan

But waited to see some wheel to wheel between the black and gold team mates but didn't happen,

it's fishy the way Romain backed off, looks like team orders,

well it's reasonable as lotus is not in a status to lose 2 podium places.

And thought that iceman was waiting to catch hami in the last laps, waiting for some action there but didn't happen may be Narain's yellow flag had something to do with it.

Also the birthday boy was a lazy driver today.

Iceman's tires were shot by the time the last laps rolled around. Hami controlled the lead all the way through, making sure Kimmy was more than a second behind during the last laps so that DRS would not work for him.

• 1 month later...

Spa quali results(after penalties).Button looking good for the win with his new rear wing,but lookout for Raikkonen and Alonso....

1. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes

2. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari

3. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault

4. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari

5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari

6. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault

7. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes

8. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault

9. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes

10. Sebastian Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault

11. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes

12. Mark Webber R*D B*LL-Renault

13. Michael Schumacher Mercedes

14. Felipe Massa Ferrari

15. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari

16. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari

17. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault

18. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault

19. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault

20. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth

21. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth

22. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth

23. Nico Rosberg Mercedes

24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth

The first few laps would be interesting with Pasta, Kobayashi and Perez (and Grosjean) adding spice to the battles at the top. A lot of these guys are really fast - even if not for a whole race - so we should see some nice racing. Anyways, (especially with the Pirelli's) the Spa proves to be a wonderful place for overtaking.

One race ban and that moron is still not humble enough to acknowledge his mistake or apologize to the drivers affected. That'll be the way forward for F1 then ... sigh.

Now, Pasta is safely tucked in the back at Italy with his 10 place penalty .. it would hv been nice if the same was dished out to RG in Singapore instead of 50k euros .. :D

One race ban and that moron is still not humble enough to acknowledge his mistake or apologize to the drivers affected. That'll be the way forward for F1 then ... sigh.

Now, Pasta is safely tucked in the back at Italy with his 10 place penalty .. it would hv been nice if the same was dished out to RG in Singapore instead of 50k euros .. :D

What do you mean? He made a very pretty apology. Dunno if its his own or written for him by the team, but...

What do you mean? He made a very pretty apology. Dunno if its his own or written for him by the team, but...

https://plus.google....sts/XAFpSvRFAv4

Oh thanks ... the article I read (@ eurosports) omitted the very last part of it where he apologizes to drivers and fans (that's media for you!). Anyhow 90% of his statement is a justification, nicely written though.

Edited by vishkid

Srsly, if I were in Alonso's place I would have soiled my pants. I mean having a car sail over you, inches from your face has got to be fkn crazy. I believe Grosjean is for the most part a gracious person. Had this been someone like Kimi or Alonso, there would no doubt have been blows exchanged.

Edit: But yey~ for Button he drove a stupendous race, and I have to admit my (exceedingly) grudging admiration for how Vettel managed to make the best of a bad situation like always, with just one pit stop no less.

Edited by terrabytetango