• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

Alonso's crew made a bad choice on the tire scene. Even Vettel realized this and went in for a tire change on the 63rd lap. Had he done this earlier, he would've for sure placed on the podium. The fact that Grossjean got 2nd place with just one pit-stop was a pure fluke because he wasnt pushing his tires anywhere near as hard as Vettel and Alonso were. Kudos to Hamilton for driving the cleanest race ever this season and biding his time. I just wish McLaren would polish up their pit procedures, they very nearly futzed it up this time as well, he lost a clear second in that second pitstop. I believe the reason for the tire strategy miscalculation was the track temperature, and the red tires wore out much sooner than anticipated because the weather was much hotter than qualifying day.

• Like 2

I think I had a sort of a 'cat' nap from lap 45 to 63 or so ... what a difference during that time! Surely, Ferrari and RBR should hv realized the tire dynamics sooner.

Ferrari and RBR were trying to do a one stopper like Perez and Grosjean but they stopped too early on the first stint to do that and the tyres "went over the cliff' as they say after lap 60.But I like how they went for the win when they easily could have gotten 2nd and 3rd if they'd pitted with HAM,I hope this doesn't deter them from being aggressive with the tyre strategy in the future.It makes for good racing.

Button? WTF???

Anyways Montreal delivers yet again,super race!...but next up is the snooze fest,Valencia.

• Like 1

Seb Vettel does Letterman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsc_62uNcKI

Button must have been thinking that he won the lastMontreal becuase he pitted 6 times and tried to do it in a 6 stop strategy :D

haha...

Something is terribly wrong with his setup,tyres and his driving style combination.that's the fourth race in a row where he has gone backwards.

Edited by MasterDon

Another ex F1 driver Anthony Davidson(Super Aguri team,remember them?) crashes his Toyota,The Ferrari guy is totally at fault bugger must have been asleep lol but all the same Davidson didn't flash his lights when overtaking the lower class guy as is customary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHlVP1Rjfc

Very scary..yes its both Davidson's and Perazzini's fault. :o

This simply shows you dont need wings or R*D B*LL to fly :lol:

MINIACE

Just under 3 hours to go.All the works LMP1 Toyotas are out.The Audi's are 1,2,3 and 4 but 2 of the cars have crashed within in minutes of each other.Looks like atleast one Lola will make it to the podium.The salamander like Nissan delta wing is also out.

Edited by MasterDon

Audi re-wrote the history books by becoming the first manufacturer to win Le Mans with hybrid technology.

Hats off to Audi mechanics who repaired Mcnish's car from potential race ending damages and got the car running in 5 mins.

MINIACE