• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

406 Vs Gen 2

DUMINDU

Hello, " ALWAYS... I mean ALWAYS look for the 1.6 litre version Brand New imported one. Avoid the Singapore imported cars and 1.3ltr cars like the plague"

why 1.3 ones are not good :), i thought due to the low engine capacity 1.3<1.6 fuel consumption will be lower. can you please explain bit more about this issue, and plus both 1.3 ones and 1.6 ones are selling at almost same price. and how to identified whether its imported from singapore or not, ?

Gen2 is a heavy car. Even 1.6 engine is not powerful enough for that car. 1.3 engine is good if u drive like a grandma.

your belief of smaller engine giving better fuel economy is a myth! In most cases, 1.5 versions of the same car gives better fuel economy than the 1.3 because it gives better power to weight ratio.

All Reconditioned Gen2s are singapore-imports. In some cases, the registration book may give country of origin as Japan but that's false info. Go for a Gen2 which is imported Brand New.

Also if you are concerned about fuel economy, Gen2 is not the car for you. No matter what the seller says, Gen2 will NEVER do more than 9. A likely figure (which I have verified with the agent's service advisor) is 7-8km/ltr.