• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volvo S40

SMadu

My uncle has a Volvo S40 Turbo diesel (manufacturing year 2000) bought brand new.

Within one year there was a failure in engine and agent replaced a new engine at free of cost under warranty (they replaced engines of 8 cars due to same fault). But even with new engine we could run about 40,000km and had to overhaul. (But fuel economy of this engine is very good.)

It is very comfortable car with strong body and gives you very good driving pleasure, but gave a lot of troubles. Parts also rare and very expensive.

But I heard that petrol one is running well. (Please check)

My personal view is better to go with a good Japanese vehicle.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so rather than create a new thread I awoke this. A friend has recently acquired an S40, and wants to carry out a sympathetic restoration of it. The car has been abused quite a bit by the previous owner (his friend), and there's damage to some parts of the interior trim e.g door hand grip unseated from arm rest, air vent trim cracked, door glass garnish/beading unseated and bulging out to name a few.

So the question is, is there any place he can go about finding replacements for these bits and pieces, other than the agent?

Good thing my friend's one is a MY2000 model and runs perfectly well even now. I've driven it myself. He just wants to get the trim and and everything done up to make it presentable again.