• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Q] Axio Cvt Transmissions

terrabytetango

So I'm looking at Corolla Axios these days, and was wondering do the CVT trannies have the familiar "creep" of regular slushboxes? I have found it of immense use, especially when trying to ease out of boxed in situations with only inches to work with, and have come to the conclusion that it falls between the 2nd and 3rd tiers of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Not sure machang. I know for a fact that the EK3 VTi I had a some years back with CVT did not creep on D and idle. Not sure on how these Axios work. But I think that it would not.

@VVTi when you tapped the gas a bit to roll forward a few feet when in traffic, did your Civic sort of lurch forward, or was it smooth?

@terrabyte I thought you had a manual vios?

I haven't noticed any creep/jagger in my relatives axio fielder CVT.

@reckless nope mine is one of the few YOM 2005 autos with fabric seats minus silver interior trim. And factory body kit to boot. I think I got lucky with this one. And in fact, it's the 141 Fielder I'm really interested in. I saw a very nice black example today in the parking lot opposite the Lakehouse.

yep. these cvt boxes do have a "creep" function. but the best thing about this gearbox is kick down in the s mode. the way it lurches forward is pretty unnerving for a vehicle with so little power and so much weight to lug around.

I'm happy you are going for fielder cos personally I think that has way more character than the saloon. but as interesting as it looks from the outside the interior is unbelievably bland.