• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What This Pajero Model Is So Cheap?

lahiru_carlover

Question

JDNet, could you explain what happened to the fuel pump (as in what were the symptoms) and how long did the replacement last? I assumed it got clogged up so you managed to dismantle it, clean it and make it operational again?

Loss of fuel pressure

Check engine light

Stalling

Basically I took the whole pump apart.

Sprayed all the passages in it with carb cleaner.

Then increased the fuel pressure. There's a little torx screw on the side of it which can be used to increase the pressure.

Can't remember the figures of the pressure at the moment since this was quite a few months ago so i'll have to get back to you on that.

The replacement lasted about three months till it showed the typical signs of a bad HP pump. CEL flickering every once in a while and misfiring randomly.

Haven't had any problems in the months following the repair.

• Like 1

BTW the trick is to check the fuel pressure readings before doing the repair and then after. If the readings are up it has made a difference. If there is a small change from the optimal pressure you can use the adjusting screw.

Edited by jdnet

1. I guess it takes a retard to know a retarded one :lol: (ur an expert@that)

listen dumba$$ the only retarded one here is you for telling someone that the GDI is a failed technology because some equally retarded grease monkey at unimo told you so. I bet you've never owned a GDI vehicle right? before comming up with your expert o pinions I think it would be wise for you to actually research the technology and drive a GDI vehicle and a non-gdi of the same model and year.

Unlike retards like yourself, I don't base my opinions on things that some monkey at unimo says or pull facts out of my a$$. I actually have driven the vehicles,. work on them with my two hands and own one.

It's dumba$$es like you who go about bashing good vehicles based on things that you heard from your neighbour after his friend told him. Yet when you have a massive repair to do on your POS corolla, that's fine because it's a toyota. And unlike people like you I don't go around calling my vehicle a marvellous peice of technology just because I own it and then bitch about what a POS it was after you sell it. If you asked me about my other vehicle I would tell you all about the problems in that.

Next time when you come up with useless facts such as those that a retard at unimo told you to, I would suggest you keep them to yourself. Just because thhey work at the agents does not mean they have brains, or commonsense for that matter. Infact i've seen more idiots working at a lot of the agents than anywhere else.

• Like 1

listen dumba$$ the only retarded one here is you for telling someone that the GDI is a failed technology because some equally retarded grease monkey at unimo told you so. I bet you've never owned a GDI vehicle right? before comming up with your expert o pinions I think it would be wise for you to actually research the technology and drive a GDI vehicle and a non-gdi of the same model and year.

Unlike retards like yourself, I don't base my opinions on things that some monkey at unimo says or pull facts out of my a$$. I actually have driven the vehicles,. work on them with my two hands and own one.

It's dumba$$es like you who go about bashing good vehicles based on things that you heard from your neighbour after his friend told him. Yet when you have a massive repair to do on your POS corolla, that's fine because it's a toyota. And unlike people like you I don't go around calling my vehicle a marvellous peice of technology just because I own it and then bitch about what a POS it was after you sell it. If you asked me about my other vehicle I would tell you all about the problems in that.

Next time when you come up with useless facts such as those that a retard at unimo told you to, I would suggest you keep them to yourself. Just because thhey work at the agents does not mean they have brains, or commonsense for that matter. Infact i've seen more idiots working at a lot of the agents than anywhere else.

Oooohh did i hurt ur feelings or is it just u want to hv the last saying hmm? ^_^

i know what JD stands for now :lol:

btw honestly thought after ur valuable input of ur expertise in handling a GDI engine that u might hv the decency to understand what "pardon me" stood for and i should hv done a little search n got back to it but due to my line of wrk i was not able to.

but usually if i post something i usually follow up on the thread.

i think there was a post on FB on shouldn't be arguing with a woman guess its kinda like that nw... it just never ends... so i won't here after... but m pretty sure people who read this post n followed up on few others surely will know who the retard n dumbass is.

Oh i don't hv a corolla but maybe you did...explains why ur cranky so much :rolleyes:

So do try nt to wet ur pants... and stop being a bad excuse of a member... If m not techy on cars and i gave wrong info and you hv some valuable info that can correct me do share them ( in a non-retarded way) so others can benefit from it and i too can hv a better idea about it.

if can't understand let me put it simply coz i cant be bothered arguing with u...

"Mata samaa wenna" or "தயவு செய்து" or "I'm sorry" or if that doesn't work shove it up etc :P

• Like 1

Oh yeah... m sure u hv much greater knowledge on these types of cars more than me and its excellent of you...much respect on that.

i'm not deep into mechanical side of taking things apart. if you could have not wasted time by being a J.D u could have given the guy who posted plus me and the rest who reads these post some much needed info rather than wasting ur time.

along my trainings that i go for i wish i had that time to learn all these mechanical knowledge without just going on the net... apart from liking a B4, Civic,GT n Mazda the best car i hv gone in is an Ariel (mind u i didn't drive it).

so do keep up the good post and try not to be a prat n show it off too ;)

Anyway, back to the Mistsu io ......couple of things about these baby suvs.....for some reason they weren't a big production run with Mistsu over the years,,,,,,GDI engines are a bit of a bugger for coking up and having issues with injectors, I hear, so can be a drain on the pocket when things go wrong . But apart from that, owners seem to say that they are a real little 4-wheel drive truck. Recommendation? Talk to some owners about their ownership experiences, go into the buy open-eyed, enjoy!

PS

Gotta say, can't believe the prices people pay for vehicles like these in SL. Was look at some in Oz going for around R I million or less. Ah well, maybe there's some logic behind it all........