• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs1 (1300Cc) Has No Enough Power To Carry Load???

bluejay.net

Hi all,

I resided to buy a Lancer CS1 2001/2003 model. And finalized my decision,also inspected 2,3 cars but in-between

i got a bad news by my friend called it has no enough power to carry loaded passengers and loads. Specially in mountain ares.

As well as the fuel consumption feel higher.

I followed all autolanka forums regarding this. But I need more info specially by cs1 users.

But I love that car much.

-Thank You

• Like 1

Did you test drive it? Try a test drive yourself with four people in the car and make your decision. It's normal for everyone to offer their opinions when someone they know wnat to buy a car, That doesnt mean they are always right!

1.3ltr cars are generally underpowered, but having used a CS1, I can say its better than other 1.3ltr cars.

• Like 1

Did you test drive it? Try a test drive yourself with four people in the car and make your decision. It's normal for everyone to offer their opinions when someone they know wnat to buy a car, That doesnt mean they are always right!

1.3ltr cars are generally underpowered, but having used a CS1, I can say its better than other 1.3ltr cars.

Thanks Crosswind to yr true heart opinion.

Hi mate..

I drive a CS1 for the last 2 & half years, im really happy about it... well it doesn't pull like other cars which are having 1500cc engines. But it does very well in its segment. The car is big and spacious.

I've driven it to Reverston with 4 people on. Did over 155 kmph on E1 with 4 people on. Was able to keep up with a Montero, Rexton and a L200 From vauniya to Kurunegala (Speed around 100-110) with 4 people on. And was able to keep up with a Pajero & a Corolla 121 from Kataragama to Marara with 5 people on, also i was able to go to hambantota from Kalutara in 5 hours with four people on (no E01 at that time) etc...

in all these tours the car had trunk full of baggage's. What i wanna say is that even though the car does not pull like 1.5 / 1.6 & 2 L cars, this give you enough power to do your day to day travelling without a hassle. Car does around 10 in the city and 13 - 14 in outstations (if you maintain the RPM @ 2000). Car did about 11-12 in the above trips which i have mentioned. Mainly because i kept a high speed through out.

On a side note, i've heard that CS3 with 1.6 engine does very well on fuel while giving a very good power,, Anyway, both cars are very good & reliable rides.. if you could spend extra buck go for the CS3 else, CS1 is a very good car for a lesser amount..

Hope this helps,,,

All the best mate... :)

Edited by trinity
  • Like 3

Hi mate..

I drive a CS1 for the last 2 & half years, im really happy about it... well it doesn't pull like other cars which are having 1500cc engines. But it does very well in its segment. The car is big and spacious.

I've driven it to Reverston with 4 people on. Did over 155 kmph on E1 with 4 people on. Was able to keep up with a Montero, Rexton and a L200 From vauniya to Kurunegala (Speed around 100-110) with 4 people on. And was able to keep up with a Pajero & a Corolla 121 from Kataragama to Marara with 5 people on, also i was able to go to hambantota from Kalutara in 5 hours with four people on (no E01 at that time) etc...

in all these tours the car had trunk full of baggage's. What i wanna say is that even though the car does not pull like 1.5 / 1.6 & 2 L cars, this give you enough power to do your day to day travelling without a hassle. Car does around 10 in the city and 13 - 14 in outstations (if you maintain the RPM @ 2000). Car did about 11-12 in the above trips which i have mentioned. Mainly because i kept a high speed through out.

On a side note, i've heard that CS3 with 1.6 engine does very well on fuel while giving a very good power,, Anyway, both cars are very good & reliable rides.. if you could spend extra buck go for the CS3 else, CS1 is a very good car for a lesser amount..

Hope this helps,,,

All the best mate... :)

Hi,

Thank for yr kind enough answer.this is a realy good answer to my bothering.

your car year and engine type?

I used a CS1 manual for 4 years with out any trouble, used it to go to Nuwara Eliya and back every week for over 2 years with 4 guys with a week load of luggage. Only time the car feels under powered is Radella climb.

With time you get used to make gear changes to get the optimum from the engines 90 bhp, which actually is not far from what you get in average 1.5 (105 bhp for the Corolla 110)

It use to give me 12 km/l with all that hard driving.

I used a CS1 manual for 4 years with out any trouble, used it to go to Nuwara Eliya and back every week for over 2 years with 4 guys with a week load of luggage. Only time the car feels under powered is Radella climb.

With time you get used to make gear changes to get the optimum from the engines 90 bhp, which actually is not far from what you get in average 1.5 (105 bhp for the Corolla 110)

It use to give me 12 km/l with all that hard driving.

Hey Kush,

Thanks for the support