• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Fluctuating Idle Rpm Issue

civicferio

To be honest I'm a bit baffled by this. When the AC engages, the ECU or the AC Ecu sends a signal to the ICV to increase the RPM. But that should not be different if the AC engages more frequently or less frequently, I mean the idle should remain stable and predictable.

well yeah machan.I checked the IACV there's was no problem in that.cleaning the IACV or replacing it with another dint fix the problem.anyways to give u a detail explanation on how the condenser not being big enough relates to the RPM issue,i dont have a sound mechanical knowledge bro.i hope some pro here should be able shed some light on that matter.I was just asked to do it and i did.the problem solved so i shared it amongst us thinking it would help some one else too. :D

guys my idle rpm issue is almost solved now.but at times i get it but not as much as i used to get and its not so severe.the problem was the AC condenser.apparently the original AC condenser which comes for the ek3 is not big enough hence the compressor works continuously.this might give bad fuel figures too.i replaced the condenser and everything seems quite ok.relieved! :D

yes man, nice to hear that you have solved problem. i'm also asked to do this modification. need to find some extra money. :D

machan how much you spent for this AC modification.

machan it costed 18300 for the entire thing.brand new condenser.re-gassing,nitrogen leak test and servicing of the entire AC unit.ah also additioinal horse some smalll small stuff.

ic.... so the problem was the condenser, good to know that condenser too can cause this problem. Thanks for sharing this mate. :)

• Like 1

guys my idle rpm issue is almost solved now.but at times i get it but not as much as i used to get and its not so severe.the problem was the AC condenser.apparently the original AC condenser which comes for the ek3 is not big enough hence the compressor works continuously.this might give bad fuel figures too.i replaced the condenser and everything seems quite ok.relieved! :D

I doubt this, since the original condenser could not cause any problems as such, because its the factory fitted one and the its size was the exact match for your car machan. maybe your original condenser was faulty I think.... :pardon:

Edited by kushan
  • Like 1

I doubt this, since the original condenser could not cause any problems as such, because its the factory fitted one and the its size was the exact match for your car machan. maybe your original condenser was faulty I think.... :pardon:

If he lived in Japan, your logic is flawless. JDM Hondas have a smaller condenser because Japan isn't tropical! Hence the issue.

Explains why he's not the only guy with the problem and why there's a specific dual core condenser made for this fault

• Like 1

If he lived in Japan, your logic is flawless. JDM Hondas have a smaller condenser because Japan isn't tropical! Hence the issue.

Explains why he's not the only guy with the problem and why there's a specific dual core condenser made for this fault

yeah im also having the same problem, so thats why the previous owner of my vehicle has fitted a dual core condenser to it then....., most of the vehicles in our country are JDM vehicles, so you think all of those vehicle's condensers are not suit for our country climate and change or make it as dual core.. just a thought. :)

• Like 1

yeah im also having the same problem, so thats why the previous owner of my vehicle has fitted a dual core condenser to it then....., most of the vehicles in our country are JDM vehicles, so you think all of those vehicle's condensers are not suit for our country climate and change or make it as dual core.. just a thought. :)

For some cars there is no space to put a dual core so fitters opt for a single core but larger condensers. Some cars actually have condensers big enough even though they are JDM vehicles.

• 2 months later...