• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Check Light

hades6

Question

14 answers to this question

Mate according to your post before the edit you experienced Check engine warning and car is in Limp mode.

First you must take her to a garage with a suitable scanner to pinpoint the error codes to attend.

You can try battery wires disconnect for 5 mins and see if you can fool the system. Please note that if the system restores to normal ,That will not magically heal the problem.

Where do you live? where is the car ?

MINIACE

Mate according to your post before the edit you experienced Check engine warning and car is in Limp mode.

First you must take her to a garage with a suitable scanner to pinpoint the error codes to attend.

You can try battery wires disconnect for 5 mins and see if you can fool the system. Please note that if the system restores to normal ,That will not magically heal the problem.

Where do you live? where is the car ?

MINIACE

Thanks for the reply :) Stay in Kolpity, the cars with me...any help would be much appreciated.

Mate according to your post before the edit you experienced Check engine warning and car is in Limp mode. First you must take her to a garage with a suitable scanner to pinpoint the error codes to attend. You can try battery wires disconnect for 5 mins and see if you can fool the system. Please note that if the system restores to normal ,That will not magically heal the problem. Where do you live? where is the car ? MINIACE
I have the same problem. Can I know a good place where I can get the Sensor changed? T*yo*ta Lanka said I have to either replace or clean it. But there price is very high.

My car is a Toyota Corolla , 110.

Edited by Batteries

Check Engine Light Sensor. One that is like a Tap (In Yellow).

Huh? You mean the light in the dashboard? The check engine light comes up to indicate these is an issue with the engine. It could be a multitude of problems. There is no such thing as a check engine sensor. The engine has many sensors like knock sensor, o2 sensor, throttle position sensor, cam position sensor, air flow sensor and the list goes on.....

Huh? You mean the light in the dashboard? The check engine light comes up to indicate these is an issue with the engine. It could be a multitude of problems. There is no such thing as a check engine sensor. The engine has many sensors like knock sensor, o2 sensor, throttle position sensor, cam position sensor, air flow sensor and the list goes on.....

Yes.T*yota Lanka said nothing wrong with the engine. I have to replace or clean “knock sensor”. Do you know any place I can go to get it done?

Well I'm taking it to Toyota Lanka tomorrow. Once I get a proper diagnostic will take it to this garage in Nawala. I think it has something to do with the radiator cause it happens only when the engine gets hot, or has been running for about an hour or two..

hi there is a good garage just pass palawatte towards thalawathugoda "priyantha motors" priyantha : 0773128577 just tell the matter he will do complete job u dont worry to findings parts but before go make an appointment or else may not take u his prices and all reasonable.(im not marketing him ..)

Well I'm taking it to Toyota Lanka tomorrow. Once I get a proper diagnostic will take it to this garage in Nawala. I think it has something to do with the radiator cause it happens only when the engine gets hot, or has been running for about an hour or two..

Mate...dont chase wild guesses... just take the car to a garage with a scanner to fix and diagnose where the problem is. Thats a simple three minute job to scan the error code and identify the culprit. Good luck!

MINIACE

Yes.T*yota Lanka said nothing wrong with the engine. I have to replace or clean “knock sensor”. Do you know any place I can go to get it done?

Mate there are various OBD codes related to Knock sensor.You can pin point where the problem is, (eg. ECM failure, Wire continuity issue, short circuit of wiring Etc). Take her to a good garage they will tell where exactly the fault is. Clean or replace is just a typical slothful answer.

MINIACE

Mate...dont chase wild guesses... just take the car to a garage with a scanner to fix and diagnose where the problem is. Thats a simple three minute job to scan the error code and identify the culprit. Good luck!

MINIACE

aite but I wanted to know for sure what was wrong with it; they said it was the 'vvti unit' and I also wanted a proper check up done. Is this a big process?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Will update it once I get fixed.

aite but I wanted to know for sure what was wrong with it; they said it was the 'vvti unit' and I also wanted a proper check up done. Is this a big process?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Will update it once I get fixed.

Mate the error code will give fault details accurately . A good technician will know how to deal with it. Very simple thing.

MINIACE