• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can You Get A New Book Made For A Mini

Gayans87

Hey Guys,

I found a Mini minor that is in a bad situation, I want to restore it to its former status....

The issue is that the Mini doesn't have the original book issued when it was first registered... What can I do..?? is it possible to obtain a new book for it through the Dep. Motor Traffic..??

Nothing has beed changed (engine ect) its all the original status as yet.... Please advise me as to what my options are...

Thanks in advance :)

So what ownership document DOES the current owner have? And how did you verify that the nothing has been changed?

If its a car thats been dumped in a garage or backyard for ages then its possible that the owner sold the book separately :P Best is to straighten all this out before making a commitment.

I assume that the car is with current owner and it is under his name. If so he has to log an entry in the nearest police stating that the book is lost/misplaced. Then he/she has to goto RMV with the police entry copy and request for a duplicate book. RMV will ask to present the car to their technical division in Narahempita. After checking the engine and chassis numbers, they will further send the car to Werahara to weigh it. Upon receiving the inspection report, the owner will be issues a duplicate registration papers. While going through this process, they will give you another form to get revenue license and insurance, if they are lapsed.

After clearing the documents, you could get the papers transferred to your name under normal transfer option. One day transfer is not possible with duplicate registration papers.

Edited by GMI
  • Like 2

So what ownership document DOES the current owner have? And how did you verify that the nothing has been changed?

If its a car thats been dumped in a garage or backyard for ages then its possible that the owner sold the book separately :P Best is to straighten all this out before making a commitment.

My thought exactly. So if your gonna get the car first find out from the owner properly about what happened to the book

I had a guy offering his Mini as a swap for my Alfa. The man to call is MiniAce, he will know about this car. Drop a PM and give him teh detail, if he knows about the car, he will tell it as it is. .

MiniAce saved me from getting in trouble :)

I assume that the car is with current owner and it is under his name. If so he has to log an entry in the nearest police stating that the book is lost/misplaced. Then he/she has to goto RMV with the police entry copy and request for a duplicate book. RMV will ask to present the car to their technical division in Narahempita. After checking the engine and chassis numbers, they will further send the car to Werahara to weigh it. Upon receiving the inspection report, the owner will be issues a duplicate registration papers. While going through this process, they will give you another form to get revenue license and insurance, if they are lapsed.

After clearing the documents, you could get the papers transferred to your name under normal transfer option. One day transfer is not possible with duplicate registration papers.

Thats a pretty comprehensive answer, but if the vehicle is not in running condition, will the RMV still issue the registration docs ? If they refuse on the grounds that the car is not road worthy will it not put the guy in bigger trouble ?

Thats a pretty comprehensive answer, but if the vehicle is not in running condition, will the RMV still issue the registration docs ? If they refuse on the grounds that the car is not road worthy will it not put the guy in bigger trouble ?

No it won't...you can even ask(for a small fee) an RMV examiner to come to your place and checkout the car,but it is better if the car is running...now STFU and let the grown ups talk.

Well that's more or less the way to do it...but nowadays all police stations are flat out refusing put an "entry" cos this method is used to to make fake books.One of the Mazdas i had legitimately lost it's "book" during the transfer and when I went to the cop shed they refused to file an entry.Luckily the OIC was a familiar chap and he sent a kossa ralahami with me to inspect the car which was in pieces(typical rotary reliability :P ) and note the neccessary digits...then only they put down the entry and handed me a copy.

• Like 1

No it won't...you can even ask(for a small fee) an RMV examiner to come to your place and checkout the car,but it is better if the car is running...now STFU and let the grown ups talk.

Well that's more or less the way to do it...but nowadays all police stations are flat out refusing put an "entry" cos this method is used to to make fake books.One of the Mazdas i had legitimately lost it's "book" during the transfer and when I went to the cop shed they refused to file an entry.Luckily the OIC was a familiar chap and he sent a kossa ralahami with me to inspect the car which was in pieces(typical rotary reliability :P ) and note the neccessary digits...then only they put down the entry and handed me a copy.

:action-smiley-033:

Road worthiness and the registration book are different things. To be road worthy, the car needs the current license and an insurance policy, plus a Warrant of Fitness in the case of a commercial vehicle and as it says, the car needs to be 'roadworthy'.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

Luckily the OIC was a familiar chap and he sent a kossa ralahami with me to inspect the car which was in pieces(typical rotary reliability :P ) and note the neccessary digits...then only they put down the entry and handed me a copy.

Thanks for answering my question.... after all you are the expert here on cars that don't run....

Hows the restoration going btw.....?

Road worthiness and the registration book are different things. To be road worthy, the car needs the current license and an insurance policy, plus a Warrant of Fitness in the case of a commercial vehicle and as it says, the car needs to be 'roadworthy'.

Thanks, got it, concern was on the issue of weighing the vehicle, if certain parts are missing they would have the right to refuse the registration. But guess with a bit of grease money anything could be done.

Thanks, got it, concern was on the issue of weighing the vehicle, if certain parts are missing they would have the right to refuse the registration. But guess with a bit of grease money anything could be done.

You are talking about the first registration. Koheda yanne, malle pol. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys... I will have to check with this guy as to if he had made a entry at the cop shop..(which I highly dough) :)

I will ask him to do so if that's the situation and will keep you guys posted with the scenario... Thanks again GMI your info was as good as it could get :)