• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spark Plug Failure

Knight Wit A K

Well the engine started to misfire and the whole car has a rhythmic shake now.. so that was my first guess.. and can feel a significant drop in the acceleration as well… will try what u said as well VVTi.. thanx

sounds more like a valve thats stuck. if you know your way around an engine take each plug out of the head and run the engine while its still attached to the lead. if all of them give out a tiny spark like an electrical short its definitely a valve issue. if so don't drive it. you might overheat and damage precious components if its on the intake side.

• Like 1

Hey,

Is it okay to drive a vehicle without all the pistons firing since I think one of my spark plugs has gone bonkers and need to repalce all of them.. it s about 10-15km drive to my garage.. please advise

'Knight Wit A K',

Remove all 4 spark plugs clean the tip of the plug with a small steal three wheeler cable wire take all carbon out, wash them with little petrol connect them to the wires without fixing on to the engine just keep them on the engine get some one to operate the starter motor then you can see them firing. If it is OK fix them back and start the engine still the problem is their then their must be some other thing on your engine get a mechanic down and test your engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Certainly it cant be all the plugs since all plugs abruptly go 'Bonkers' as you described is a one in a million situation. even if one or two seize up due ware and tare ,it will not be that momentous .

Check all ignition leads for correct sparks. if you have never done it under supervision before, DIY is not applicable.Call a technician or drive.Its ok to drive if car doesnt misfire, vibrate violently.You can judge that.

MINIACE

'Knight Wit A K',

Remove all 4 spark plugs clean the tip of the plug with a small steal three wheeler cable wire take all carbon out, wash them with little petrol connect them to the wires without fixing on to the engine just keep them on the engine get some one to operate the starter motor then you can see them firing. If it is OK fix them back and start the engine still the problem is their then their must be some other thing on your engine get a mechanic down and test your engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Certainly it cant be all the plugs since all plugs abruptly go 'Bonkers' as you described is a one in a million situation. even if one or two seize up due ware and tare ,it will not be that momentous .

Check all ignition leads for correct sparks. if you have never done it under supervision before, DIY is not applicable.Call a technician or drive.Its ok to drive if car doesnt misfire, vibrate violently.You can judge that.

MINIACE

sounds more like a valve thats stuck. if you know your way around an engine take each plug out of the head and run the engine while its still attached to the lead. if all of them give out a tiny spark like an electrical short its definitely a valve issue. if so don't drive it. you might overheat and damage precious components if its on the intake side.

Thanx a lot guys really appreciate it… I’m no petrol head so prefer it to be attended by someone who knows to meddle with engines.. I have to take it from Nugegoda to kelaniya.. will take ur advise miniace .. there is some abnormal vibration but it’s not severe … thanx again..