• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Going To Increase This Friday ?

sampath_fer

ahh still making an ass out of yourself I see. :D

and his B4 has developed a boiling issue... check the coolant thread... some CIMA/NASA number crunching :)

Sort of a scenario if an accountant was asked to do the trajectory calculation t o sling shot a probe around URANUS... :) Will end up hitting the ring of debris around URANUS... :)

guys actually goverment did not increase the taxes. But the thing is taxes are calculated by the valiation of foreigh curency. so the dollor of going up the taxes are going up. [email protected]

You are not correct.

Now two impacts are there to increase the tax amount

Just see a car 1000CC-1600CC CIF Value USD 20,000

1. Sri Lanka Rupee CIF value increase due to depreciate of Ruffiya value so you have to pay more tax.

Example (USD 1= RS 115) CIF USD 20000 * 115 * 129% duty = Custom Duty 2,967,000

(USD 1= RS 130) CIF USD 20000 * 130 * 129% duty = Custom Duty 3,354,000 (Duty Increase due to Exchange Effect RS 387,000)

2 Due to new Tax 129% to 200%

(USD 1= RS 130) CIF USD 20000 * 130 * 200% duty = Custom Duty 5,200,000(Foreign Excahne Effect SLRS 387,000+ Duty Increase 1,846,000)

• Like 2

have SUV's gone up? they dont mention it anywhere... does it fall under car category?

they have shown vans and cabs separate so i assume if they did any changes to the SUV category they would mention it in the treasury circular

have SUV's gone up? they dont mention it anywhere... does it fall under car category?

they have shown vans and cabs separate so i assume if they did any changes to the SUV category they would mention it in the treasury circular

Yes it applies to all vehicles. SUVs too.

Basically tax rates are back to the peaks they were during 07-09 plus the historically low rupee value!! Essentially vehicle prices will be at its highest in history!!!

I can now justify spending a bit on my car! can forget about upgrading anytime soon! :sport-smiley-004:

good decision, noo need of spending your hard earned money to finance the government

I think the real impasct of this increase will be felt bit later. There are plenty vehicles those have been imported to the country during last monts. But, vehicle sellers may self impose those tax increases for these already imported vehicles.

What are your openions about follwing

1. What would be the impact for locally assembled MICRO

2. People who have already opened (before 31st March) LCs to import vehicles

Can anbody cofirm that the used vehicle importatin duration reduced to one year from earlier two years limit. If so it would lead itself for price increment in the local market. I think now it is beyond the reach for a Japense vehicle in the future. Can some one give the future value for cars like AXIO, VITZ, BELTA, ALLION etc.