• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Going To Increase This Friday ?

sampath_fer

According to the ITN news, vehicle prices may go down due to shifting to Hambanthota port. They also said Hambanthota port is free from most taxes for harbor services and lessen expenses such as waiting time, car holding time in harbor.

Is it true?

ITN News + Hambanthota Port = vehicle price reduction= B A N D U L A ’s Story of Rupees 7500 :sarcastic_hand:

Simple Economics comics

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 9

good news for the people who have ordered vehicles under GVT permit...

There is no impact from this tax increase for their purchases.

If you are a government stooge, anything is good news... thanks to our tax money, they live the high life... :)

• Like 2

According to the ITN news, vehicle prices may go down due to shifting to Hambanthota port. They also said Hambanthota port is free from most taxes for harbor services and lessen expenses such as waiting time, car holding time in harbor.

Is it true?

It is not true.

They will charge all taxes for vehicles and goods eventhough it arrive to Hambantota Port.

In Hambantota Port the exemptions will apply to BOI registered companies engaged in entrepot trade involving import, minor processing and re-export, off shore business where goods can be procured from one country to be manufactured in another country and shipped to a third country without bringing them into Sri Lanka.

Refer the Sunday Times Head Line

http://sundaytimes.lk/120401/News/nws_01.html

How will they suport their families then? Who will put food on their tables? You?

You just can't ban a person's means of income just because of a few bad apples.

The 3 wheelers are as bad as any other road user in Sri Lanka, no one is better or worse than the other. So if theya re being banned, then we have to sterotype the mobike users, the ALto users, the Viva Elite users, becasue if you really try, you might be able to actually find fault with all of them too.

Don't get your knickers in a twist - no one will ban trishaws in SL in a hurry. But it's been done in other countries for certain types of vehicles and my opinion is it should happen in SL as well. There hv been some lobbying within the current government to that effect but everyone knows it's unlikely to happen due to populist vote + the difficulty in addressing the income issue of the relatively high number of trishaw users. But this group might see the fruition of banning trishaws from Colombo metro .. maybe soon, maybe later.

So it's just an opinion - shared by a few who do hv influence, nothing more :)

On overall driver discipline - the example has to come from the top and I sure hope it will come sooner rather than later. A road without trishaws might see a quick improvement in that regard due to lack of bad examples to follow, leading to less frustration, less blockages and an overall improvement in discipline.

Wont happen overnight.

Don't get your knickers in a twist - no one will ban trishaws in SL in a hurry. But it's been done in other countries for certain types of vehicles and my opinion is it should happen in SL as well. There hv been some lobbying within the current government to that effect but everyone knows it's unlikely to happen due to populist vote + the difficulty in addressing the income issue of the relatively high number of trishaw users. But this group might see the fruition of banning trishaws from Colombo metro .. maybe soon, maybe later.

So it's just an opinion - shared by a few who do hv influence, nothing more :)

On overall driver discipline - the example has to come from the top and I sure hope it will come sooner rather than later. A road without trishaws might see a quick improvement in that regard due to lack of bad examples to follow, leading to less frustration, less blockages and an overall improvement in discipline.

Wont happen overnight.

"Bows head in respect and acceptance of a finely articulated response"

:)

• Like 3

How exactly would this affect the micro sales? Hopefully it gives some them incentive to actually start manufacturing cars here..

According to a sales guy at Micro Sales center at Navayalathena Kandy, Micro prices have not gone up yet. My Father has called them today.

Simply the reply is not relevant to you, so dont waste your time by posting rubbish....

Oh dear... did I hit a nerve? Are you a GOSL stooge? Let me see. you could be one of the many loyalists, a cut piece dealer, a scrap iron dealer, fishmonger, drug peddler, a quack, or are you one of those morons who drive around with lokka's poster on the windscreen?

• Like 2

Oh dear... did I hit a nerve? Are you a GOSL stooge? Let me see. you could be one of the many loyalists, a cut piece dealer, a scrap iron dealer, fishmonger, drug peddler, a quack, or are you one of those morons who drive around with lokka's poster on the windscreen?

You better start keeping an eye for those white vans in the rear view mirror..... :)

Edited by CARBON B4

You better start keeping an eye for those white vans in the rear view mirror..... :)

Least of my worries at the moment machang... my biggest worry at the moment is getting hold of 5 sheets of No.2000 water sand sheets for a weekend of DIY cut and polish... :) Can't seem to find them anywhere.

ITN News + Hambanthota Port = vehicle price reduction= B A N D U L A ’s Story of Rupees 7500 :sarcastic_hand:

Simple Economics comics

Did you watch the debate last night? Bloody hell, the way the guy spoke you'd think his anus was on his face :/

• Like 2

Least of my worries at the moment machang... my biggest worry at the moment is getting hold of 5 sheets of No.2000 water sand sheets for a weekend of DIY cut and polish... :) Can't seem to find them anywhere.

ah bummer. i too was gonna do the same over the weekend! Panchi shops it is then! :(

Did you watch the debate last night? Bloody hell, the way the guy spoke you'd think his anus was on his face :/

gotta say ravi k didn't really take him to the cleaners which i thought was a real shame! :(

ah bummer. i too was gonna do the same over the weekend! Panchi shops it is then! :(

Layley Paints in Slave Island has them. Just found out. LKR 75 each. One of the slaves lives there. Will get him to pick some sheets up today on his way home. You want some?

Layley Paints in Slave Island has them. Just found out. LKR 75 each. One of the slaves lives there. Will get him to pick some sheets up today on his way home. You want some?

yes pls :)

truck quantity though...

Simply, this is not relevant to me. So, not gonna post rubbish as you. That is the self decipline that Sri Lankans should have.

Simply, this is not relevant to me. So, not gonna post rubbish as you. That is the self decipline that Sri Lankans should have.

Ane pako, your beloved GOSL is wreaking havoc with the quality of my life and you're talking about Sri Lankans' need for discipline? Kindly take YOUR rubbish elsewhere.

• Like 7

Ane pako, your beloved GOSL is wreaking havoc with the quality of my life and you're talking about Sri Lankans' need for discipline? Kindly take YOUR rubbish elsewhere.

another web idiot !!!! funny

Edited by udayap