• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Going To Increase This Friday ?

sampath_fer

idiots like you should be given tax free cars......

Sirawata machan, ask Chinthana uncle if he can make that happen. I will gladly wear an "idiot" sign in exchange for a tax free diesel c class.

If you could bend over and let UN*MO screw you over with your money for half a year by not delivering the car they promised you, why cant you wait another day and call them monday morning? Its not like you're going to be clearing your car on a sunday afternoon.

We understand you viva buyers' concern over having to pay more, but acting like picky little b!tches isnt going to help you in anyway.

Is that what you did when you were buying your Great Great Grand Vitara long time back .. ?? Mind Your business Pric*

According to the ITN news, vehicle prices may go down due to shifting to Hambanthota port. They also said Hambanthota port is free from most taxes for harbor services and lessen expenses such as waiting time, car holding time in harbor.

Is it true?

I'm afraid this is nothing but government propaganda. As RASKD has mentioned tax free heaven apply only if the goods are imported to be re-export to another destination.

This transfer of service from Colombo port to 'Chinthana' port makes no sense now that the taxes have been increased. There will be a drastic reduction in number of imports and the challenges faced by the Colombo port (mainly the lack of space to park the vehicles) will no longer act as a barrier in the future. Secondly shipping lines first need to agree to call to Hambanthota instead of Colombo. You can't just divert ships to a different port without their consent. I wont be surprised if this whole redirecting thing turns out to be a freight forwarding service. I.E. RoRo's will still unload the goods at Colombo then a 3rd party will re-ship them to Hambanthota via a barge or something similar.

• Like 3

all this is happening so fast... wonder where its gonna end

What's going to happen is the car market will be back where it was back in 2007/08. Unreg cars will be out of reach for majority. Inorder to stave off rising inflation and balance of payment issues CB will have no option but to increase interest rates. Resulting in people defaulting their existing lease payments and new buyer not been able to be approved for new credit. Car importers will cut down their imports and flock to local car auctions thus driving up the price of used cars even more.

Rising interest rates will pave the way for another round of Sakvithi's and Golden Keys. All those new car importers that mushroomed after the tax cut will go back to living off interest gained from FDs. And the poor average Joe will continue to drive around in car that are older than the owner. Suba Anagathayak indeed.

• Like 6

Is that what you did when you were buying your Great Great Grand Vitara long time back .. ?? Mind Your business Pric*

Actually I didnt buy a Great Great Grand Vitara. Just a normal Grand Vitara.

So let me get this straight; you can take the effort to post on AL asking prices of vehicles at Uni#mo, then start online bantering, then go into people's profiles to see what they drive, but you dont have the balls to call Uni#o and ask them the question you began with? Are you shy? Are you scared the Uni#o salesman will yell at you for disturbing his afternoon nap?

These viva buyers I tell you such pushovers... I remember the last guy who bought a brand new viva and got a damaged or faulty car but was overjoyed because he simply got a car at all (despite its condition) ..

• Like 2

Tax cut brought in the crazy monkeys, the tax increase brought out their retarded cousins... sigh... ;(

Watchman, I think some of these newbies are frustrated that they are about to lose a lot of money... ROFLMAO. :lol: Serve them right, the dumb greedy retards.

I am actually rather happy to see all the squirming going on. What we need now is a few self immolations outside Unimo and A*W... :) Icing on the cake!!

I will donate a gallon of petrol!

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

But man .. everybody like nice words,friendly assistance when it is needed. Cheers ... !!

There are ppl in this forum who like to help others, Unlike you who makes fun out of helpless ppl and make terrible comments. Why are you so F***d up man?

Not much for following his own advice this one. Tho he does seem to "Like" his own posts.

How bout this?

You must be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

Nice quotes init .. I found more ..

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds

Oh you are not done yet .. :) Common dear Pericless .. Friends k!!

Watchman I`m just curious, how do you know that much of VIVA buyers ?? :) Btw it was between Pericless and me. Thanks for trying to help.

Swearing at people doesn't fall under honest disagreement. BTW, learn to spell the handle properly.

• Like 1

I guess it's true that what you drive is a reflection of you and vice versa .. :P

But what with the govt forcing people to go lower and lower, this might not hold water for long.

Edited by vishkid

Nice quotes init .. I found more ..

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds

Oh you are not done yet .. :) Common dear Pericless .. Friends k!!

Watchman I`m just curious, how do you know that much of VIVA buyers ?? :) Btw it was between Pericless and me. Thanks for trying to help.

You are either a very good troll or extremely retarded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TIME LIMIT FOR IMPORTING USED VEHICLES UNCHANGED; COMMERCIAL VEHICLES DOWN TO 4 YEARS

April 17, 2012 08:58 pm

The two year time limit for importation of used cars remains unchanged while the five year rule for importation of commercial vehicles has been changed to four years, the Secretary of the Ministry of Finance stated.

The decision was taken today (April 17) following a meeting between President Mahinda Rajapaksa and vehicle importers.

The previous rule of five years that was imposed on the importation of commercial vehicles was set to be changed to three and a half years but was instead altered to four.

TIME LIMIT FOR IMPORTING USED VEHICLES UNCHANGED; COMMERCIAL VEHICLES DOWN TO 4 YEARS

The two year time limit for importation of used cars remains unchanged while the five year rule for importation of commercial vehicles has been changed to four years, the Secretary of the Ministry of Finance stated.

The decision was taken today (April 17) following a meeting between President Mahinda Rajapaksa and vehicle importers.

The previous rule of five years that was imposed on the importation of commercial vehicles was set to be changed to three and a half years but was instead altered to four.

why doesnt daily mirror saying anything about this!?

good move

at least people can now go for hybrids