• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Atom Led 3D Tv

Strikeee

Hi guys,

I came across ATOM LED 3D TV while I was shopping in Arpico supermarket. Thought of buying one. Can any of you tell me about the pros & cons of ATOM products

Cheers

I believe ATOM uses Samsung screens? better to go for a Samsung or Sony IMO.

Unless you're a videophile, they will all look the same. Having said that, my company uses Atom TVs and they don't seem better or worse than any other LCD TV. And before you say "but these are LED TVs", the LED reference is to the backlight, as opposed to a regular cold fluorescent backlight (CFL); it still uses LCD technology to create a picture.

Unless you're a videophile, they will all look the same. Having said that, my company uses Atom TVs and they don't seem better or worse than any other LCD TV. And before you say "but these are LED TVs", the LED reference is to the backlight, as opposed to a regular cold fluorescent backlight (CFL); it still uses LCD technology to create a picture.

I agree on what you said for the most part but there is a difference when it comes to 3D TVs' which is what he is looking. I my self using a 40" Samsung 3D Smart TV but I hardly ever watch 3D stuff (mostly due to availability of less 3D content) or browse internet on it, but easy wireless and wired LAN feature enables me to watch Game of Thrones on the big screen via PC streaming. So at this point I don't see any advantage of having a 3D TV unless you're planning to keep it over 8 years or so.

There is a ATOM TV showroom at Yamaha Music Center and the guy there told me that they're using Samsung screens for their LED TVs, but I'm not sure if they're using it for 3D TVs as well. Best to google some reviews on different brands on their features and 3D technology and then decide depend on the best prices as well.

Arpico sells Soniq as well which I thought was more affordable. Then I ended up buying Innovex, the one brought by Damro.

I think it's the cheapest. 43k for a 32" LED. It's got a 2 yr warranty.

A friend of mine got a 50" 3d led atom from Yamaha. Watched a movie on it, and it was a word short of awesome! I'm no videophile, but atom uses a tech where the 3d is out of the screen, as inthe viewing depth. As opposed to some brands where viewing depth is inside the screen, which is restrictive.

Quality was superb, and it's not like you watch 3d all the time. I think it's value for money if it has a warranty

Edited by Komisiripala

I agree on what you said for the most part but there is a difference when it comes to 3D TVs' which is what he is looking. I my self using a 40" Samsung 3D Smart TV but I hardly ever watch 3D stuff (mostly due to availability of less 3D content) or browse internet on it, but easy wireless and wired LAN feature enables me to watch Game of Thrones on the big screen via PC streaming. So at this point I don't see any advantage of having a 3D TV unless you're planning to keep it over 8 years or so.

There is a ATOM TV showroom at Yamaha Music Center and the guy there told me that they're using Samsung screens for their LED TVs, but I'm not sure if they're using it for 3D TVs as well. Best to google some reviews on different brands on their features and 3D technology and then decide depend on the best prices as well.

Exactly. I know a few people who have bought 3D TVs and they very rarely use the function. In addition, not all 3D glasses can accommodate spectacle wearers (like me), so you're of the 4 eyed variety, better check compatibility with all your frames before hand.

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for all the time you taken for comment here.

I went to the atom show room today, they said they are using LG screen. comparatively the prices are cheap and 2yrs one to one replacement warranty with no questions ask.

Well they did mention to me at a promotion that they use either LG or Samsung display's, depending on the model/type of the TV. Both are good quality screen makers, so whichever way that is not bad. What is used by Atom may have a very few dead pixels but not noticeable from a normal viewing distance and it's reasonably priced compared to equal quality units.