• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift, Help Need

flashmark

Hi,

Recently I bought a Suzuki swift Japanese beetle and I've few questions.

1.How can I check whether my factory fitted security system working fine? When I started driving car security system automatically locked all the door. Only that the sign I've seen so far.Only one time security alarm fired not after that. How can I check security and alarm system?

2. Retract mirror

When I press the control button, it folding and unfolding the mirrors.But its not adjustable. How can I adjust the mirrors? Is it ok to manually change the mirror positions?

3. Where I can buy carpets for my car? cheaper and good quality.

What are the sizes I've to look for?

4. What are the recomonded car wash and dash board cleaner? How can I remove dust ?

5.Still I've no idea about dimension of car. What are the recomondation you can give to me about that?

How can I buy and fit light stick to get better idea about car dimension?What is the name for that gadget?

6. How can I check air enough in tyres?

Please kindly give me your answers for questions I have.

1.How can I check whether my factory fitted security system working fine? When I started driving car security system automatically locked all the door. Only that the sign I've seen so far.Only one time security alarm fired not after that. How can I check security and alarm system?

Try to steal your car. If the security system works, it works.

2. Retract mirror

When I press the control button, it folding and unfolding the mirrors.But its not adjustable. How can I adjust the mirrors? Is it ok to manually change the mirror positions?

Do not try to adjust the mirrors manually on an electrically operated mirror. Instead try to move your seat and your position yourself accordingly.

Arpico, preferably choose ones that fits your car.

4. What are the recomonded car wash and dash board cleaner? How can I remove dust ?

For that fine car, nothing but the best, Dash. All in one cleaner. You can wipe the dust off the car with an old T Shirt.

5.Still I've no idea about dimension of car. What are the recomondation you can give to me about that?

How can I buy and fit light stick to get better idea about car dimension?What is the name for that gadget?

Measure it with a tape measure. You can but it any hardware store, you go and buy it by giving the man the money. Thats how you buy. The gadget is called the Tape Measure.

Keep your mouth on the valve and see if there is any air in the car. If there is air, there is air.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 8

lol VVTI has given some fine answers. I would also like to give some of my own answers.

2. Retract Mirror - Like VVTI said do not try to manually adjust the mirrors on an electrically operated mirror. Try to locate the mirror adjust knob usually located near the mirror folding switch. Swift experts would be able to comment on this.

5. I believe that gadget is called the cornering pole or something.

6. Get hold of a tyre pressure measuring gauge or take the car to a petrol shed and measure the pressure with an air pump. usually the recommended tyre size and pressure is located on a sticker pasted near drivers side door.

Dimensions, tyre pressure, these are very basic requirements man, you should learn to handle these things prior to getting a car. search the forum and you should get some more answers.

Edited by Reckless

Retract Mirrors : On the door panel (on driving seat side); you can see a knob to adjust the mirror. It can be twisted up/down or sides. Just do it gently.

Security system : Well, its working :-) Try to close doors with the remote. Then remove the key from the remote. Without having the remote nearby; try to open the car just using the key.

Car mats : I bought 3M @ kleenpark Dehiwala . Bit costly (Rs. 12,000/-). But they are really good.

You can check your air @ most fuel stations. It should be 28 (check your driver seat side door for sticker for the correct pressure)

To avoid Transmission issues; never change gears while the car is moving.

You could see all this in the user manual (even if its in Japanese; there are still pictures to show it). Just go through the book.

Try to steal your car. If the security system works, it works.

2. Retract mirror

Do not try to adjust the mirrors manually on an electrically operated mirror. Instead try to move your seat and your position yourself accordingly.

Arpico, preferably choose ones that fits your car.

For that fine car, nothing but the best, Dash. All in one cleaner. You can wipe the dust off the car with an old T Shirt.

Measure it with a tape measure. You can but it any hardware store, you go and buy it by giving the man the money. Thats how you buy. The gadget is called the Tape Measure.

Keep your mouth on the valve and see if there is any air in the car. If there is air, there is air.

ROFL! VVTi you are worth your weight in gold!

Edited by ShintaroX

Good god. I really don't understand how people can invest so much money in something they are clueless about. I dunno if it's just me, but if I know nothing about something I'm going to potentially spend millions on, I research it to death before making a commitment.

Good god. I really don't understand how people can invest so much money in something they are clueless about. I dunno if it's just me, but if I know nothing about something I'm going to potentially spend millions on, I research it to death before making a commitment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeping_up_with_the_Joneses

Gone are the days where people actually knew what they were doing.

"hey my neighbor has a car i got to get a newer and bigger one" is the general mentality these days :sad-smiley-066:

According to your information it seems the security system is working, Have no worry. :)

I have Suzuki swift 2009 model. I bought carperts from Arpico. They are cheap.

Use any car wash you like. At the moment I use 'Da*h'. I don't use any dash board cleners to clean interior. I use a clean cloth to clean dashboard.

From a petrol shed or any tire shop. 28 or 29 Psi is recommended presure.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you very mush CyRaX,VVTi,Reckless,Hiran_j and RajeevRanganath.Unfortuately some of the question I asked mislead you. For an example retract mirror issue. Seems my car's retract mirror folding/unfolding function has some issue.I can not control one mirror at a time.Also I can not adjust them using button.That's why asking that question.

Also please send me user manual if you have any.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I need your opinions about below questions for my Swift (Japanese beetle 2010).Thanks for your understandings .

1.What should need to do in first service? What is the recommended place?

2.Recomended engine oil?

3.Do I need to change Auto transmision oil?

4.Why some noice occur when start to move?

5.Is that digital meter reading for fuel efficiency is correct?

6.In which situations we have to use "N" gear and "L"?

7.can we change "D" to "S" while acclerating a car? (overtaking)

8.What are the recomonded speed and RPM for better fuel efficiency?

9.Does that gradually increasing speed and minimize the breaking save fuel?

10. Is that ok to keep car without starting 1- 2 weeks contnously?

11. Any other recomondations

Edited by flashmark

I need your opinions about below questions for my Swift (Japanese beetle 2010).Thanks for your understandings .

1.What should need to do in first service? What is the recommended place?

Change the oil and oil filter. Air filter too if dirty.

2.Recomended engine oil?

Read your manual.

3.Do I need to change Auto transmision oil?

Yes

4.Why some noice occur when start to move?

Because a movement generally transmits sound.

5.Is that digital meter reading for fuel efficiency is correct?

6.In which situations we have to use "N" gear and "L"?

Neutral, to push, pull or tow the car amung other things.

L, when going down a steep hill annd you need engine braking.

7.can we change "D" to "S" while acclerating a car? (overtaking)

Do it before and avoid shifting needlessly, you are causing unwanted wear and tear on your shifter.

8.What are the recomonded speed and RPM for better fuel efficiency?

Whatever the speed limit is.

9.Does that gradually increasing speed and minimize the breaking save fuel?

Yes, but do use the brakes when needed. Don't try to swing around pedestrians to avoid using the brakes.

10. Is that ok to keep car without starting 1- 2 weeks contnously?

No. Your battery will discharge.

11. Any other recomondations

Sell your car and take the bus.