• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Stops While Driving Without Ac (After Recent Tuneup)

SpotLight

Question

I did a recent tune up (one month ago) and now while drving engine stoped. This happened twice when i was in a trafic and car wasnt moving. AC was off and also i noticed some skidding or missing while driving (at about 40mph) without AC. With AC no problems. Fuel consumtion also not good at low speeds. Car is a Honda civic exi 2002 (1.5cc) and millage is at 136xxx. Can this be a hint of transmission failure that honda inherits or is the car leading towards it? ALso waht would be the cost if it be a transmission failure? any expert thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Did they mess around with the idle screws while tuning? If so, u just need to get them adjusted. AFAIK playing with idle screws is something that shouldn't be done.

My other suspicion is a malfunctioning cooling fan. You probably got a two-speed fan which runs at a lower speed and doesn't provide sufficient cooling. However, when the AC is on, the fan works at a higher speed and provides enough cooling for the car to run smoothly. If this is the problem, a workaround would be to get an electrician replace the fan or get it to work faster even when the AC is off.

But please wait for some more opinions from experienced members of the forum.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

similer type thing happened me sometime ago my car is kia spectra auto it also suddenly stopped and then again when i started it starts and after say 5min it stopped until go home it happened then got it repaired from l*l alaw* he told one senser which check the level of engine oil is malfunction and its the reason and replaced it so sometime your prob also similer matter or other sensor prob.

I did a recent tune up (one month ago) and now while drving engine stoped. This happened twice when i was in a trafic and car wasnt moving. AC was off and also i noticed some skidding or missing while driving (at about 40mph) without AC. With AC no problems. Fuel consumtion also not good at low speeds. Car is a Honda civic exi 2002 (1.5cc) and millage is at 136xxx. Can this be a hint of transmission failure that honda inherits or is the car leading towards it? ALso waht would be the cost if it be a transmission failure? any expert thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to be worried about the transmission. The symptoms aren't related to any transmission problems. Check if any hoses and electircal connectors aren't where they should be. Should take you one minute to inspect it. Does the car seem like it's misfiring when it's idling or at low speeds? could be a vacuum leak or thhey disconnected the Air flow sensor.

Also is the coolant temperature normal?

Usually though, after a tuneup the main problem would be the mechanic failing to reconnect a hose or sensor.

• Like 1

You don't need to be worried about the transmission. The symptoms aren't related to any transmission problems. Check if any hoses and electircal connectors aren't where they should be. Should take you one minute to inspect it. Does the car seem like it's misfiring when it's idling or at low speeds? could be a vacuum leak or thhey disconnected the Air flow sensor.

Also is the coolant temperature normal?

Usually though, after a tuneup the main problem would be the mechanic failing to reconnect a hose or sensor.

Thanks jdnet.

Does the car seem like it's misfiring when it's idling or at low speeds?

Yes it is and the fuel consupmtion also very high at low speeds.

Also is the coolant temperature normal?Yes tempeature is normal.

Can you please sugest me a good place to do the checkup. I did the tune up at vimXX motors at Kattiya handiya nugegoda and i am fed up of them because they replaced plugs (not even one year old) once i complain this issue. They were not kind enough to do a scan to see whats going on. Just replaced plugs. I was doing all maintaince at agent. But because of time issues i had to stick with these guys.