• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Leather Seats

Dear All,

In my Honda City GD 08 driver seat leather has cracked slightly. If I put a seat cover ( full cover) will this remain as it is or will it be worst ?.

'Chaturathi',

You can get the crack stitched or if the crack is big enough you can put a small leather piece from the cracked opening under and you paste same. This can be done by Cobbler.Still ends have to be stitched. After that use full cover for both front seats, if not 1 seat is covered do not look nice.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Use a good leather cleaner/lotion and moisturize the leather every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes the cracks will be less obvious if you look after the leather. Don't let these service monkeys wipe them down with water. Cobvering it up won't help. YOu need to deal with the fact that leather is skin and it needs to be moisturized and looked after, just like our skin.

Keels have a good ArmourAll leather care product. Costs only about 800 Rs.

Use it at least once a month and you will be fine.

• Like 1

Dear All, In my Honda City GD 08 driver seat leather has cracked slightly. If I put a seat cover ( full cover) will this remain as it is or will it be worst ?.

Putting a fabric seat cover may not work as you have leather seats it will keep sliding and will sag and look ugly in no time. Plus this will not stop the crack from spreading.

A lot will depend on the extent of this crack, if its big enough best is you get that section re done at a cushion works place. But finding the exact match maybe difficult since it may have faded.

Dear All, In my Honda City GD 08 driver seat leather has cracked slightly. If I put a seat cover ( full cover) will this remain as it is or will it be worst ?.

Putting a fabric seat cover may not work as you have leather seats it will keep sliding and will sag and look ugly in no time. Plus this will not stop the crack from spreading.

A lot will depend on the extent of this crack, if its big enough best is you get that section re done at a cushion works place. But finding the exact match maybe difficult since it may have faded.