• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ce110 Accelerator Problem

ABR

Question

Our family car is a Toyota Corolla CE110 Crystal light LX model(diesel ), my father has been complaining about the acceleration of the car saying its too slow and he is not wrong, I took the car for a spin and I experienced the same thing, the car just wont accelerate even when I'm pushing the pedal halfway down it still won't accelerate like it should be, its almost like something is pulling the car back. Any idea what this could be ?

13 answers to this question

What's the engine? Turbo ? non turbo? with electrically controlled diesel pump or manual pump? Auto gear or manual?

You said "it still won't accelerate like it should be". This statement is by comparing other cars or previous experience of the same car?

Before going any further, check for brake binds also please let us know the information I asked in the begining of this post. So we can logically think for a reason. Also mention any recent repairs/services done on the car.

• Like 2

What's the engine? Turbo ? non turbo? with electrically controlled diesel pump or manual pump? Auto gear or manual?

You said "it still won't accelerate like it should be". This statement is by comparing other cars or previous experience of the same car?

Before going any further, check for brake binds also please let us know the information I asked in the begining of this post. So we can logically think for a reason. Also mention any recent repairs/services done on the car.

Non turbo, 1800 cc, dont know about the pump, and its auto gear.

Yep, we had a FB14 before and before that a Mitsubishi Strada(such a beast, I wish we kept that but my dad sold it)

Back to the car, For e.g - when the car is going up a mountain road(kandak in sinhala terms xD), even with the accelerator pushed all the way down the car wont speed up. We have checked everything, even contacted a bass few weeks back and he agreed when he took it for a test drive, but even he couldnt find the problem. We never had this problem with the previous vehicles.

Also this car has been running fine for almost 7 years now, no repairs, done around 125,000 KMS, new timing belt and all that.

EDIT - Just wondering, how much a CE110 LX Crystal light diesel model car is worth these days? (English number - GG-xxxx)

I always wanted a 92 Civic or Lancer CS3 but my dad just loves this car cuz its diesel-_____-

Edited by ABR

Non turbo, 1800 cc, dont know about the pump, and its auto gear.

Yep, we had a FB14 before and before that a Mitsubishi Strada(such a beast, I wish we kept that but my dad sold it)

Back to the car, For e.g - when the car is going up a mountain road(kandak in sinhala terms xD), even with the accelerator pushed all the way down the car wont speed up. We have checked everything, even contacted a bass few weeks back and he agreed when he took it for a test drive, but even he couldnt find the problem. We never has this problem with the previous vehicles.

Also this car has been running fine for almost 7 years now, no repairs, done around 125,000 KMS, new timing belt and all that.

Does it smokes heavily while you keep the pedal pressed all the way ?

I was rather assuming this was a sudden development / change of the car and it used to give a good pulling power. If it's the way this car was, I presume it's something to do with the engine power and how it has been used.

On a sidenote, are you sure it's a 1.8l? means 1C? usually CE110 came with 2C or 3C engines. 2C = 1997CC and 1C=1796CC. If it's 1.8 as you say, I don't think we should take this any further as it explains the reason.

A simple trick is there to increase the power a little bit on these diesel engines. That is by advancing the diesel pump position a little bit. The sound of the engine will increase a little and fuel efficiency will decrease but for sure it increases the response.

-- this can fetch around 2.2 ~ 2.3 me thinks.

• Like 2

clogged air filter,break binding,clogged fuel filter,retard ignition timing it could be anything....take it to a garage and see

Since when did diesel engines come with ignition systems?

And getting back to topic, are you facing any difficulties starting without heating the engine when it's cold i.e. in the morning?. I'm pretty sure the LX models came with a regular 2C. You mentioned that it has done 125K, I believe it is time for your first rebuild.

Take the vehicle to a reputed garage and get a compression test carried out.

Check if you get too much black smoke. Bad injectors cause loss of power and it s time to check injectors if it hasn't done already.

If the engine is badly worn it'll be hard to start in the morning, will burn oil and produce too much black smoke. But frankly 125K is nothing for a well maintained 2C (no offence terrabytetango :) ), mine has done over 210K and still going strong and I know another CE110 which is closer to 300K.

Your issue could most probably be the injector nozzles so get them checked or replaced as necessary. Anyway it's better to check the injectors at least for every 100,000 km and replacing all the 4 with genuine denso ones should cost less than Rs. 10,000

Well guys, I think the main question here seems to be is if this problem developed recently or its been there for a while. Also 125K is too new for an engine rebuild but you never know what the actual mileage of this car is.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

@terra and Amila G - Yep, it takes like 1.5-2 seconds for the car to start in the morning.

And there is no black smoke(just a little bit when i push the accelerator halfway down)

@The Don - It has been there for a while but only recently we really started noticing it.

Going to take the car to a garage in town, will let you guys know how it goes.

Edited by ABR

Thanks for the replies so far :)

@terra and Amila G - Yep, it takes like 1.5-2 seconds for the car to start in the morning.

And there is no black smoke(just a little bit when i push the accelerator halfway down)

@The Don - It has been there for a while but only recently we really started noticing it.

Going to take the car to a garage in town, will let you guys know how it goes.

Sounds like the engine is producing a bit less power than before. Could be that the engine is under compression.

Our family car is a Toyota Corolla CE110 Crystal light LX model(diesel ), my father has been complaining about the acceleration of the car saying its too slow and he is not wrong, I took the car for a spin and I experienced the same thing, the car just wont accelerate even when I'm pushing the pedal halfway down it still won't accelerate like it should be, its almost like something is pulling the car back. Any idea what this could be ?

Check this out.

CE110 come with 2C Engine (2C Molli Engine)

i will tel you few steps, if you can get done, you can have smooth, good in fuel, good in power engine.

1. you have to service the injection pump and pressure the Injectors (if injectors bad you have to replace)

2. Adjust the tappet clearance (2C tappet clearances are 0.25mm intake, 0.30mm exhaust when engine is cooled. also remember every bass can't adjust tappet clearance of the 2C engines)

3. replace the Fuel filter with VIC, Union or Genuine,

4. replace the Air filter with VIC, Union or Genuine

5. if you can sure genuine mileage of your engine is 125k just try Toyota Engine oil 10w-30w (for 2C and 3C engines Toyota recommend 10w-30w engine oils.)

(keep looking oil level when using 10w-30w. if your engine mileage over 200k you can observe oil burning. if you observed oil burn change the engine oil to 10w-40w Mobil or Castrol)

6. Better use oil filter VIC, Union or genuine.

7. also you have to drain water from the fuel filter every 15,000-20,000km

** when you do Injection pump service you have to go to reputed place. because this Injection pump want to be calibrated properly by experienced person.

i will post Toyota recommendations for 2C and 3C engines tomorrow. i have to take pictures from a Toyota Engine.

2cch.jpg

2ccar.jpg

Edited by Nilantha
  • Like 1

*** for Injection pump repair Toyota Lanka takes 30,000/- or more, Demo also ok but don't know prices. there is place in Nawala they will charge around 10,000/- 15,000/-, for recon Injection pump will cost around 22,000/- (My Injection pump repair was not sucessfull, so I bought recon one for 19,000/- after cry)

*** Denso injector nozzles will be cost around 1,500- 1800/- each (not remember exact prices)

*** for filters, Panchikawatta Genuine and Toyota Lanka Genuine are difference.

(7. also you have to drain water from the fuel filter every 15,000-20,000km) if you not drain water. water will go to injection pump and injection pump will be damaged again. if you love your Injection pump, try to use Toyota Lanka Genuine Diesel Filter or VIC one. if you use Union Diesel filter Change every 10,000-15,000km if use Sakura, Korean or duplicate filter change every 5000km

Edited by Nilantha
  • Like 1