• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Sri Lankan Car Manufacturer - 'elca Cars'

Californikan

by reading the article it created the list of questions in my mind.

1 - is it full electric ? so what's this turbo electric name.

2 - what's the scientific basis of driving mechanism.

3 - the milage per charge session is even higher than nissan leaf .could it be possible?

4 - what's his new battery ?

5 - electricity is so expensive in sri lanka , specially when the number of units per moth increases.is there any calculation ?

6 - all the car manufacturers are outsourcing certain parts of technology.is this person devalop everything alone from battery to complete car. ?

7 - Where are the exact scientific numbers ?

• Like 4

Why does an electric car need turbos?

I'm really curious about that part. Doesn't make sense at all. Hey do you remember that guy a long time ago that built a car that hee claims, runs on old polythene shopping bags?

Hope this will not be a come n go project, as most of the similar projects started in the past were not continuing.. If this car launch ,parallely the charging stations need to be established.It will be a huge set up cost..will be good as a long term process..but for the time being sounds bit unrealistic for the current situation of the country. what my opinion is instead of going to electric (so called green cars) ..the best is to develop a good conventional petrol engine car (even assembling Japanes or Korean parts) with a reasonable price tag for average use..The best example in Asia is Proton and Perodua cars in Malaysia..you will see more Protons and Peroduas on the roads in Malaysia than other brands.

On another note, each time cali spots some tree hugging article, he posts it here. That's cali's special way of saving the planet.

Actually, no. Try reading the heading next time.

If it had been a 500hp V8 Sri Lankan sports car, the story would still have been posted.

Not another one!

As long as there are fools like cali in this world, there will always be scammers I guess...

You're actually dumb enough to think I was being serious, even though I put this ;) emoticon by the story to indicate that the car and story should be taken with a grain of salt and not be taken seriously.

Isn't it amazing how many large companies like GM and Renault-Nissan have done and continue to invest millions if $$$ on electric cars and they never thought of Electric/Turbo/Wind ;) ? And this guy can make the battery much lighter than anyone else ;) ?

If he really developed that battery then he does not need to go into all this trouble of manufacturing the car with all the risks and work required. He could just patent the (battery and this Electric/Turbo/Wind hybrid) and sit back and watch his bank account exploding!

• Like 3

Another Kesbewe Budu Putha, Ruwanwelle Sobitha and The Miracle Doctor White.... Sri Lanka is full of tehse quacks!

The scammers alone are not to blame. Larger share of the blame must go to TV stations and newspapers that readily believe in anything they see, without any analysis whatsoever. Once these scammers go on TV and papers, the general public start believing them. People like that stupid idiot Nalaka Gunawardene must be tortured and killed for glorifying scammers. They should share the blame for creating Sobithas, budu puthas and water-car inventors and the like.

• Like 2

These phony inventers are a menace,

once I fell for a so called another invention by a person who claimed he produced a helium engine and uses it on his bike,

But later when i saw it i realised that this was another one of these Chinese electrical bikes.

These phony inventers are a menace,

once I fell for a so called another invention by a person who claimed he produced a helium engine and uses it on his bike,

But later when i saw it i realised that this was another one of these Chinese electrical bikes.

*-facepalm-* aney bung...

Ohhhh i finally get it, guys this dumbass doesnt know the difference between a turbo and a turbine. What it has are turbines that are connected to a dynamo maybe and spin cause of the wind and that generates some extra bit of juice.