• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

3M Car Mats

SeanD

Question

Tired of the default rubber mats that get dirty (or rather, show it) very easily and thinking of splurging on a set of black 3M mats for my Sorento. Anyone got any feedback on this product? I see Kleenpark seems to offer it :

http://www.kleenpark.com/3m-3m-car.html

I also seem to recall them being on sale at Arpico, IIRC it was around LKR 15k. Any idea what a good price is for a set like this?

14 answers to this question

Got a set two years ago, but they did not have the padding for the feet back then. The area where the feet rest is basically flattened out now. Overall they are great. They are a breeze to clean with the pressure washer and catch dirt really well. Takes a bitt longer to dry up so you have to hang them for an hour to get the water out. Cost me 7k two years ago just for two front ones. Never really have passengers in the back so I thought it'd be a waste spending mats for the back.

Oh yeah, I usually keep the gun of the pressure washer two inches or less from the carpet to get the dirt out, so it seems they really can take a beating.

Edited by jdnet

Tired of the default rubber mats that get dirty (or rather, show it) very easily and thinking of splurging on a set of black 3M mats for my Sorento. Anyone got any feedback on this product? I see Kleenpark seems to offer it :

http://www.kleenpark.../3m-3m-car.html

I also seem to recall them being on sale at Arpico, IIRC it was around LKR 15k. Any idea what a good price is for a set like this?

please read the sentence you typed JUST before your question and you'll find the answer you seek :P

And it avoids you'r slippers from slipping under the break paddle,

It dosen't move about unnecessary like the cheap ones.

Although i never service my vehicles there I always go around Kleen-park to put 3m tints and carpets just as i buy a new set of wheels,

I think It's worth the extra penny because it lasts as long as i use the car.

Got a set two years ago, but they did not have the padding for the feet back then. The area where the feet rest is basically flattened out now. Overall they are great. They are a breeze to clean with the pressure washer and catch dirt really well. Takes a bitt longer to dry up so you have to hang them for an hour to get the water out. Cost me 7k two years ago just for two front ones. Never really have passengers in the back so I thought it'd be a waste spending mats for the back.

Oh yeah, I usually keep the gun of the pressure washer two inches or less from the carpet to get the dirt out, so it seems they really can take a beating.

7K? :o

Its better to get the original carpets imported from Japan IMO

Went to Arpico - Union Place and bought curly black carpets (same quality as 3M curly carpers, but these are for commercial use) - used a scissor to cut the shape as you need, and hurrah!!... Got new set of curly charpets. Almost 1 year just 4000/- + buks, still no harm.....

Edited by slcamel

Went to Arpico - Union Place and bought curly black carpets (same quality as 3M curly carpers, but these are for commercial use) - used a scissor to cut the shape as you need, and hurrah!!... Got new set of curly charpets. Almost 1 year just 4000/- + buks, still no harm.....

So buy a Chinese fake Rolex and if it works after one year brag about it.

• Like 1

3M Carpets are a rippoff!!!

Durability??

Hw long am i going to use the carpets?? 15 Years??

Common theere are similar ones without the 3M brand for 1/3rd the price in the market..

You can get them for around 3-4k which does the same job..

There is very little V&T on vehicle carpets!!

3M Carpets are a rippoff!!!

Durability??

Hw long am i going to use the carpets?? 15 Years??

Common there are similar ones without the 3M brand for 1/3rd the price in the market..

You can get them for around 3-4k which does the same job..

There is very little V&T on vehicle carpets!!

That's a dumb statement. The wear add tear vary from car to car. My floor mats get waste pretty fast. I have used the ccopycat ones too and they haen't worked out for me too well.

So buy a Chinese fake Rolex and if it works after one year brag about it.

Mate.... The one I'm talking about is more thicker and harder than the Chinese set.. I have used that too.... thats a waste....

3M Carpets are a rippoff!!! Durability?? Hw long am i going to use the carpets?? 15 Years?? Common theere are similar ones without the 3M brand for 1/3rd the price in the market.. You can get them for around 3-4k which does the same job.. There is very little V&T on vehicle carpets!!

You look like a typical Sri Lankan cheapskate mudalali.