• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Buy A Genuine Xbox 360Hdd

Would any of our gaming friends know where to get hold of a 360 HDD for the older xbox 360 in SL?

Even the 20gb one is fine.

I got gears 3 yesterday but can't play the bloody thing without applying a system update that takes up a bit of space.

Have been using memory cards all this while cos never had the need for an HDD.

An HDD bought off ebay few months back turned out to be DOA. So wanna try and get something from SL.

If anybody knows of a joint, have a contact number for such a place would be most appreciated. :)

Can someone pls tell me a place where I can get the Power unit on my 360S checked and sorted out? Showing amber and nothing else. I stripped it, cleaned it, sprayed contact cleaner, cleaned the fans everything that was suggested in all the 360S forums, but nothing seemed to work.

Nastars?

Nastars?

yeah. planning on calling them up tomorrow

The current dashboard allows you to use USB drives to expand memory. Follow the link.

http://blog.yellowch...lash-drive.html

thanks. sounds like a bit of trouble.

if i cant find a hdd here, will try that out and see. prefer to have an hdd cos when i bought forza 3 long time back, dvd 2 had to be installed to an hdd to have all race tracks etc.

Bought a HDD off ebay few months back and it was dead on arrival. the shipping times were such i ran out of time to lodge a complaint.

thanks. sounds like a bit of trouble.

if i cant find a hdd here, will try that out and see. prefer to have an hdd cos when i bought forza 3 long time back, dvd 2 had to be installed to an hdd to have all race tracks etc.

Bought a HDD off ebay few months back and it was dead on arrival. the shipping times were such i ran out of time to lodge a complaint.

nuno, the USB stick does the same thing an HDD does, up to 16GB at least.

nuno, the USB stick does the same thing an HDD does, up to 16GB at least.

suppose you gotta find a compatible stick yeah?

I'm bit worried to fiddle around too much cos last time around...bought a chinese HDD off ebay and that bloody thing didn't workout.

that's why i wanted to get a genuine xbox hdd

Have you tried this method?

Edited by Ripper

Try a store in majestic city called chelsey. Its on the 3rd floor.

thanks man. will do a run there and see. Seems like MC and Unity are the two joints to check.

suppose you gotta find a compatible stick yeah?

I'm bit worried to fiddle around too much cos last time around...bought a chinese HDD off ebay and that bloody thing didn't workout.

that's why i wanted to get a genuine xbox hdd

Have you tried this method?

Yes I tried when the feature was first made available, but not since then. You can always purchase the official XB 360 flash drive, as recommended by Microsoft. Here's a link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Cruzer-XBOX-360-16GB-16-gb-USB-Flash-Drive-usb-/120732733399?pt=UK_Computing_FlashDrives_SM&hash=item1c1c3b4fd7#ht_2594wt_1344

Yes I tried when the feature was first made available, but not since then. You can always purchase the official XB 360 flash drive, as recommended by Microsoft. Here's a link.

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2594wt_1344

thanks man. i have a 16gig sandisk at home...will hook it up and see how it goes. If it doesn't workout will buy one of em xbox sticks.

no risk of getting busted in shipping unlike a HDD :D

Can someone pls tell me a place where I can get the Power unit on my 360S checked and sorted out? Showing amber and nothing else. I stripped it, cleaned it, sprayed contact cleaner, cleaned the fans everything that was suggested in all the 360S forums, but nothing seemed to work.

My power brick got burnt, I ended up buying a new one on Amazon, now on the way...

ebay is the cheapest.. but keep extra 2000/= for our customs boys.. ;)

getting HDD's off ebay is a bit dodgy cos they can damaged while in transit. Happened to me once so not gonna bother trying again.

For VVTI's power brick issue, ebay would be a great option

but it says hacking software only work with Western Digital Drives,

- WD Scorpio Series BEVS/BEAS

- WD Scorpio Blue Series BEVS/BEVT/BPVT

- WD Scorpio Black Series BEKT/BJKT

- WD VelociRaptor Series

- WD AV-25 Series BUDT

I used that method for a friend's Arcade version, the process is quite tiresome, hence why I didn't bother suggesting it to Ripper. We had to use a computer from the office to carry it out in the end because my desktop didn't go through the process properly and he has sexual relations with his Apple devices uses an MBP.

Edited by terrabytetango

I used that method for a friend's Arcade version, the process is quite tiresome, hence why I didn't bother suggesting it to Ripper. We had to use a computer from the office to carry it out in the end because my desktop didn't go through the process properly and he has sexual relations with his Apple devices uses an MBP.

exactly...after my chinese hdd off ebay going bad...not too hot on these hacks. And my 360 is not hacked to play fakes. I wanna keep it like that and not get banned from xbox live :)

waiting till junior to take his mid day nap for me to get access to the tv :) will try the pen drive option and see....

@VVTI

your slim doesn't work ne machang :) mine does perfectly and it's only missing an HDD :)

Lets try and get your 360 a powerbrick and see if it works out. Or if we can find somebody else with a working powerbrick for a 360s that should be a better scene

What were the symptoms? Did you get the Amber light only and no power to the console? This is a Xbox Slim.

Nope, i did something stupid lol, plugged in tje 110v adapter directly without a converter :/